1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I suppose he's as soft emotionally as he is on the court.
    Ryan, can you blame the Rockets for the trade whispers??? Your play is inconsistent, you dont show 100% effort on defense, and you are so hesitant to shoot the 3-ball on offense. The 3-ball is 100% why they threw $20 mill at you, and you dont want to make it worth their while. Gordon and Ariza throw it up, hell Tucker has no qualms about it.... why do you??

You got more money than even you probably thought you're worth, what's the big deal? Should be living care-free having those big paychecks and now married......

I thought Ryno woulda learned from the postseason why we just couldnt play him for stretches.... because he wouldnt put up shots. Here he is doing it again this season, and now he's even more gun-shy.

#401 SLRokJok, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    BigggReddd, csc177 and bilaal14 like this.
  2. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

On another note, someone take a stab at Cods sig..

Slowly, lacing em' up for a last run.
    Stay put? but are these height$ too great to climb?
    -Believe in the burning magic of the Rox, instead of focusing on who may be culpable.
    -1/1-2-8: The battle of the untouchables::: 'FreeCrack'. CourtOrKyle? RockyMountainHorrorShow . SacsBigs. 8Mile'sParts. PennyMaagic + rescue me, stings and WILDCARD!(1 week warning til the 30/30 Ear clean this up)
    #FreeBirds #FreeBird s #F ee Bi d$ It's a burning/stinging/frying feeling that doesn't require Keith Jones. 3 options, choose your debt (fingers crossed) C M T C W F
    *Fun Fact: Sam Presti swooped in for Taj/Dougie, and then for Me70...he must idolize DM, while unintentionally burning a nobody (me).
    Prayers to all impacted by cancer. I'm fighting with you. Stage 3 and counting. XO

BigggReddd likes this.
  3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Are y'all comfortable starting Tucker at the 4 if we trade Ryno?
    I'm not.

4. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

To me, it seems like Ryno found himself in same position as Kevin Love after arriving to Cleveland from Minnesota. Both solid creators of their own shot and solid (Ryno) or even great (Love) facilitators, turned into spot-up shooters. But sadly (or fortunately?), their respective teams don't need their extra skills and that seems to make them play more lackadaisical.
    To me, it seems like Ibaka and Ryan could switch teams, and both players and their respective teams would benefit off from it. HOU gets some extra post defense and rim protection, while Toronto gets some much needed spacing and 3-point shooting.

5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Does anyone have an idea if Vucevic's hand injury is serious?

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

we are banking on people being bought out which it should start after the trade deadline. I don't think we'll be without a new big for much longer.

BigggReddd and hieuytran like this.
  7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

[Stay put? but are these height$ too great to climb?]
    Rockets are going to try and make roster moves

[-Believe in the burning magic of the Rox, instead of focusing on who may be culpable.]
    Orlando possibly in play, also possibly an Anderson reference; also possibly an Elfrid Payton reference?

[-1/1-2-8: The battle of the untouchables::: 'FreeCrack'. CourtOrKyle? RockyMountainHorrorShow . SacsBigs. 8Mile'sParts. PennyMaagic + rescue me, stings and WILDCARD!(1 week warning til the 30/30 Ear clean this up)]
    Up until the trade deadline they're going to be talking about moving someone who we don't want traded
    Chicago
    Courtney Lee or Kyle O'Quinn
    Denver
    Sacramento
    Pistons
    Orlando
    Hornets
    1 unknown team in play

[#FreeBirds #FreeBird s #F ee Bi d$ It's a burning/stinging/frying feeling that doesn't require Keith Jones. 3 options, choose your debt (fingers crossed) C M T C W F]
    Ryan Anderson most likely gone (R's missing from Free Birds)
    Suns
    Hornets
    Channing Frye from Cavs(?)

Changes Made To Catch Warriors Finally?

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Slowly, lacing em' up for a last run. - Richard Jefferson, Zac Randolph?
    Stay put? but are these height$ too great to climb? - Tyson Chandler, Mo Speights?
    -Believe in the burning magic of the Rox, instead of focusing on who may be culpable. Mo again and/or Afflalo
    -1/1-2-8: The battle of the untouchables::: 'FreeCrack'. CourtOrKyle? RockyMountainHorrorShow . SacsBigs. 8Mile'sParts. PennyMaagic + rescue me, stings and WILDCARD!(1 week warning til the 30/30 Ear clean this up) Zac, Afflalo, Cauley Stein?
    #FreeBirds #FreeBird s #F ee Bi d$ It's a burning/stinging/frying feeling that doesn't require Keith Jones. 3 options, choose your debt (fingers crossed) C M T C W F if not TC or an older injury prone body - gonna have to take on a contract but healthy. Teletovic, Mozgov, Maker

#408 studogg, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

....Mo Money Speights....

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I said it's a theory. I'm not claiming to be an insider, I'm not saying my theory is good.

I'm saying it's my theory.

11. basketballholic

Make sense?

The only sense is this. If he wants to leave and he won't agree to re-sign with the Pels nor will he commit to re-sign with anybody but the Warriors then the Pels can make one of two trades. They can trade him to the team he wants to go to or they can trade him to cap space at the end of the season. Iggy should be a moveable asset. Bell has star potential at the 5. McCaw is a young rotation player plus two picks. Plus they can either keep Iggy or trade him forty possibly another pick.

They can take those assets or the asset of cap space. Now go look at their cap space and how much room they'll have for free agents next year. Cap is supposed to be 100-101 million. They're around 92 million guaranteed. So they can let him walk and after their draft pick have about 6-10 million of cap space. Or they can try to work a sign-and-trade to the team he wants to play for at that time. Do you think they'll get more assets in a S&T during the summer?

Oh, they can gamble that he ain't serious and they can outright re-sign him. Pick your poison.

But what they can't do is trade DeMarcus to a team he won't commit to re-signing with and get more value than trading him to the team he wants to re-sign with.

What you have to understand is the free agent dilemma that teams face with these guys. Demarcus? Your gonna give him 5 years big time money and he don't wanna be there? Look at his rep. He's gonna lay down like Pippen and force his way out. Or you're stuck as a franchise.

Cuz already got screwed (in his mind) by the Kings. He's going to get what he wants. His free agency is basically from now until the deadline. If he doesn't want to stay in New Orleans then he'll tell them and there'll be a trade done.

This is very real. It's going on as we speak. And players from both the Rockets and Warriors are involved, actively recruiting Cousins and hoping he decides he wants them.

Unfortunately, at present, this is the way the league works. Until the owners fix the CBA and make it a very difficult financial decision for a team's franchise player to leave in free agency this is the way the league will continue to work. It's an arms race. And there's only 3 or 4 teams max that can compete in the arms race.

Warriors are trying to acquire Cousins. And the Rockets, because it is an arms race, are trying to acquire Cousins also. It is essentially up to Cousins whether he gets traded or not. His free agency is now!

12. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

dito

13. basketballholic

Warriors will trade Iggy if they get the right deal. They'll trade him for Cousins if they can.

14. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

What is realistic in return, picks? An actual stretch 4 replacement? I think spreading the floor is the real value he brings. If left uncovered, he's deadly. Though he's had a rough patch and is also paid way too much, I'd really hope for someone that can do something similar - but with better defense. Who could that be???

1Deep likes this.
  15. csc177

csc177 Member

Well said. If this bum had been playing well this wouldn’t be a conversation. All the rockets as of him is to shoot! And he can’t even do that. We don’t ask him to play D we don’t ask him to do anything but shoot the ball - and he’s trigger shy.

Like Kobe would say: ship his a** out!

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I am, but we can't just have Tucker at the 4.

Tucker's in a funk, he will improve. At least he brings good defense and rebounding every game, even if he's off on offense. Anderson has been good, but I suspect we have too many shooters in the starting line up and we could stand to swap a some shooting for some defense. Ryno just isn't getting as many shots because both our superstars can shoot lights out, one of them is always on the floor, and Capela is their favorite option for pick n roll. He's handled it fairly well, must have worn on him. It's tough man, hearing your name thrown around when the team is doing so well, winning the regular season series against the Warriors.

It could also be that the team plans to play smaller but frankly I hope not. We need the OPTION of having a stronger/taller competent player at times. Imagine we end up playing the Pelicans in the first round? We'd be finished in round 1. Davis is more than capable of shutting down Ariza and destroying him on the other end.

We need to get a 4 back in the trade.

1Deep likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, we start Luc.

[​IMG]

mikol13, Mr Chuck Norris and 1Deep like this.
  18. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm just worried about the spacing that Ryno provides suddenly disappearing.
    Teams would be much more comfortable helping off of Tucker than they are leaving Ryno.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup im way pass the days of having fake stretch 4s. those were terrible and made life for our guards a nightmare. if theres a suitable replacement for him, it would make sense. other than that, ryno isn't going anywhere as far as this seasons playoff run

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This would put us over the top. I wish this happens without giving up any first rounders.