1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Absolutely right, if we get enough singles and doubles I'll be happy :) but hey if we get a grand slam we'll take it!

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

All right guys, I know nothing of cryptocurrency. I'm willing to gamble less than <1% of my net worth on one of these crypto coins. I'm looking to put $2k into one of these.... which one should I invest in?

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

How to passively invest in crypto? Which group of coins should I just put my money into and let it ride?

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

1.) Buy 10k Tron
    2.) Moon.

sammy and CCity Zero like this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

TRX if you want 20k coins w/ legitimate chance at being special/long hold. XLM quick in/out but wait for dip. ADA is great choice too but need a dip if Investing and other than corrections I think ADA and XLM will be solid, TRX is a gamble but has most potential since investing early. I like coins that are sub 30.cents so you load up.

Please note these are just opinions, only invest with what you're okay with losing, if one of these pans out I'll probably need some money :) I owe Yung-T if I hit it big, hahha

Also I don't mean quick in/out on xlm it's going to go hard I believe, I'm just saying if you needed money, projections look good eoy but projections are not reliable... But from what I've seen... Xlm/trx/Ada are all solid

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

TRX, if want a ton for not much money, ADA/XLM are great too, just depends on your wallet. There's a lot of others I'm just naming less priced ones that I've researched and invested in and are currently hot

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

And sorry for all the shilling but, like I Mentioned earlier I've doubled my portfolio (Er my investment I was willing to risk, haha I'm not some high roller) in like 1 week...

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Side note if you want to gamble... And might payoff quick for $1 is etherparty (FUEL). It's at 35 cents but I think it'll hit $1 mid to end of January. Again this is speculation... and not something I guarantee but it's been interesting to say the least. I bought in for nothing and it's up to 36 cents woooo. Sub 20 iirc, again this isn't long term (I don't think) and name is silly...

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You know. You all know exactly what the coin is. Say its name.
    [​IMG]

jbasket and moestavern19 like this.
  10. Bob Barker 007

Put it all in
    [​IMG]

Just make your own index by buying an equal weight of the top 10 or top 15 largest cryptocurrencies by market cap. You'll get some exposure to the large coins, and some exposure to medium/small coins.

11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Just one? Ripple. But listen to everyone else and spread your money out over at least a few.

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I feel like qsp is under the radar.

Xrm, xrp, ada, and trx are on good trends right now but dont sleep on qsp being important soon.

I think we will see a crazy year in alt coins. A lot will moon IMO

13. Daddy Long Legs

@Yung-T how much do you trust qsp in the future?

14. hlcc

hlcc Member

Buying a couple of graphics cards to mine the coins is a viable option too especially if you have an alternative use for the graphic cards (play video games etc). 2 Nvidia 1080 graphics cards should cost around $1000 and can generate around $12 per day through mining.

15. Daddy Long Legs

everything is chilling right now. I think the fear of missing out buyers that follow the active trends have cooled off for the night. we'll see.

or maybe everything is just chilling because binance is upgrading...

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Hey guys, I hope it isn't too late, but I recently started getting my feet wet in this.

A couple weeks ago, I bought small amounts of crypto for the first time, when Bitcoin Cash was being released on Coinbase. I bought small amounts of BTC and BCH (just to get a feel).

Today, I purchased some ETH (because of its quicker delivery than BTC) in order to start investing in other cryptos on the exchanges as soon as possible.

Any suggestions for beginners?I 'm a total noob on this but eager to learn.

I'm holding the BTC and BCH I bought (not selling); and purchasing ETH or LTC on Coinbase, to trade on Binance. Am I going about this the right way?

I plan on buying in more chips (poker analogy) very soon. A few times my initial investment, so sticking my feet in a bit deeper.. Should I purchase ETH or LTC for the purposes I mentioned? Or does it really not matter?

It seems like there's alot of good advice in this thread. Thanks in advance.

17. Fantasma Negro

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Anyone feel good About Electroneum (ETN)? I think as a long term investment potential is crazy! My brother is trying to convince me to sell all my electroneum and go in on Tron since they have similar goals! But i feel like ETN might make a splce soon! Might just split better TRX and ETN for the long haul.

19. Daddy Long Legs

I might go all out in RaiBlocks. Doing more reading but this coin might have actual MOON potential. It's made it to 27 dollars a coin without even being on any major exchanges. If I catch it before it gets voted onto binance then it might go ham.

keep an eye on XRB. Doing more research on it.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Dump bch/btc to eth/ltc unless you have mad Volume, even then you should still get out of that, just not going to make much on btc (again, unless sick volume). Then go to binance using ltc/eth and buy up alts mentioned in here. Still time but trx is out of control at the moment I got in at 3.5-4 cents jumped to 15 cents in like 24 hours. If there's a correction dip I'm buying more ADA/TRX/XLM. Anyway Thousands of coins or higher volume of coins is only way to make money unless you're a whale etc then you can do how you please :)

But example I'm trying to show is one ltc is like let's say $200 then let's say great day and it doubles (great!!), but these alts you could have 10 thousand coins etc and if it doubles from 2 cents to 4 you just doubled etc etc that's why alts are hot right now. Small investments = mass coins = potential to goto the moon. I only hold ltc/eth for xfers.

Now if you were early adopter and have hundreds to thousands+ of BTC/ETH/LTC then it gets more interesting but if not... Go alt all day.

And I'm sure you know math above, but right now alts are where you can make a lot

#3520 CCity Zero, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018