1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe if he didn't shoot 28% the Rox wouldn't be in that situation, ever think of that? What about his "defense" on LMA? LMA killed us on the boards and on points the whole series, did you forget that as the opposing PF he was Anderson's man? Just cuz Anderson had a lucky shot that one time doesn't excuse his horrible shooting and horrible defense and horrible rebounding the rest of the time.

When you make 20M and shoot 28% with horrible D for the series then you are legitimately the reason for the loss. No scapegoating required.

2. Burko

Burko Member

I don't hate Ryno, but he's a bit of a luxury right now in that he is a floor spreading long range shooter and doesn't play hard enough defence.

We've got Ariza, Gordon, Paul and Harden who are proficient at shooting the three, with Tucker and Luc who can spot up when open, Anderson's contract isn't worth what we're getting back from him, which is a shame cos I like the guy.

roslolian, csc177 and Junkyard_Dog like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

do you even basketball bro?

man, we need that small ball 5

and he is playing defense hard.... he has that fight in him

career 38% 3pt shooter... best range in nba after curry best stretch 4 in the game

seeingredtx likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man if he only could have mix up a 3-4 drives on a regular basis, with his 3pt range, he would of been terrific for us...not saying hes negative...

Rox11 and fattz like this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

His defense is not from lack of effort either. He is out fo position => system and he lacks the superior athleticism to recover => looks 1/4 step out of sync.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Exactly, I think it’s in the gameplan for him not to do that, must be instructed to let cp3/JH create for him

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

did he shoot 28% that game. nope. and again LMA was not all on Ryno. so that really isn't valid either.you can knock ryno's defense all you want. I could do the same for so many other players on this team but I choose not to find gimmick reasons to do so. The rockets lost bc the spurs executed better. Nvm the fact that they were missing their best player. that's the difference bw their team and so many others. Once they took back the lead after Ryno's shot, they understand how to play defense and get a stop to finish games.

but what is a 100% fact is he put the rockets in the lead and in a position to win. everything that happened after that still is his fault though. that's just typical cf's that always needs a reason to complain and someone to blame. Scapegoat confirmed

#987 YOLO, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

He drives as much as Ariza. Gameplan is take three and layups. Ryno often stars driving but instead of going all the way to the rim he stops and takes a long or midrange 2.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There were passes to him at the three that he did not even LOOK at the basket and he was open
    It is getting so bothersome . . .that we work 15 seconds to get that shot. . . and he passes on it

LEaving Harden or Paul 8 seconds to work another play or a shot

Rocket River

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

What do you mean "its not all on Ryno, so its not valid"? PFs are gonna guard the other team's PF so why is that not valid? In fact Anderson was such a liability MDA had Ariza guarding LMA out of position, thats how much LMA abused Anderson. What gimmick reasons are you talking about? Execution? The spurs "executing" just means they were able to give the ball to LMA and he scored easily because Anderson can't guard him. The mere fact that Ariza out there was trying to guard the opponent PF when he is an SF shows how bad Anderson was on D. If Anderson was good on D why will MDA tell Ariza to guard LMA? But nope, "Anderson didn't guard LMA 100% of the time so its not valid hurr hurr" What is your hang up with Anderson?

Playoffs are a seven game series, what about his performance after that or his game 3 where he scored 0 pts in both times? Why are you just focusing on the one thing he did right in a moment in time and ignoring his overall performance? Just because he did one thing right he shouldn't be blamed what about the 99 things he did wrong?

I don't need "someone to blame". Just look at Anderson's playoff average you know who is the culprit for the loss.

This is just you being deliberately stupid and taking leaps of logic so you can defend Anderson. Just pathetic, really.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

seriously? pf's guard pf's only ok. i know you've got to watch more basketball than that. I can just leave that there. There's really not much to say if you actually think thats how the game works night in and night out

look at you once again with these scapegoat reasons. So now you move on to game 3. I could easily say Ryno was houston's best player in game 2. but what's the point. Yes i know you're Ryno's #1 hated. Ill glady acknowledge when valid points are made but Ryno being the reason hou lost against the spurs is just comical and far from the truth. you're just bouncing from your own personal claim to claim at this point. So is it the spurs playoff average or now just playoff average. Or does it just depend if it applies to your claims or not. It is what it is. Its only his fault

12. valorita

valorita Member

Ryno needs to get fined everytime he pump fakes.
    I recall a distinct sequence where defensive stalwart DJ Augustine and all of his 5'10" frame was trying to close out to Ryno and Anderson inexplicably passed up the open three.
    Or how about the weird Texas two step he did and refs bailed him out with a foul?

Ryno is expendable.

amaru likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yea . .. that call was bizarre
    1. surprised ANY rocket got that call
    2. I don't know what the heck Ryno was trying to do

Rocket River

amaru likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why do I feel that Morey is standing in the lobby at the GM meetings trying to trade Ryan....

"Anyone, Anyone? Buehler, anyone?"

DD

malakas, roslolian and Bobsputin like this.
  15. onreego

onreego Member

[​IMG]

16. basketballholic

Raps definitely want off Jonas. And probably off Norman Powell too. If the Clippers world take that plus a second for DJ, I'd do that deal.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

you with us or against us?

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yikes, and there you have it. Gonna have to attach 1sts if that is the case. But only if it is a means to an end with LBJ coming back here.

D-rock likes this.
  19. basketballholic

I'm with the Rockets. Anderson to raps. DJ to Houston. Powell and JV to Clips. Throw in cash/picks to make it work.

(Doubt Clips would do this though. And if they would the Raps would likely do the deal for DJ directly without us and dear Anderson.

Lakers deal more likely. Anderson, Clarkson, Deng all share the same agent. Deal may be possible if Deng partially non-guarantees his deal. And he is motivated to get out of LA.

roslolian and bilaal14 like this.
  20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

He's not a negative. His contract is.