1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. do work son

do work son Member

the idea that he's quit on the team, based solely on the rumor of a guy who sometimes gets stuff right is laughable. he's playing poorly, and his minutes are declining because of it. he has little to no rhythm right now and you can see him questioning every look he has. he knows he has a short leash, and it's affecting him. MDA should just bump his minutes up to get his confidence back up. the regular season doesn't really matter anyways, so i'm not concerned if his poor play leads to 1 or 2 extra losses here or there.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I would agree if not for the fact that those couple of extra losses could make the difference in having homecourt against the Celtics when we inevitably make the Finals. :eek:

3. amaru

amaru Member

It's more than that. The OP's words simply support what a lot of people are seeing on the court.

adw likes this.
  4. adagio75

adagio75 Member

The dude sucks and is one dimensional! He doesn't need more minutes, he needs to go! Get rid of this bum please !

bilaal14 and amaru like this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a ten star post, would print out and read again and again. you should post more. I'm serious.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i wasnt clear on the 37% but you get whtat im saying there i hope.

32% for someone paid 20m per to shoot threes is terrible, especially for 2 months which ryan is closing in on.

are you sure we paid ryan 20m per to rebound and defend? why do i have to argue this? im not gonna its too stupid. he got that contract cuz he's one of hte best stretch 4s in the league, not cuz he can defend and rebound against average bigs.

regular seaso < playoffs. two different things. ryan has yet to prove he's worth his money in the po's.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

for what a 55-60 2025 2nd rounder? who wants to pay someone tha tmuch to do so little? not even the knicks thats who

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

morey - so uhh the ryan anderson project didnt go as well as i thought it would

me -
    [​IMG]

bilaal14 likes this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

I think 13 mins was good enough for the shitshow against Pels.

We need the #1 seed if we want to get to at least WC. We can beat everyone, but we need the home court advantage to increase our chances at a title run.

Ryno is basically ruining any chance for us to do that.

bilaal14 likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ryno doesn't make his precense felt strongly enough to be respected on this team in reference to his contract. Stating the obvious! All he literally needs to do his make around 3 three pointers a night and everyone would stfu.

11. do work son

do work son Member

it's really not. OP has suggested a player has quit based on the following pieces of information: a rumor that "A source told me that he isnt even trying to bond with his teammates as much as before, he knows its pointless to get attached to this team." that's it. there's nothing more.

what we see on court isn't a guy "not trying to bond with his team". what we see is a guy who questions his shots and isn't nearly as decisive as he once was (when he was effective too). he's getting inconsistent minutes because he's being indecisive. it's basically a wheel at this point. he won't shoot because he'll get pulled quick if he misses, but he'll get pulled if he won't shoot. the answer: keep his ass out there and make him shoot. if we lose an extra game here or there, so be it.

the obsession with home court is overrated. if the warriors beat us, it won't be because they have homecourt, it'll be because they're better than us.

don't like using last year as too much of an indicator because injuries were a factor there, but let's not forget we were eliminated on our home court by san antonio, regardless who had home court advantage.

SWTsig and s3ts like this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Just a couple days before the 6'10 dumpster is somewhere else stinking it up.

13. Whenitsover

Whenitsover Member

I truly dont believe he is going anywhere until the summer at minimum. Just a gut feeling. But I doubt they find a suitor for what they are trying to do.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Love might be a suitable swap. Both would be a change-of-scenery move.

15. ballscientist1

Nobody is going to take Ryan's contract with 2 first picks until July 20 after all good free agents are settled down.

Everyone wants to get something good from the free agent markets.

amaru likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

It is. We are seeing an overpaid, one dimensional player who is mentally weak.
    Ryno is damaged goods and hurts the team in every aspect now.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

That's not true about he'll get benched if he misses. Dantoni doesn't care if he's agressive and still shooting but missing. He's never pulled any of our shooters because they're having a bad shooting night. You are dead wrong on that point.

18. ballscientist1

The reason Rockets are so good this season is that Paul's pay cut 10 million and LMM's pay cut 8 million.

Rockets will be in deep trouble without 20 million pay cut from Ariza, LMM and Capela because of Ryan's contract.

I would discuss with Capela first. Trade him now if he wants money.

amaru likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I.D.I.O.T

20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Rockets will likely not move Anderson, so if/when he's not traded I expect him to play better following the feb 8 deadline.