1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden lands on 'Team Stephen' All-Star team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 25, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Winner

FLASH21 likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Apparently Curry picked him 4th overall after Giannis. Makes sense because it was obvious KD was picked 1st by Lebron.

Not that it matters tho because ASG are pretty boring when no one plays defense.

3. jb86

jb86 Member

Steph is trash at picking teams

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont think so. just basing off all the reports of the format, they've all said the picks will alternate.nba,espn etc...

the only thing is steph got first pick in the reserve pool after lebron picked first for the starters and it was playground style format

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm just trying to say that his statement wasn't unfounded. I probably read what he read and I have yet to read anything that said otherwise. I have a hard time thinking LeBron avoided picking Harden with the 3rd pick. It probably went like this:

1. Durant
    2. Giannis
    3. Harden

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

he read an article that was just an opinion on what would could happen and how the draft would go like anyone on this board could write

it wasn't official rules laid out of the format as ive posted

7. don grahamleone

Do you have the link to the official rules? I didn't realize the NBA released those. The TNT article I read read very official. This isn't some mistaken memory thing. I was absolutely certain of what they said.

I'm so ready to laugh at TNT and call them fake news!

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/18/2018-nba-all-star-draft-rules#/

* James, as the overall vote leader, will pick first in the First Round. Curry will pick first in the Second Round. Picks will alternate until all players in that round have been selected.

its also in the espn article i posted

9. don grahamleone

I'm not picking on you, but the NBA made this clear as mud. Usually you say how things would 'alternate'. This is still not definitive for me. Sorry, it's just not. Usually you'd provide an example. Imagine if NBA.com put out something that said the NBA Draft would 'alternate' after the first two selections are made. We'd all be like WTH does that mean?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh all good man. its an all star game and for fun haha. im just going by what ive read and just relaying the info. if you officially find something different, please post.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Bron's squad is solid for an All-Star style game but Steph's team can definitely win it if it's played as a regular season style game...

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

@don grahamleone

its also outlined here

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22178973/nba-faq-2018-nba-all-star-draft

Q: Who gets the first pick?

A: James had the most votes among fans, so he will get the first pick. He must choose among the eight other starters who were voted into the game. Other than James and Curry, the starters are: Kyrie Irving, DeMar DeRozan, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Joel Embiid, James Harden, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins. All the starters must be taken before the reserves are picked. So these eight guys will be the first picks.

Q: What about the reserves?

A: Curry gets to pick first among them and James follows, until each has picked seven. In other words, Curry will get pick No. 8 for the last starter and No. 9 for the first reserve, while James will get picks No. 7 and No. 10.

if it was a snake format, curry wouldn't be picking 8 for the last starter

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Bro...it went LeBron, Curry, LeBron, Curry, LeBron, Curry, and so on. Then it went Curry, LeBron, Curry, LeBron when they reached the reserves.

Somehow, everyone understands this but you. I'd also guess it started with KD, Giannis, Davis and then Harden.

14. don grahamleone

Just found this:

Q: What about the reserves?

A: Curry gets to pick first among them and James follows, until each has picked seven. In other words, Curry will get pick No. 8 for the last starter and No. 9 for the first reserve, while James will get picks No. 7 and No. 10.

If James gets 1
    Curry gets 2,3
    James 4,5
    Curry 6,7
    James 8

This is from ESPN and clearly shows that a snake draft is not being used.

I'll keep looking for what I read a while ago, but google is burying pre-all star-draft articles. It's making it tough to research what I read.

15. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

What you quoted says Curry will get pick #8 and then you wrote that James would get #8. Please just give it up.

16. don grahamleone

Dude, I'm referring to something I read before the draft ever happened. I'm not saying what I read was right, I'm saying my memory is correct and it is. I was just trying to give @leeallen credit so he's not being called a liar. The NBA did a **** job of sending out mixed info IMHO. That's all this is about.

17. don grahamleone

"This is from ESPN and clearly shows that a snake draft is not being used." - don grahamleone

STFU. You're obviously not slowing down enough to comprehend what @YOLO and I are discussing. You're on some witch hunt for no reason. You have some problem with me or something because if you do, let me know. I wanna remember that and I will.

Reread what I said. If you don't feel stupid, I don't know what to say to you.

18. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Through all the forums (for example, Reddit) that I've read besides this thread, I haven't seen one other person who interpreted the draft as going down as a snake draft. I think you should cut your losses and save some time. Either you read something that was wrong or you misinterpreted it.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

"alternating" is pretty clear in my mind. Your turn, my turn, your turn, my turn. That's alternating.

A snake draft would be referred to that way.

20. don grahamleone

This is about an article I read. I remembered it correctly. The ARTICLE WAS WRONG. Not my memory.

Quit reading too much into this. You get dumber to me every time you respond. Go back and read or STFU. YOLO showed me that the article I read was wrong. You're just on some witch hunt for no ******* reason. Lay the **** off. I've said the article I read was wrong. Are you stupid or something?