1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr has a burner account

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Feb 1, 2018.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

How does he complain when I saw Curry or Klay literally “shuffle” their feet every play against the Kings.

Klay does it every possession.

Stormy1234 and touring_low like this.
  2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What’s funny is I’ve seen curry do this same move only going right since he’s a right handed shooter.

KD used to use this move all the time. He prob learned it from harden or the other way around.

Harden has the best footwork in the nba. Prob some of the best footwork the game has ever seen especially coming from a guard.

Calling that a travel is like calling the dream shake a travel.

Harden is a special talent and he’s striking fear in everyone and why wouldn’t he, guys the best player in the nba and to make it even harder on other teams he’s actually playing pretty decent defense to go with his one of a kind offense.

I hope atleast us rockets fans appreciate what we’re watching with this guy. They will talk about harden 40 years after he retires. He’s that damn good.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Y'all should just flood kerr's twitter w KD/curry/klay/draymond palming, traveling and nut-kicking clips.

Edit: don't forget to tag the NBA, ESPN, TNT, etc.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yes.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The issue is not the two steps after the gather. It is the "gather step" followed by the two steps. The NBA is lax in its allowance of a gather step. FIBA only recently started allowing it, and in other lower levels it's still not called like in the NBA.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/8...ling-american-players-rule-change-gather-step

Like I said, it is legal in the NBA -- because as Kerr said the NBA wants to give great 1-on-1 scorers more freedom to wow the crowds. Doesn't mean purists have to like it.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Folks, here we go. The gamesmanship through the MEDIA on Harden is beginning. First the Harden Rule, and now footwork.

Such a random pull quote from Windhorst here today. But it gets the conversation going in the media.

Will refs now FOCUS on these things?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. HookemHorns1250

At this point.. 0 f’s are given about what other teams think. I now want Harden just to piss off as many people as humanly possible.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. HookemHorns1250

This is the only question that matters, and seeing as they haven’t been calling it, we can only hope they’ll just ignore this.

However, if they truly believe it isn’t a travel, it’d be nice for them to come and be like “Nope, you’re wrong.” I mean it’s not only Hardens credibility being judged by these idiots running their mouths, but it’s the refs as well.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

There are so many things that NBA call or don’t call. Kerr flat out said it was an embrassment - meaning what Harden did in his mind is a travel by the rule and should be called. That is just wrong. I don’t understand why we still bring it up like he somehow has a point. I don’t care if it is not allowed in Ukraine, in YMCA league in Idaho that is irrelevant. Also FIBA adopted this rule not recently. They adopted in 2015. That’s like 4 seasons ago.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I legit think CWebb was praising Harden and his footwork. I don't think for a second that TNT was trying to say it was a travel. Kerr is the only idiot who believes this

seeingredtx likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've never heard of this even in the 80's playing ball in high school you had two steps after ending a dribble. Euro rules I have no clue about but I don't think a purist would worry about international rules.

Durvasa, you're simply wrong here. FIBA isn't American basketball so it's not really pertinent. Let's look at a more "purist" rule set - the NCAA rules.

https://ncaambb.arbitersports.com/Groups/104883/Library/files/BR15.pdf

Notice this section under traveling:

Harden had his right foot on the floor at the point he ended his dribble - I think we can all agree on that based on the video footage. In that case the second bolded part applies to what he did. He jumped off that foot and landed simultaneously on both - which is legal. Neither can be the pivot now, but he did not pivot any further, he took a jumpshot.

So it's legal by NBA rules and NCAA rules.

hakeem94 and YallMean like this.
  12. ipa

ipa Member

Hopefully more people will watch this and understand!

Rox_Mayhem and YallMean like this.
  13. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

I don't think OP understand what a "burner" account is.

marky :), Daddy Long Legs and DudeWah like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

Not true. I have an iPhone X and I was texting my side piece through DM but accidentally downloaded Candy Crush and then my iPhone turned into a Blackberry.

These phones are weird.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden is Kerr's stepdaddy

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

Clearly he was covering it up with that laughable excuse. I thought he would be more of a man if he stood behind what he said and admit that he was wrong. Lost opportunity. I really liked the piece on him about his dad, him and his family.

17. hakeemthagreat

Harden's getting too much love for the season we are having. The media really wanted this season to be Lebron's redemption MVP season. But they couldn't find a narrative because the Cavs have been terrible. What other way to change the subject? Let's talk about if Harden travels or not. Anything to avoid conversation about how Harden's the best player in the NBA & how wrong they were on how CP would fit next to him

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Kerr just said the team is exhausted, mentally fried. Excuses, excuses, excuses...

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

It's 6:18pm on February 3, 2018 and Steve Kerr is still a b****.

20. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Harden knows the rules. I'm sure he put a lot of effort and work to make sure that shot is completely legal. To have a crybaby like Kerr try to influence the officials because Stephanie keeps getting burned by Harden is just pathetic.