1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why do the Pelicans do this if they're in the playoffs? Those two picks aren't going to be projected to be meaningful and they're in the playoffs right now. Iggy is also 34. It's not like he's moving any needles. I'd guess they'd drop out of the playoff race if they made this move. The financial benefit of making the playoffs has to exceed the result of this trade.

Brow and Boogie are gelling too.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybmfw26v

What if we trade Ryno to Sixers?

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

If we trade Ryno, we are punting on trying to get the first seed. We will have to mesh together, which takes time.

And frankly, we aren't going to get back size and shooting comparable to him. I know he has been garbage lately, but he still helps space the floor. Teams aren't helping off him like her Roberson

4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

He's been a dud for too many games and for too long to keep being optimistic like this. I can't even

seeingredtx likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

They hustle. They're contracts make sense if we're trying to go all in on LeBron in the summer. They don't make sense if we're trying to win one this year. Neither shoots well and we need a 4/5 that shoots well from distance for this to work. This year.

6. rockets13champs

In the playoffs. If u play green that’s a 9 man rotation. You don’t need to play Ryno and Amir Johnson/Booker. But u can buyout Booker and play Johnson at 3rd string C

7. don grahamleone

That part I can buy if we're getting a FA after a signing like Lopez.

How do buyouts work though? Can we use that money for something or do we just eat the loss?

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Lmao
    A warriors scientist with balls :D

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

If you can dump him, do it. There will be a buyout player that will want to come here.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Starbury to supplant Paul = on the 2 yard line

11. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

Poo poo, Pels can get a way better deal than that.They have to add one of Dray or Klay to make it happen.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

At first I thought, like many, that Ryan Anderson was in an obvious slump, that the team would seldom give him the ball as a result, that his confidence was shot and he would pass on shots he normally takes (all true); but it clearly had become something more.

Maybe I would have given more credence to the "Rockets are shopping Ryno" idea if I thought there were takers out there for him. Hopefully there will be; we should be destroying teams but we are getting very little from Anderson for awhile, and...it...is...just...killing us.

amaru and s3ts like this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Warriors won’t do that to Iggy. He had a chance to play here but the Warriors convinced him to stay. Shipping him to a rebuild to rot for the next 3 years would be an insult and the Warriors just won’t do that.

YOLO likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the only possible/realistic destinations for Ryan are teams with no projected cap space and/or with low to no chance in free agency that have a roster pretty much set and are underperforming so, don't even consider teams like Philly, Brooklyn, Atlanta, Chicago...teams like Jazz, Pistons, Bucks, maybe Blazers and Wizards...those are the teams to consider imo, not sure about the Magic, i think they should just rebuild and trade 90% of their roster but i don't know what the hell they're going to do.

Not sure i remember well, but i think he said Lawson could've or would've (the difference here is what i can't remember exactly).

15. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

If Ryno is the key to get Lebron out the East; Then any eastern team in the playoffs will do it with the right compensation! Hell we had a deal over the summer for Ryno but the knicks didn't want to pull it!

amaru likes this.
  16. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

He did call the Ty Lawson trade (even the part where Ty made the last year of his deal non-guaranteed) and the fact that Hassan Whiteside would be a legit player.

Can’t think of anything else (s)he was right about tbh

17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

[​IMG]

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think ryno will expose vs warriors. He will show his defence and offence. It is better stay him here until next season. He has chemistry and able to pass the ball to teamamate for shooting. He can defence KD and grab rebounds

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Exactly, in fact the only reason he’s still starting and getting minutes is for his value

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I had previously proposed this:
    Have JJ Reddick vouch for Ryan Anderson.
    Gives Sixers need 3 point spacing (even with his horrible stretch, Anderson is still a solid shooter % wise on the season).

Some combination then of:
    * Deng/Randle/Clarkson/Nance to Houston [3 of the 4, two young guys, plus take on Deng... ]
    * Ryan Anderson to Philly
    * Ariza/Black/Amir Johnson/Trevor Booker to LAL

Lakers save $30 million of cap space, which is their stated goal.

76ers probably say no though, because why do they want to give up off-season cap space for Ryan Anderson? On the other hand, they are sitting in 7th, are past the hard part of their schedule, at 21 losses are actually tied with Miami for 4th seed (so could, feasibly, not only make the playoffs but have home court advantage), and really do need 3 point spacing.