1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 1/26/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets are on another level now. As great as Pelicans played they still barely won.

bilaal14, smp and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Is the Achilles not part of the ankle?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Back of your leg sir

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Harden stunk on his 3's tonight, but that's nothing I'm worried about in the long run because he just had an off game. In his defense, at least he found some other ways to put points on the board.

What I don't get is why Green was sitting on the bench the whole game with others stinking it up on offense. We had a whopping 5 points between Luc, Ryan, and P.J. Is Green that bad on defense? I mean P.J. played 30 minutes and didn't even score a point. His defense was awesome though, and 4 steals is no joke. But, I'm worried about his lack of offense. Ryan only played 13 min, but still, could have at least scored a layup or something. His up and down streaky play is so frustrating to me.

I almost cringe now when Gordon, Harden, or Paul come out of the game and the bench players start coming in. I guess coach is still experimenting with rotations, but last night was a huge disappointment to me with. A huge disappointment.

#1204 deb4rockets, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    vlaurelio and saleem like this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Good to see Rockets turn it on when they wanted to.

They obviously have an issue with level of effort. You can tell they are ready to get the playoffs started.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Talking about COPela like that might get you ticketed ;)

Srly... you don't think saying, "he's is ALL talk", is an exaggeration?

Pelicans are beastly inside, and we have zero PFs and only half a backup center.

7. saleem

saleem Member

I know he didn't get much help, but I expected more than a meagre performance from him.

8. hakeemthagreat

What were Black & Green doing standing over Cousins

9. Rockets4Life13

That reminds me of a certain guy of my country‘s history o_O

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's like they were signalling officials and the medical crew to come over but that was clear.

amaru likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Anderson -20
    Mbah a Moute +17

As much as we pine for Green, more Luc is what is needed. The defense sparked the energy in the team last night.

It is obvious Anderson has checked out. I guess you keep starting him until he is traded, but you lessen his minutes.

MorningZippo likes this.
  12. simon_!

simon_! Member

anderson is scared of his shot being blocked. davis blocked his hook shot in the start, and that was it.

all in all a good game, we showed 20 pts deficit is nothing. i just didnt like inbound pass with 4 second left, they were standing too far, and bah moute when cousins took the ball; we have harden and paul- and he s bringing the ball?

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Even lmm cant get majority of rynos and tuckers mins. Some needs to get lmms minutes as well.

Playing green sf will allow lmm to play more pf.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Not to mention his bone-headed freeze at halfcourt and let Boogie take his lunch money
    AND the game

16. amaru

amaru Member

Calling the Pelicans bench for help

Remlap likes this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

As an owner, it would make NO sense to dole out GOBS of money to players
    if you are bleeding red ink and losing money. Something seems off about this article and equation.
    Not sure I believe the premise of the article that the Cavs lost money in the first place.
    But THIS is where Unions can be detrimental to any organization. They extort and demand
    all of their perks and top pay while the company struggles. Right US Postal Service? (Lost $2Bil in 2nd Q of 2014)

Here is an article that cites the financial loss
    http://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/...ost-money-during-2016-17-nba-season/476996106

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Very telling is how we played when Luc was out. I hope he can stay healthy. We need him, badly. Anderson can't keep his head on straight. He gives just enough of a glimpse of what he's capable of to irritate the hell out of everyone. He has no consistency at all. Gordon has poor shooting games, but he pulls his weight in other ways when that happens. Anderson seems lost in comparison, in my opinion.

We should have pulled this out, but the Pelicans deserve a lot of credit for handing us a frustrating loss. The Suns should be crushed by a Rockets team that knows it blew the last game, in my opinion. We'll see.

Deuce and Remlap like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

It’s not arguable. Harden is being targeted.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. LCII

LCII Member

19-1 with the Cp3/Harden/Capela trio.

hakeem94 likes this.