1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

yes

yes, anything that is not Bitcoin is not practical

it would be like trying to create a competitor to TCP/IP; a complete waste of time, like Esperanto

2. theimpossibles1

Holy **** are yall seeing this action with Bitcoindiamond? Up 1500% earlier today.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

This is not an "I told you so", this is an "I'm telling you so", because it still has much higher to go.

Buy and hold Bitcoin, sit back and watch the mass adoption, ignore the noise.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Noise.

Noise!!!

Don't take my words!

SIL

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

A bunch of people who have been wrong about bitcoin for years (proof in this thread) are really confident in their opinions now.

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

And FWIW, I don't disagree with @Commodore .

I just believe there's money to be made in speccing alts. And it's true.

All this white paper, Twitter reveals, applicable and tangible use of these alts are just noise. It's called fluffing and buffing the system. Filter through.

Still long alts, as I believe they got more room to pump. Especially LTC and ada.

SIL

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Quit saying that and call people out. I know just by reading through the first few pages @RedRedemption is one.

SIL

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Probably because they've made a ****ton of money over the last month by ignoring it in the short term.

Do I doubt Bitcoin long term? No, for reasons that manifest themselves in this thread. Brides of Satoshi bullshit. You're drinking the koolaid, I'm playing Russian roulette.

First to market exogesis has been around long before Bitcoin (See: Religion, Politics) but clones alone don't spread up, never just clones, but offshoots kiddies. It is a perfectly evolutionary occurrence on an exponential growth curve and sooner or later at least 5-10 out of 10000+ will find a better way.

It is just an inevitability. History always repeats itself, COBs.

The only real rule in this game is don't wife your coins. As soon as that ass turns flat jump up on a fresh and juicy 21 year old with a Georgia peach backside.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Hey Glen Rice, welcome back to the forums.

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Ronny T, Glen Rice, whose next?

I'm just me..don't be mad I called you out. Go look at the posts earlier in this thread, you were dead wrong.

**** , more wrong than @Yung-T you shouldn't have even shown up.

SIL

11. RedRedemption

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It depends on the prediction. There are some who felt bitcoin would never take off and eventually crash and burn. On the contrary, it did the opposite and birthed a whole new way of thinking on how to transact on the internet.

However Bitcoin was to be a global currency. At this point in time, its been a failure to adopt as a currency. Bitcoin is here to stay. If Bitcoin is to stay on top, Bitcoin Core has to resolve their little civil war. Im not so sure that is going to happen anytime soon.

14. theimpossibles1

Not to mention Bitcoin is slow as **** compared to many competitors.

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Ok then don't, brah.

This was in response to @Commodore statement of milk being the price of nickel.

Damn bro, I see why you ignored me. Straight up the anti Nostradamus, worse than @Yung-T

I'd ignore myself too if I was called out on being oh so wrong. @Commodore and @tallanvor are studs.

SIL

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

what civil war do you refer?

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Have to ask again, do you even know what any of the other projects outside of bitcoin do? Many of them are not anyhow doing a bitcoin approach and are tackling entirely different branches and real-world applications (IoT, supply chain, exchanges, networks etc).
    Some of them are partnered up with the biggest companies and governments in the world, are these institutions simply falling fo shitcoins?

Also, when it comes to the currency aspect, bitcoin currently is the impractical one and outclassed by several others.
    That may change with lightning network or it may not, none of us know.

I sense from your comments that you are not really following the crypto space and are happy with your btc riches, don't make the mistake of being like the early AOL worshippers and ignorantly thinking your product is the eternal #1.

18. RedRedemption

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Deicide

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

What are your thoughts on this @Commodore vs. @Yung-T battle of BTCs vs. alts.

I think all are pure spec plays, and don't see the reason to not buy and sell alts if that's my purpose. I don't know why you don't see the value in that @Commodore . I get why you wouldn't take, Mr. I dumped all my XRP at .23 @Yung-T tremendous advice. But do you not see the value in just the trading side of things?

And definitely not in @RedRedemption who you schooled a little less than 4 years ago in this game. I get that, but why not the value in trading?

SIL