1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Clutch drop that Jared Dudley + Tyson for Ryan Anderson plus a pick..

It makes too much sense considering you have 2 vets who are helping young players out but the rockets need those vets , and i think jared wanted to play with harden, Tyson would bring that much need vet to team up with nene off the bench . Ryan would flourish as a goto scorer in Arizona, i think it would be better for him, They probably just buy him out if he didnt fit.

Pj tucker , Jared , Tyson, and Moute all on the same team, thats gonna be like a #1 defensive team for the 2nd half with paul.

dlite316, D-rock and megastahr like this.
  2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

While that trade does make some sense, I just don't see it as a viable move for RIGHT NOW.

Given the current roster construction, I actually prefer Anderson to Dudley & Chandler for THIS season. Anderson's obscene range (beyond a normal 3-point shooter's) helps facilitate the offense. While I like both of the PHX players, their roles would be minimized on this roster.

Now, if the Rockets could rope in Phoenix as a third (or fourth) team in a LeBron "opt-in-and-trade" this summer, THAT would be more to my liking.

3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Why would Cleveland want Ryno and his 20 million when they are rebuilding if Lebron leaves? Makes no sense. Better off letting him leave.

amaru likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The curse of Otis Thorpe

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

As long as we don't give up a 1st rounder like the Texans did, I'm all for this. :)

6. Moleb

Moleb Member

careful.... i got destroyed for suggesting something like this.

D-rock and Ming The King like this.
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Of course, dumping flyin Ryan will require at least one first.

amaru likes this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

In a vacuum, what you say makes sense. But Ryan Anderson has clearly checked out on the Rockets mentally. Shots he would take (and often make) just a few weeks ago he now openly passes up. Maybe if the deadline passes and he's still here he'll be like, "Hooray, I can breathe easy until this summer, when they try to trade me again!" But I doubt it.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We will see. You are losing some serious spacing. I would be very, very tempted to back all the way off of him and let him shoot all night If I was another team. Something you can't do with Ryan Anderson.
    Will he though?

10. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

This makes lots of sense but I’m under the impression Cyber is a known insider with LA connections.

I highly value you both as insiders/analysts respectively and don’t know what to believe. Assuming Cyber is correct and Morey is trying to move Ryno could you provide any insight into why it would be a better move than keeping him for salary matching purposes?

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I would assume we’d move Ryno for another amount of salary that can be used in a LeBron trade

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you mean hoist 4.5 3s a night and make only 1.3 of then or 29%

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Welcome to Houston, LeBron! Warmly welcome!

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

yeah i interpreted cyber's intel as trying to trade Ryno now would be easier than in the offseason when everyone would know we'd have to move him in a LBJ trade. In that situation DM would have to pay up more. But if he were to do it now when the leverage isn't as high, he might be able to switch the contracts to something that's easier to move in an offseason trade for LBJ or to dump for other reasons. I think he'd be looking for someone to fill the role Ryno does, maybe less effective, but on an expiring and/or smaller contract.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

Also, what if you trade Anderson in a salary dump, create a hole for his 30mpg that have to be picked up by Ariza and Tucker causing them to be even more work down by the playoffs.

Trading Anderson isn't a mistake. If we can get something to replace him or something to upgrade I would be all for it.

I know people quote the stats. I know people say he isn't a contributor because of his ppg or his percentages. I know that everyone (myself included) thinks that he is overpaid and wish we had more production for what we are paying him.

But the Rockets are clearly the second best team in the league. They had the first best record before injuries and have won the season series against GSW. Trading a starter off of a team for an attempted upgrade is not a mistake. But trading a starter off of a team like that, that already has concerns about minutes and short rotations, for nothing but cap space to chase the slim chance of LeBron coming here next year is a mistake.

We are legit contenders this year. This team deserves a chance to contend and compete for a title. I still think there is a very slim chance of LeBron coming here, but if he does we trade whatever we need to in order to make that happen

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...from-way-past-the-line/?addata=espn:nba:index

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People are underestimating Rynos value on this team. I remember when Tucker started at the 4 and we were down 30 points by half.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I'm not trying to discredit cyberx. I'm no insider, so I'm not privy to the information that he is.

Fullcourt beat me to the punch on answering your question. See below.

Bingo! At least, that would be a viable strategy if they do, in fact, move Anderson at the deadline.

I still doubt that happens, but it doesn't mean the Rockets wouldn't at least try to see what they could do right now.

Streets 01 and DonKnock like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Losing Ryno for nothing is losing a huge bullet on every other team's battle board: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LEAVE RYAN ANDERSON OPEN!"

I love PJ and Luc, but I would be concerned about the spacing, for sure.

D-rock and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. BigO

BigO Member

It is not given that LeBron will join Rockets, but it is given there's a chance. IF you have a chance to get best player of this generation by trading Ryan "freaking Anderson, you absolutely do it. It is hard enough to trade him now, if LeBron wants to join and you need to trade him during summer, the sharks will be out there and the price to trade him will only going to rise, not other way around. Yes, it might hurt us short term, but then again, we might get enough help when players are going to bought out. You just have to do this for player like LeBron.

20. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

hard to imagein that cleveland would trade lebron, this is just impossible, why the hell they want to waste this opportunity when they have a team with good depth and lots of vets this year to compete for a championship, it won't happen, peace off guys, maybe next season, but definitely not during this season