1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I like it except I feel like their will be judgment and conflict lmao.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Uncoupled from a proof-of-work consensus mechanism (and the hashing power that goes along with it), blockchain is just a crappy, inefficient database.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not sure if you understand crypto. Bitcoin will not survive if it does not evolve. The only thing special about Bitcoin is first to market. Its a flawed protocol which 'alts' are trying to improve on the initial concept. Bitcoins biggest problem is the massive amount of power required to maintain the network.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

You are entitled to that view. I’m not saying that you aren’t a smart person, you very well may be very smart but I think you may be too arrogant on that assertion.

An overwhelming amount of brilliant people in the world seem to think blockchain was a major innovation.

I’m not an expert by any means but I think you have over simplified what blockchain technology does quite a bit.

5. Fantasma Negro

ENG played with my emotions, bought that **** at 5.45 after a late tip to buy at 4. It jumped up to 6.35 and then immediately dropped to 5.30, so **** it I bought more. The **** jumped back to 6.07 now its playing between 5.27 and 5.50. I think I'm gonna buy more

6. Daddy Long Legs

@ADA I love you :):):) LMAO

7. Daddy Long Legs

Hey yall remember when @SirIvyLeague said cardano was an explosion waiting to happen?

our boy was right lmao.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

ADA doubled for me. Ripple tripled. But I didn’t buy enough in hindsight.

9. Daddy Long Legs

wish I would've put in more also but I put in a very good amount and hindsight is cancer in this game. can't get too greedy :)

just keep hitting singles. If we go for the homerun too much then we will strike out.

I'm happy with my gains. ADA doubled my investment too. I got in at 48 cents. I hold more ADA than any other coin because I believe that the team is brilliant after watching the documentary. Still holding by the way, I think this is a long term hold.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is kind of what I was mentioning, the power use is insane.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Cardano met resistance at 1 dollar :eek:

lots of people usually like to sell off at dem round numbers.

Im holding for at least another year. Seems to be a long hold type coin because they are still a work in progress.

We shall see

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn nice on ADA, I was in it for a bit at 70 but went hard on xlm/trx... If I could have had a shot at 48... Hahah def would have stayed. You think long-term could be really good?

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Gotcha didn't see this before my reply, I'm going to do similar on trx/xlm hold a long time, hopefully pays off...

14. Daddy Long Legs

Dude nice. You chose perfect ones to get in on for today.

Trx and xlm went hard. Im not in trx (although I liked the idea, just cant buy too many coins)

I have a modest amount in Xlm and it has been on a blistering pace. I do believe in that coin and they already have established partnerships.

Ada hit a dollar then dropped. Its def still a good hold but idk how good it is to buy in for a minute.

The coin itself is very much still a work in progress but I think that is has tons of potential though.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I know what you mean... But like Mathrocker said can't get too greedy. Haha I tried to build on my shares before mini dip (only risked 400).. Didn't work out well thankfully got 8 more doing it but it could have been bad, hahha, I'm glad I didn't do what I heard others doing risking insane stack and then coming back in at 1/2 that... Just not worth it.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Always hold bro! Thats my motto. As long as you dont invest more than you can afford than the risk/reward profile is worth it IMO.

You never know when one of these coins will moon.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice man! Yeah if there is a small correction I might try to get in, but if not I hope it makes you a ton down the road. I was following it today really nice day overall.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You're absolutely right, man. These coins are insane.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The whole crypto space knew at this point. :p
    I've been telling people to get in since 0.02, hope a lot took my advice. Love this project so much and excited for the future. If their product launch is a success, this could completely destroy ETH etc.

jbasket and CCity Zero like this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I wish I got in on ADA... But by time I was finally listening it was up.. So xlm/trx are looking decent for me (and few others we discussed) but. Still trying to find another coin as a backup, have you ever tried any of the ICOs? Thanks again for all your help!

Hoping you're killing it, 2018 is looking up :)