1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Leadership of Mbah a Moute

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Nov 4, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Luke is a consummate professional!

saleem and s3ts like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They'll have an opportunity to do so in the offseason.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Isn't Luc a good Kawahi stopper.

How does he do against Durantula?

I would consider starting Luc at PF to match up with Durant against GSW in the playoffs.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vet minimum contract. Still amazes me how important he has been on this team. I did not see this coming.

s3ts likes this.
  5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Its great to have Luc back but it will suck on Saturday against GSW to not have Green or Ariza but Luc brings a whole different facet to the team. He isnt quite like Gordon at being able to attack the rim but he will attack the rim and not just settle for the 3 ball all the time. He also is probably the best finisher around the basket when attacking the rim after Capela, Harden, Gordon and Paul. Defensively it just allows people to be in their spots better. Last night it just seemed PJ was far more comfortable in how he played and rebounding with Luc out there compared to Green or no one else prior to Green's signing. Luc defensively is probably our most versatile defender after Ariza. PJ cannot move as well on the perimeter the way Ariza and Luc do and guys like Paul and Gordon do not have the size against bigger players.

Its unfortunate the suspensions happened but with the all-star break coming up it seems the team is starting to get healthy and come together again. (note I do not want to understate how critical it was to have Nene back in the rotation). I am curious to see what MDA does with a full rotation at his disposal he can go really different with the lineups. Green is not a good defender but is an effective scorer and attacker.

This is what still separates Houston from Golden State. Golden State not only has depth but versatility in their depth. They have multiple play makers and people who can run an offense. Curry, Durant, Green, Iggy and Livingston call all run the offense effectively. The Rockets really only have Paul and Harden and the Rockets depth is there but based the depth is very role based. If the Rockets are healthy they can compete with GS because of everyone being able to play their role effectively but ask them to do something outside of their role and things come down fast (as seen with the 5 game losing streak with injuries)

nomiz1987, Sweet Lou 4 2 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I would buy a Luc jersey if they made them...the website has PJ Tucker but not Luc

D-rock and OTMax like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hhaha capela dances the best

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

My bad - I totally flipped those around in my head. I knew they were really good at one thing and not the other. Thanks for the correctiong. I'll make sure to double check that next time.

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

My bad - flipped 'em around. Thanks for catching that.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

LMB deserves a 3 year 30 mill contract.

roslolian likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Throw me a smooth mil

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

I mean lets be honest, Luc at this point has WAY more impact than Ryan Anderson. He provides top notch defense, leadership and can even hit 3s to provide spacing like Anderson does. The right move now is to disregard salary and start Luc over Anderson since he is the one playing like a starter and Anderson is playing like a bench scrub.

Rox need to find a way to keep both Luc and Green on this team, they plug a lot of holes on the roster and they have MDA's trust so you know they will get PT.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was a lock-down defender - same with Harper. I think our guy is doing something different. Modern defenses don't work the same way because of all the switching. I think tomorrow is going to be interesting.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best analysis of this team I've seen to date - on here or in the media.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. s3ts

s3ts Member

As much as we all would like that, Ryno will continue to start games to showcase that Rockets still place high hopes on him. MDA start messing with that and Morey will def have a conversation with him.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When leadership is in one's blood, it is him.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

The Prince should definitely start soon!

saleem likes this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

This is why I love Africa and the way they incorporate dance and music in life and just bring that positivity.

Little Bit likes this.
  20. theimpossibles1

I have been watching Luc very carefully and I am starting to realize why he makes such a positive impact.

He has such a level head. No matter what is happening in the game he is 100% focused. Doesn't get a call? Doesn't care. Team is slacking off a bit? He just keeps working his ass off. Angry? Frustrated? Never.

The dude does NOT care about individual statistics. He has one and only one mission, and that is to do everything in his power to help the team win.

He has Kawhi level mental game, but without the Kawhi pressure to take over. That ridiculous NBA record +/- Luc put up earlier this year does not surprise me at all.

The recent stretch where he was out for a while I felt, and know most of you felt, that something just wasn't the same as it was in the early stretch of the season. Now that he is back, that feeling is back.

To make an extreme example, I think for this team if you traded Mbah a Moute for say Carmelo, our team gets worse. Anthony has established his role as a scorer. Simply a scorer. He does that very well and because scoring is so sexy, Anthony is a big star.

Luc on the other hand surveys the game, sees what his team needs, WHATEVER that may be, and that's what he does.

Luc is a PERFECT fit for this team that already has plenty of scoring ability. Beautiful signing by Morey.

I am so thankful that we have this guy.

#120 theimpossibles1, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Deuce and Little Bit like this.