1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Blake worth only 1 first and a second plus 2 starters, not superstars mind you but starters.

Time to target Aaron Gordon, Mo Speights and Biyombo.

Ryno, Ariza, Black, rights to Llull/Gentile and 2 first rounders and a 2nd.

Make it happen Morey, improve our scoring, defense, depth and an albatross in one fell swoop.

Orlando gets to rebuild around Isaac, the true PF of the future.

Switch Ariza with PJ if that also works for Orlando.

I'm done dreaming about Lebron.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don’t give up on LeBron big D. It’s in the stars. Cleveland will have to make some changes to beat the Warriors.
    Moving Tristan to the starting lineup won’t cut it. They have to make trades with little to no assets.

Many $15 million dollar a year players in the league playing. Ryan is probably their equal. Much like Biyombo
    @$17 mil. So Ryan is basically getting overpaid $4 mil this year. $5 mil next year. Every team would like
    his expiring contract of $21 mil in 19/20 season. Yes teams would like for Houston to pay up until
    the trade deadline in 2020 (of 19/20 season)....but some rebuilding team will take a couple 1st round picks
    and 2nd rounders plus young guys/ players like Hartenstein (& foreign rights). NBA is full of guys making
    around $15 million that are average or below.

I just have to take Zhou Qi off the table. Billion people in China that would love to help pay the luxury
    tax in order to see CP3/Harden/D-Wade/Ariza/LeBron/Melo/Nene/Capela/Luc MaM/Gerald Green together
    with Qi. If the Rockets can market and merchandise well......they could rake in on profits generated.
    More than Yao/McGrady could ever imagine.

With Harden/Gerald Green/D-Wade I find Eric Gordon expendable this summer. Eric Is better at shooting 3’s
    but Wade has a high basketball I.Q.. He can still penetrate and drive. Still lobs well to LeBron. Will lob well
    to Capela. Rockets would have drive/facilitators in Harden/CP3/Wade/LeBron next season. Melo if they
    can fit him in financially would give you an attack presence from the post.....or he can stay in OKC.

At the moment I give up on Ryan/Tucker and Eric Gordon if it’s ok with LeBron. If LeBron/Harden/CP3
    like the spacing Eric Gordon provides.....then Gerald Green is probably excluded from the roster.
    We shall see what happens by Feb 8th. Any way Morey goes should be promising for the Rockets.
    Hang tough buddy.

Beardaholic13 and D-rock like this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Quick question: We can't trade back for Lou correct? For some reason ESPN Trade Machine states that we can; they're usually on top of the restrictions

One more question: We only have one crappy 2nd round pick to offer right?

Cuz did you guys know that all you need is Black + Onuaku + Zhou Qi to match salaries for Lou and not much more for Bradley cuz im positive we can't re acquire Lou. It's crazy how we literally have not a single sweetner, except I guess the 2020 first.

After I figured out the trade I checked for our 2nd rounders. For some reason I thought we had some sweet 2nd round picks but I think I was mistaken after checking RealGm. And why is Isaiah Hartenstein not in the trade machine?

#583 Zoplicone, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@D-rock Here are some contracts this season and their stats
    Ryan Anderson: 10 pts, 5.5 rbs, $19 M as a basis

Crabbe: 11.7 pts, 4.4 rbs, $19.3 M ...prob over paid 5 M
    Batum: 11.4 pts, 4.2 rbs, $22.4 M ...prob over paid 6 M
    Parsons: 8 pts, 2.8 rbs, $23 M ...prob over paid
    K Caldwell-Pope: 13.4 pts, 4.8 rbs, $18 M ...prob over paid
    J Noah: 1.7 pts, 2.0 rbs, $18 M ...prob over paid
    G Monroe: 10.4 pts, 7.4 rbs, $18 M ...prob over paid 4 M
    Evan Turner: 8.8 pts, 3.4 rbs, $17 M ...prob over paid
    Tristan T: 5.6 pts, 5.8 rbs, $16.4 M ...over paid about $8 mil
    Wes Matthews: 12.8 pts, 3.3 rbs, $17.9 M....probably overpaid. I shld have looked up asts
    Gallinari: 12.8 pts, 4.4 rbs, $21 M ....prob overpaid $5 mil
    Brook Lopez: 11.8 pts, 3.9 rbs, $23 M .....probably overpaid $9 M
    Kent Basemore: 12.8 pts, 4 rbs, $17 M....probably overpaid $2 M
    Mozgov: 4.4 pts, 3.4 rbs, $15.3 M ...probably overpaid $10 M
    Miles Plumlee: 4.6 pts, 4 rbs, $12.5 M .....probably overpaid $2 M
    Mason Plumlee: 7.4 pts, 6 rbs, $14 M ....probably in the ball park where Ryan & Mason should be paid.
    Faried: 5.9 pts, 4.8 rbs, $13 M .....probably overpaid $2 M
    Wilson Chandler: 9 pts, 5.2 rbs, $12 M....probably underpaid a mil. E Gordon gets paid $13 mil and is prob under paid.
    Robin Lopez: 12.7 pts, 4.8 rbs, $14 M ...probably right on the money with pay
    Cody Zeller: 7.2 pts, 5.5 rbs, $13 M ...probably about right on pay
    J.R. Smith: 7.9 pts, 2.9 rbs, $14 M ...another one I shld have checked asts, probably overpaid $2 M
    Shumpert: 4.4 pts, 2.8 rbs, 10.3 M ...shld have checked asts, probably overpaid 1 M or $2 M
    Gorgui Dieng: 6 pts, 4.6 rbs, $14 M ...probably overpaid
    Taj Gibson: 12.2 pts, 7.5 rbs, $14 M ...probably paid right. Career: 9.8 pts, 3.6 rbs
    Asik: 1.3 pts, 2.5 rbs, $10.6 M ...NBA has past him by
    George Hill: 10.5 pts, 2.8 rbs, 2.8 asts, $20 M ...I did check asts on this one. Prob overpaid.
    Pau Gasol: 10.8 pts, 8.3 rbs, $16 M ..probably overpaid M. Rebounds! Rockets don’t ask Ryan to rebound so far away
    Valanciunas: 11.6 pts, 8.4 rbs, $16 M ....probably paid about right
    Ibaka: 13 pts, 6.1 rbs, $20 .1 M .....probably overpaid $4 M.
    Mahinmi: 3.9 pts, 3.7 rbs, $17 M ....overpaid by about 13 M.
    Gortat: 8.8 pts, 8.0 rbs, $13 M .....probably under paid a mil.
    Thad Young: 12.8 pts, 9 rbs, $15 M ....probably about right. Maybe deserves a mil more.

So that’s some young guys and older guys mixed in. Some forwards mixed with guards. Probably should have
    stayed with one position. Basically I think Ryan should be paid around $14 mil. I personally don’t think a team
    like Atlanta would mind basically eating $6 mil more than his value (Ryan’s salary next year) while
    getting a couple 1st & 2nds w/ young guys likes Hartenstein/Troy Young etc. Atl payroll drops to
    about $70 mil. with not much chance of bringing in real free agents. They might as well collect
    as many picks as they can and build thru the draft.

Yes Ryans contract is bad.....not as bad as some make it out to be. He would get more points and rebounds
    on a team that has him as a 3rd option.....and keeps him closer to the rim.

#584 ApacheWarrior, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

dam id want gallo in the ryhno role if he could stay healthy

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks AW but not sure we should wait until Off season to make an upgrade. And no way we get LeBron without at least 2 firsts.

I think we can win it all without LeBron. Even if we don't move Ryno.

CP3/EGo
    Harden/Green
    Luc/PJ
    AGordon/Ryno
    Speights/Nene/Nerlens

May require losing Ariza and Capela in addition to a first tho. And another small trade for Nerlens Noel.

Starting 5 can all shoot 3, and our current big 3 of Paul-Beard-Capela will be replaced with Paul-Beard-AGordon. AGordon can do everything Capela can as roller in PnR, plus handle ball, shoot 3 and better defend 4 positions. Our switch and perimeter D would be on lockdown.

Speights is better small ball 5 than Ryno. Allows Ryno to play fewer but better quality minutes with 2nd unit. Speights or Noel can start at 5 depending on matchups and/or if Nene is out for injury/back to back.

AGordon is a better 3rd fiddle than first option. Orlando's PF of future is Jonathan Isaac, the next Durant. Capela would be great complementary young piece next to Isaac. Keep Vuc and he can provide offense off the bench. And Ariza (or PJ) could be the 3-D wing as well as mentor to the young Magic players.

Keeping Ryno also offers Rockets outside chance to still acquire LeBron in Off season if Rockets don't win it all. AGordon and EGo still available as sweeteners or to acquire first rounders.

#586 D-rock, Jan 30, 2018
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Good thing you are the only one.

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Tobias Harris and Lou for Gordon and Anderson and a second round pick

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ok

Just that Morey has been working years to set this up only to go to plan B, C or D now.

Morey has tried to bring in Melo and then Bosh to get a big 3 for years. Now with CP3/Harden
    and Capela on the verge of being a fourth star. I doubt he goes lesser right now.

Morey is in the best position of getting the best friend(s) of CP3 & Melo in the form of LeBron/D-Wade.
    Hope you are not too disappointed of the outcome. If Ryan is not traded by Feb 8th.....he will be traded
    by summer. I’m fine either way. The media will try to block anything good as expected. Media conspiracy

D-rock likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon would be a very nice addition to this team, but I can’t stop dreaming about Lebron

CP3
    Harden
    Ariza
    Gordon
    Capela

that’s nice tho, I’m not gonna lie

Is it nice enough to actually beat GS? That’s hard to say. I might give us a 40% chance if we’re playing at our best.

Gordon could sort of be like our Shawn Marion at the 4 offensively

#590 Reeko, Jan 30, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  11. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

This is probably been mentioned before, but I think a deal primarily centered on George Hill and Ryan Anderson would make a lot of sense for both teams:

Why Sacramento would do it?:
    1. Opens up backcourt minutes for SAC's perceived backcourt of the future: Fox (26.8mpg) and Hield (24.1mpg)
    2. The current speculation around the trade with CLE would require SAC to take back 2-3 contracts and they do not have any open roster spots or obvious players to cut. The Anderson and Hill contracts are within $500k for this year.
    3. A floor spacer for Fox and Hield would theoretically open up driving lanes that are now clogged by Zach Randolph (25.3mpg)
    4. Anderson was born in SAC.
    5. Cap space might not be as valuable for SAC since they aren't necessarily a free agent destination and when they are they have to overpay for talent like they did with George Hill, Zach Randolph, and Vince Carter this past summer.
    Why Houston would do it?:
    1. Hill is effectively a $19M expiring contract next season (2018-2019) since he only has a guarantee of $1M in (2019-2020)
    2. Hill would provide an upgraded rotation player in the 3&D mold that is more suitable to compete against Golden State, while still having an expiring contract large enough that would be needed to match salaries in any offseason trade (e.g., LeBron).
    3. Backup point guard insurance for Paul and Harden.
    4. Hill has always been known as a plus defender with long arms, he had a great season in Utah last year and the Jazz looked very good when Hill wasn't injured with the toe, and he is a career 38.4% 3pt shooter overall and 40.8% 3pt shooter from the corners. National writers like Zach Lowe were very high on him last year so he doesn't have the perceived negative trade value that Anderson does if we need to flip Hill in the summer.
    Proposed trade:

HOU: Ryan Anderson, Draft Rights to Hartenstein, 2018 SRP via MIA (most likely), 2020 SRP via HOU, and Cash (up to $6M to reduce the impact of the incremental $20M that Anderson is guaranteed for in 2019-2020.)

SAC: George Hill

#591 tjpatel2, Jan 30, 2018
    joshuaao and MourningWood like this.
  12. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lol Magic ain't going to trade Aaron Gordon lol, they're building around him. Why would they trade a 22 year old who's having a break out season for crap (proposals I see here)?

13. Jimmy Chitwood

[​IMG]

who says no

s3ts and bilaal14 like this.
  14. tjpatel2

tjpatel2 Member

Trade machine is probably broken if that makes the Rockets two games worse and the Spurs one game better.

15. jogo

jogo Member

Tyler Zeller is benched by Nets. Let's get him as our backup C! Why not?
    Nets are starting Allen, have Okafor. They can give up Zell. They're thin at PF. Give them Black plus a second.

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ryan is just that good

BMoney and D-rock like this.
  17. Roxs-Redemption

Are Rocket's still interested in seeing if they can trade for Kyle O'Quinn?

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

With the injury to Love, what if LeBron forces a trade now????

jch1911 likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Tough for Cavs. Love was a asset they could have used to make a trade. Funny because Kevin Love
    is a better more expensive version of Ryan Anderson. Everyone claims Ryan is an albatross around
    the neck of the Rockets; but because of LeBron.....Love has more value.

If people remember when Love first arrived at Cleveland they used Love as predominantly a spot up 3 point
    shooter. Then they eventually put Love on the box in post ups. Ryan has been predominantly a spot up
    shooting 4th or 5th option. Tonight because the Rockets were without CP3/Ariza/Gordon I saw Ryan used
    more near the rim. He actually looked active and happy. IMO.

LeBron could force a trade. LeBron made a comment that is sweeping the internet about the Blake
    Griffin trade about double standard when it comes to teams and players loyalty. Said something
    about a team trading a guy for the sake of the franchise; but when players do it.....they are snakes.

Setting the tone of a move by summer?

DM'sVP, D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because Aaron Gordon is not a franchise player. Jonathan Isaac will be an all star before Gordon if both stay in Orlando. Isaac is the player that Magic will build around. And they both play same position, PF. Or Orlando can keep being Orlando and play their best player out of position.