1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. alethios

alethios Member

Cleverly disguised Potato Head confirmation?

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yes it hurts us .

Tucker can play the 4 . But you don't want Tucker playing the 4 full time . He's a situational 4 . If he plays 30 minutes at the 4 for the rest of the season .... Come playoff time he will be dead . Pj is thick ... But the dude is 6'5" . You want to be able to bring him in when he's got a full tank and can use his strength .

It doesn't hurt us for stretches , but if we are forced to play any of our other wings at the 4 full time.... I believe it will really hurt us long term .

So we would have to pick up another 4 ... And we're not going to be able to find a street dude with the ability of Ryan . The guy (even while being a p***y) creates lots of spacing . He's also quick enough to play decently in our switch everything D . Most traditional 4's are stronger , but aren't as used to guarding the perimeter as Ryan . It would be an unwise gamble to see if they can pick it up in 2 months

Rox_fan_here and YOLO like this.
  3. smp

smp Member

I agree. We can't depend on him. It's definitely mental too. If you watch him warm up he drains 3 after 3. Rarely misses. Game starts and he can't hit anything and becomes scared to shoot. He's also a big liability on the defensive side of the ball. I don't think we would miss him at all.

4. BMoney

BMoney Member

Yeah...it's the passivity that has concerned me.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm fine, good riddance.. You dummies guys don't seem get that I want the Rockets to do better.. I'll continue to root for ALL Rockets until they are no longer Rockets..

Why not?, alethios, Vivi and 5 others like this.
  6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Knew the nuclear toxicity of the contract the day it was signed.

Pushing Ryno trades away a salary that could be used in a bigger deal. So trading it for 2 smaller deals. This will most likely cost us some picks. Willing to bet that multiple 2nds will be leaving from the Rockets.

Fun times. Ryno SUCKS, want him off this team ASAP.

Possibly to Chicago?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I wish.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Hey wasup?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

[​IMG]

Amen brother dreamshook

10. ballscientist1

It is easier for Lakers to dump Deng than for Rockets to dump Ryan in summer b/c Lakers have a ton of young talents.

Dealing Ryan for expiring contracts would alleviate the Rockets’ tight budget, and potentially put in better position going into 2018 free agency.

I support Morey!

D-rock likes this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Nothing I've seen has made me think we'll miss Ryno either in the short or long term. He’s a floor spacer that’s too scared to shoot half the time. I don’t have any confidence in him being focused for the playoffs either. So his main ability is to provide some space and keep Tucker and LMM’s minutes down. I’d rather have the cap flexibility going forward rather than rely on him, even if it slightly hurts our chances this year which I don’t think it will. If we’re forced to keep him I’d be glad to be proven wrong and see him catch fire in the playoffs. I don’t hate him as a player, I just hate that contract and don’t think he’ll perform.

12. Kendrick Lamar

when the **** has cyberx ever called it? can someone refresh my memory?

13. macan

macan Member

cyberx dropping bombs left and right

DonKnock likes this.
  14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

He broke melo to okc before the media most recently

15. xiki

xiki Member

Back to the question of bringing in one or both bigs for 'nada' would that allow CC to pkg w/Ryno for a good contract replacement?

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m guessing yes.
    Saw Cavs site saying sources: Cavs willing to trade Isaiah Thomas now

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Wait, how does Anderson go from being an albatross contract requiring 1st rounders to dump to a player we can get expiring contracts for dealing? He' still got 2 years after this year.

I think this is all just wishful thinking. We're not getting rid of Anderson without feeling some real pain. Teams aren't gonna just roll over for a deal.

If anyone can pull it off it's Morey, but I just don't see that anything has changed about Anderson's value or the prospects of dealing him.

CapelaOnlyFan and amaru like this.
  18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Not all exprings but rathe a couple contracts and hopeful for expirings mixed in

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He had negative +/- for the GSW game so even if he rebounded, overall he still sucked. This is all about flexibility, if we strike out on Lebron that's ok, lots of stars would want to play with Paul and Harden. But we can't do any of that with Anderson on the team. Do you realize we are almost paying a max deal for Anderson? He had 7 freaking pts last game lol wtf

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Well keep f'in pushing

Artie_Fufkin likes this.