1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Dude. Why would Utah make this trade rather than just acquiring Mirotic straight up. Better contract, better player. They don’t have to involve us just cuz we want them to.

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  2. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

We already beat the Warriors 2-1 this season without Lebron, so, unless you're saying Lebron should give up trying to beat the Warriors with whatever team is available (Spurs?) and sit out seasons until the Warriors team lose some of their stars?

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t doubt Cyber has heard whispers about this; but I do doubt it was more than Morey just checking in on where teams stand with him. It does make sense that Ryno has kinda checked out from the team cuz he knows he’s a goner. And Morey does make moves when you think he was already set, but Morey has never had a team in this good of a situation before, and doesn’t have a first round pick to package with a Brewer type contract. Doubt we get rid of him. We literally have no other PFs and dude did grab 13 boards against the Warriors.

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

we beat gsw with harden, cp3, capela.. you think we a sure lock to beat them in the playoffs?

Lebron harden cp3 can't get it done without capela or a 4th star

5. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I am not sure if it is a good idea to trade him while we are competing for championship this year. Granted he is not a key player and his salary is not justified by his production, but if you just trade him for peanuts it will definitely hurt our chance of beating GS this year. Lebron to Houston is still a wishful thinking at this point.

6. StevieCrossover

We aint trading Ryno. Ryan Anderson is a serviciable player but not for the price tag.

Which team can Morey sh*t on with $20 mil each year and a couple of years to go?

The only team I can think of that likes to get sh*tted on is the good ole New York Knicks.

7. threepointshot3

Knicks have all but categorically rejected any trade for Ryno even if meant getting rid of melo so no

amaru, D-rock and arabrocket like this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sorry guys, but if Morey has received signals that LeBron is interested in the Rockets, he should do everything to dump Ryno before the deadline.

Think about it: The playoff rotation would hardly miss him, if at all. Remember last year.

This is the no-brainer of no-brainers.

Even without the idea of LeBron coming, Morey should dump Ryno asap to clear the way for the off-season.

Why not?, Fyreball, amaru and 7 others like this.
  9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

If we were a sure lock as you said, then we'd just stay pat.
    I think we have as good a chance as the rest of the teams. I'd put maybe the Spurs above us if they get KL back right.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

i was originally replying to someone who wants to trade capela inorder to get lebron

I told him we need to keep capela and cp3 and lebron or another star will need to take a pay cut

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is pushin', nobody is yielding.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Interesting. I can't wait for moar scoop. MOAR.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Biyombo and Hezonja for Ryno and Black.

kingkingston likes this.
  14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

[​IMG]

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Something about the whole Ryno getting paid $20,000,000 thing makes me not feel bad for him at all.

It's gotten to an embarrassing point watching his useless pump fake 5 feet behind the 3 point line on a guy closing metres away from him.

If you're not going to do the one thing you were brought here to do, then take a hike.

Why not?, DaonlyLA, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Need to bring back Yung Floor Space Kyle Wiltjer from his Euro stop

bulkatron likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't wait to see how tired you guys get of Mbah a Moute shooting bulk threes from the PF spot. :D

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

His defense more than makes up for that.

Plus, you can't miss something (Ryno shooting 3s) that isn't there (Ryno shooting 3s)

Why not?, DaonlyLA, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feel like the GM fked up with that contract and tries to rescind it somehow.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

At least he will shoot them.

Vivi and mikol13 like this.