1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Any iPhone experts?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets4Life13, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Rockets4Life13

So my iPhone 6 had died today (0%) and i just plugged the charger in. At first it was the typical black screen with the red charging sign. Nothing happened for about 2 hours and then it was just black- no sign. Hardreset (Home&Power) didn't work either. iTunes doesn't detect it either. Tried all the tutorials nothing worked.

Any idea? Just get a new phone?

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Have you tried this?

1. Plug in the iPhone's USB cable to the Lightning/Dock Connector port, but not into your computer.
    2. Hold down the iPhone's Home button (on an iPhone 7, hold volume down).
    3. While holding the Home button, plug the other end of the USB cable into your computer.
    4. This will open iTunes, put the iPhone into recovery mode, and let you completely restore the iPhone.

3. Rockets4Life13

Yea i've tried that. Nothing happened.

I figured that my phone had some problems with cold temperature before and i just let fresh air into my room before.

So i "hairdried" (lol) my phone and it showed signs of life. For about 10 seconds the "put cable into Phone" screen appeared. but then it was black again.

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

battery is probably dead. i don't mean out of charge dead...like dead. haha
    take it to the apple store and have them test it. it's 30 bucks to replace it.

5. Rockets4Life13

Yea that's what I thought... oh well then. was hoping I could save that money

6. bobrek

Whine about how Apple was deliberately slowing down phones and you didn’t get a chance to download the fix and maybe they’ll give you a new one.

7. Rockets4Life13

Did they? since updating lately it was extremely slow. I didn't know they did that tho.

My iPhone is pretty damn old and I don't even know where the guy I got it from bought it.

8. bobrek

9. Rockets4Life13

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Take it to the store...

I had a similar charging problem once and they were able to fix it in like 5 minutes just by cleaning out professionally the charging port area.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You got a board issue.

Not sure how to explain it. But your board is not allowing the charging thing to charge the optimum amount of power to get it charged up.

It happened to me. I got the battery replaced. It died and it wouldn’t charge back up. It kept happening over and over before I got it to another place he decided to look at the board.