1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. spankz141

spankz141 Member

DMC for Ryan Anderson and a 2nd rounder.

2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

This is true. Today’s NBA PF’s draw the defender to the perimeter more often. Makes it harder for Ryan
    to get rebounds. On offense the Rockets scheme puts Ryan a mile away....which makes it tough for Ryan to
    get rebounds.

Beverley/Harden would get rebounds as guys would take 3’s which often missed and resulted in long rebounds
    around the free throw line. Ryan is just a little too slow to get from 26 ft away from the rim to the free throw line
    in time. Plus someone needs to get back to protect the rim when Harden/CP3 penetrate or attack. Might as well
    be Ryan.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since then he's been awful

4. Light Vessel

Light Vessel Member

Blind dum followers of great white hope, smh a brain dead fool should overstand Ryan is a overpaid dumpster.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

that 37% is from before his long slump. since then he's been 31-32% from three and under 40% from the field

we're not paying him to defend and rebound, we're paying him to shoot the **** out of the ball.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

I knew Anderson was a mental midget, but him quitting on the team in the middle of the season is pathetic.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This is my perception as well. We have him the best contract he could ever get and his is how he repays us

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i said 37 % on the year...before he was over 40% even if he is 32% in more recent games

32% is still good ....its like shooting 50% on 2s...not to mention high volume of his shots

are you sure this is written in his contract?

sometimes you shoot sometimes you pass the ball or do other things you are able to do...rebounds and defense can win you games as well as shooting...

he destroyed warriors on the boards and spaced the floor for cp3 and the beard eventhough he didnt score much...its irrelevant if he scores or not if he creates the space

seeingredtx likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i call bs... if anything you have quit on rockets because you root against anderson

10. fattz

fattz Member

If it was just this that’s bad but look at this season—> we have a real shot at winning a championship. If not traded by the deadline he should be out of the rotation for sure. Maybe outted to the media and suspended without pay and perhaps dropped on this contract all together because he breached it; BUT only if there is actually proof that he is really in a purposeful self-indulgent slump to hurt his value as a player. DMo changed the way the players do business now it the organizations’ turn. Till there is proof we root for him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

It's amusing to watch the cf hive mind latch onto the 'Anderson quit on the team' idea. The guy sucks this year, but there is no evidence that he quit on the team! He plays hard, just not well. I have seen him rah-rah and laugh with teammates on the bench. I wonder sometimes if people get all their opinions about the Rockets from the board and don't even watch games.

DreamShook, fattz, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryan Anderson hasn’t quit on the team, he just has zero confidence and is playing scared

he plays like he’s depressed...he needs to get his mind right

DreamShook, fattz, smp and 8 others like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It isn't so much quitting on the team as it is that he's mentally checked out. Avoids taking the same shots. And maybe the low minutes per game is the team saying, We have to give him minutes, but if he hurts our chance at winning or at trading him, then those minutes have to stay low.

In which case, the 100% effort might not be there. And I wouldn't entirely blame him.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I kinda hate going here but I think anderson’s Personal life will always be a factor. You can’t go through something like that and just be ok. That won’t explain home road splits but I think it does have a lingering effect on mood, temperament and he just seems to dwell on failure.

He’s capable of putting up 6/8 from 3 on the regular but if he misses his first shot he’s SO hesitant to let it fly. 3/8 is a good 3pt night but he’s just so concerned about not throwing it in every time.

He can throw down dunks but his first response wasn’t don’t get used to it. Nah man. We want more of that.

AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  15. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

That’s reasonable, but I just don’t him as checked out. Still seems like loss of confidence or he has simply run out of talent (hi, Corey). If he pulls some petulant or lacksidasical stuff in the next few games I’ll change my mind.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I just can't wait to see the news that he's been traded and has to sit out the current game bevause of it.

s3ts and Rox11 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol if he could shot 6/8 regularly he would be in mvp contention

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

This. Dude just doesn’t have confidence now - even though he had the dunk of the millennium.

#718 Joshfast, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    fattz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I overstand nothing compared to your great mental mind. I may b dum, but I can see.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I expect 2 dunks like that against that same team today.

Ah, I remember those days when Ryan spoiled us like that, as if it was 2 weeks ago.

seeingredtx likes this.