1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man I'll need it check those, but trx is up like crazy atm, I was hoping to buy a ton more at 4 cents but didn't want to get too greedy like we spoke about, but this is absurdly earlier than I thought. I'd also like to thank cnbc for bringing eyes to xlm and a few other alts. I just wish they waited haha, was expecting this end of Jan. But can't complain :)

And raiblocks was one I was thinking on too, I'd love some mini dips on some I'm not in on yet :) was going to read up on a few more, just crazy time atm on these alts.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Raiblocks confirmed that its getting onto binance. Im going in on this coin tomorrow. Hope it doesnt jump too much before then.

This one could bust completely or be a complete game changer. Its intriguing as hell. I have to sign up for a shady exchange to get in but *** it im doing it.

CCity Zero likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I love trx atm, but need to read more on etn, I'd definitely recommend picking up trx keeping it, but also staying diverse so trading out some for trx isn't bad. But right now trx is pretty high compared to what it was yesterday... If it corrects I'd buy trx just because of team involved. With that said pick what you believe in, but having both is good if you think etn can moon.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Yeah its going HAM hahaha. I was gonna buy in at 8 cents but I was like nah its due for a dip soon, and its doubled since then lmao. Missed my chance haha.

Im doing a lot of research on raiblocks. It is a work in progress and apparently succeptible to a lot of problems but if they get this product down, then this will be a billion times better than ripple. I have a lot more reading to do but this could be legit.

Its made it to 27 dollars a coin while on shady exchanges

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, let me know what you find out :) I'll try to read on it too, that sounds awesome though, having them on multi exg will def cause a spike . And if mini dip on trx/Ada I'm going to have to buy more :)

6. Daddy Long Legs

For anyone that missed out on trx, I recommend reading on dent.

(I recommended reading not buying. I’m not anything close to a financial advisor. Everyone make your own choice lol)

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm holding and believe in the team and product value, recommend others do as well.

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

What are some of the sites that y’all use for crypto news, analysis, articles, etc?

9. Daddy Long Legs

Hope trx keeps mooning for you ;)!

Looks like a small correction in xlm right now. Went from the .90 barrier to .76 right now.

Ada also dipped a lil today.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Hi, noob at doing this with a quick question: How long should an average transaction take? I dropped just $500 yesterday on Coinbase for ETH to use elsewhere. That transaction was relatively instantaneous. Then, I went to Bitsane and tried to transfer my ETH. That process took all day. Then I placed an order for XRP, which took another 14 hours to complete. I have no idea what rates I am buying at and want a quick and easy way to do this.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Switch exchange from bitsane to binance or one of the others mentioned here, Binance is near instant on trades.

For example a Transfer from Coinbase can vary due to their volume, but shouldn't take that long.. And once you're on Binance for example (with money from coinbase etc) can basically do instant daytrading. And even do limit orders/sales you'll know the exact price etc.

Also when ready to withdrawl can set that up as well and put in wallet or another exg etc etc. Just make sure you input the right address for the withdrawal (with the correct currency).

Tl;Dr - use Binance

#3531 CCity Zero, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. twhy77

Binace apparently wants lots of personal information like passport, etc. I'd prefer not to give that information out.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It shouldn't, unless you're trying to move a lot of money at once. I think above 30k in one transaction. And since you have money on Coinbase should be able to put it on there, their app is pretty good too

I know GDAX is like that but want to say binance still allows you to sign up similar to CB

14. twhy77

I'll try again, thanks!

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Brehs, I am in the usual suspects, TRX, Ripple, REQ, etc... I just hope you guys bought some VEN when Yung-T and I were shilling it. If the crypto market holds itself for 2 more years, and after the dust settles, VEN could be a big winner.

A_3PO likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

HR Dept likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Have you tried Binance. They have had system crashes with all these new accounts, but the longest transfer from Coinbase to Binance took no more than 30 minutes and usually much faster.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Just some thoughts.

At this stage in the crypto market, you can throw darts at any reasonably appearing token and make money.

Hopefully this will last long enough for us to make some real money. Like the Internet mania, which lasted at least 3 years, things will settle down. At that point, the wheat will be separated from the chaff.

I think it is still not too early to pick some eventual winners.

My picks are VEN and Ripple. You guys can add your picks. I think this will help clutch members.

19. twhy77

Thanks! Pretend I'm like a child, who wanders into the middle of a movie and keeps asking what it is about.

Quick question #2: How important is circulating supply? With XRP, it looks as if there is just a ton of it out there, which overall limits its ability to go up, correct? What balance should I be looking for in a crypto between Market Cap/Circulating currency/Technology, etc.? XRP was enticing just because of its potential for interbank transfers, but again there just seems to be a ton of it out there.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The number of circulating coins will absolutely cap how high a token could go. However, that did not prevent Ripple from appreciating 14 times the last 30 days. It takes a lot of trading volume to move coin like that. Now, you are seeing the same phenomenon with TRX. It has been a volume leader on Binance for days now.

You could make some money on Ripple or similar coins, if you catch them early now. Just don't go on believing that it will go to $1000 a token. No way.

I am going to be working on some very speculative stuff thus weekend. Throw $1000 total on some cheap, cheap stuff and hope one will end up on a major exchange for a moon shot. I am doing some research now, and hopefully disclose it to you guys next week or so.

CCity Zero and twhy77 like this.