1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr has a burner account

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Feb 1, 2018.

1. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Of course he won’t. He and his team are the darlings of the NBA...

adw likes this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't like him saying that every play travels implying he traveled.

3. rockets13champs

Kerr knew what he was doing. All he wanted to do was start the conversation. Now it will be a conversation going into the playoff series. If he can get into the referees heads and call Hardens step back a travel. He can take another thing away and destroy Rockets career.

Here’s my thing with Kerr. YOU GOT 4 of THE ****ING BEST 20 players 2 of the top 3 guys. STFU about fairness, you the team that has the highest uneven advantage

ryano2009 and jacoby like this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Kerr is wack and his team is loaded.

Him being able to sign KD was an anomaly. The cap spike just happens to fall the same year KD is a FA? How freaking convenient.

Them drafting curry and klay I can respect. Taking a flyer on green in the 2nd round is good scouting.

That team was already perfect for the modern nba. They were unstoppable for the 2 years before KD joined but they were fresh exciting something new.

Now it’s just not fair.

I get why they got KD I mean who didn’t want him.

But teams were catching on to the warriors. I truely believe this rockets squad would beat the warriors pre KD.

Teams like Toronto Boston maybe even the twolves. Teams are consolidating talent.

But adding KD to the mix just makes it’s almsot unfair. It’s amazing to me that the Rockets and Boston play them so close and in The rockets case beat them.

Cmon Kerr you coach a team that Any joe blow could and get the same results.

We’ve seen space cadet Luke Walton win 24 straight with this team.

I can’t keep a job Mike brown to a 12-0 playoffs record.

Even Holic could coach them to a ring and that’s saying something.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's unbelievable that Kerr would call that a travel when it's obviously not.

I guess Kerr is worried about the Rockets beating the Warriors and is trying to use his leverage to manipulate the referring. Disgusting.

I definitely lost respect for him over this.

Richie_Rich and BigShasta like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I’m not sure I believe it was an accident.

This brought a lot of attention to what he said, and when questioned about saying the mvp is embarrassing the league he was able to laugh and have a light hearted exchange with reporters and move on. His point got out there though.

Won’t shock me at all to see harden called for a travel in the playoffs.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree it is not a travel in today’s NBA —“obviously not a travel” is too strong a statement though.

He is employing a gather while planting his right foot, and then taking two additional steps to finish the step back. It’s a legal move, but much like Harden’s Euro step it really is at the edge of what is allowable. No surprise that old school guys will look at it and think it’s a travel.

I take Kerr at his word that he didn’t intend for the comment to be public. That’s an easy mistake to make. So, really what this amounts to is us complaining about a guy’s old school opinion on how rules should be enforced.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He has always been a whiney b****

Rocket River

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Everytime Durant/Draymond dribbles full court...they have to naturally palm the basketball.
    Stinks that James Harden's move sidestepping sideways is more unique since he is a leftie...Steph Curry relies on three steps to get balance...
    Straight from the playbook of Phil Jackson, Mark Cuban...want to bring attention to the move...use the media.
    Kerr playing it off as a mistake, but his tweet was intentional.

Why this stinks is that Harden is now gonna get these traveling calls just because of this tweet...
    Kerr is the beneficiary of an all time great team. Look at the Spurs, they are playing without superstars but able to hang around. If Kerr didnt have the luxury of 2 league MVPs in their prime plus DPOY and another 45% three point shooter, he wouldnt have the success he is having.

Also fck Stacy McLady and his constant shade...Its an embarrassment that he was ever a first ballot HOF...1st round virgin!

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am sorry but that's ridiculous. Basketball at all levels allow you to take two steps after the gather on a dribble and it's clear that his right foot is on the ground before he completes his gather.

How can you call that a borderline travel? That's like saying anytime a guy takes a layup with two steps it's a borderline travel!

Plus old footage of all the greats taking two steps. Hakeem, Magic, Bird, Jordan - they all did it.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, Kerr isn't worried. He's eating his breakfast.

BTW, 99% of NBA players would be called palming or traveling if they played in the '60s. Fred Hoiberg said that about Isaiah Thomas's dribbling.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Remember that one coach brought up Isiah Thomas' palming/carrying
    Now Isiah seems to get one call a game

Rocket River

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think the spirit of the two steps are meant to go forward, not backward or sideway. That's why Ginobili's Euro step is somewhat controversial. The allowance of the two steps is to make it less awkward when a player is gathering the ball while running. The step back move is not really running. It's more like the foot work in a post up play.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am not sure I agree with the 'hop' travel
    Because it is still 2 steps

Rocket River

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Steve Kerr taking a page out of the Russian play book. "What? Me?? Meddle??? NEVER!" ******* never meant it as a mistake, and now seed has been planted. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Brothers calls a travel or two tonight on Harden's step back.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That "I have an iPhone X" excuse is ridiculous.

slothy420 and pippendagimp like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don't think NBA is going to start calling that as a travel. It's beautiful balance and footwork and everyone, from regular Joe to pro, can learn that move and I would think, have tried. They aren't about to take something beautiful away from the game.

The hop travel is awkward looking so I get that one being illegal.

And I agree, technically, everyone travel. If you have instrument to measure micro level of foot movement, they all shift their pivot foot at least a micro as soon as they move.

Btw, has the NBA done anything about Kawhi Leonard regular use of hop and pivot foot shifting travel?

#238 Amiga, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    BigShasta and YallMean like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not to mention he displayed several of the classic forms of lying "tells" -- touching his face, looking down, smirking, avoiding eye contact and telling rambling, irrelevant stories. :)

Deuce, AroundTheWorld and slothy420 like this.
  19. YallMean

YallMean Member

There is no edge of allowable. There is no such a thing in this country. It’s either allowed or not allowed. There isn’t a zone where things aren’t clear. If we operate like that, we will be doomed. gateher step then two more side steps, that’s allowed. It’s like driving at 64 miles is perfectly fine. If they going to change that only to restrict Harden, then NBA is dead to me. It’s not basketball anymore. Kerr was wrong. Please stop referring to me as if he had a reason to say what he said there.

BigShasta likes this.