1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets waiting to see if Lakers waive Brook Lopez

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The 7 man rotation joke is really lame when we are playing a full 9 man rotation.

heypartner, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  2. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

3. mockster

mockster Member

Does Ryan Anderson even count though?. Nene and Anderson played 10 minutes each. It’s literally almost a 7 man rotation. Mbah and Tucker played over 30 minutes Each and combined managed to score 5 points [Also almost third game in a row they’ve scored like that]

What’s lame is letting perfectly good scorers sit and die on the bench

#123 mockster, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    ak99999 likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I haven’t been following Lopez’s season but I didn’t think it was a forgone conclusion he wouldn’t be back with LA next year.
    He’s not a great Center but he is decent.
    I get the whole doing someone a solid but they will need to sign players next year and I would think you’d welcome a player like Lopez back if the terms were friendly (which I would assume is very likely seeing its LA and I don’t think teams are going to throw mad cash at him)

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Another 6'11 softy?

6. justtxyank

So if he gave green 6 minutes that would be helpful but guys who get 10 don’t count.

D-rock likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

b/c ryno on the court translates to a -1 rotation player :D

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Nene does not look as good this year to me at all

buffalobills!!! and Why not? like this.
  9. justtxyank

He’s had moments but definitely not the same as last year. Shouldn’t be surprising, he’s old and coming off another serious injury

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well, I felt the rumor of Cousins/Paul George joining LeBron with Lakers this summer was “a possibility.”
    I don’t believe LeBron goes to LA with just Paul George joining the kids. Does he want Cousins at lesser
    performance playing like Rudy Gay or the way Isaiah Thomas is recovering now from hip surgery?

I feel the Rockets are the best option this summer for LeBron.....minus Ryan.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah we need more insurance under the rim and at the 4 in general. I know that obvious but man... getting rid of Ryan would do a lot for us.

12. mockster

mockster Member

When did I ever say to give green 6 minutes?. My point is we’re barley even doing a 9 man rotation as is. Give green minutes by slicing some out of Tucker and Mbah minutes and Anderson.

I feel like any given night green could play 10-20 minutes and longer based on how he performs and some nights maybe we won’t need him at all.

Play the hot player. Was it really wise to leave in Mbah and tucker who were not scoring at all. When you could’ve put green in for a boost

Also would you please provide the stats of those two guys who played 10 minutes. Bet they were big difference makers.

My main complaint is sticking to “9 men” like it’s life or death.

#132 mockster, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

While Ryan hopefully deals with his mental issues, I would like to see Luc in the starting lineup. At least our defense would be better and we could stay in the game in the 1st qtr. Give Gerald some of James/Trevor minutes and only play Ryan against match ups that favorable to him. Last night was definitely not a good match up, just like when he plays against Carmelo. He has a good matchup against Draymond and Gasol but not the Pelicans (which just changed with Boogie's Achilles injury).

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Agreed.

15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Twin Towers?

Lopez and Capela?

16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Harden will make him Capela 2.0... just watch.

bilaal14 and Sidarma like this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Lopez the Hispanic Mutumbo

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't see it - he's pretty slow and lumbering. One of the least athletic players I have ever seen...just doesn't seem like he would suit this system at all. I guess he added a 3pt shot so that makes him somewhat valuable. I guess as an insurance policy for Nene/Clint - it would make sense to pursue him but I would hope Nene is ahead of him in the rotation.

Little Bit and BigggReddd like this.
  20. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

He's averaging 13pts per game, why in the hell would they waive him? Doesn't make sense