1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What will it realistically take for the Rockets to rid themselves of Anderson?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed

His Salary MATTERS
    He is ok for a 2 million a year player .. . it is down right unacceptable at 20 million

Rocket River

dc rock, BigShasta and amaru like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ryno's defense and Rebounding should be what keeps him on the court when his shot is ****
    but
    They are both bad
    When his shot is not falling. . . . HE GIVES US NEXT TO NOTHING!!!

Teams are beginning to ISO on him now .. . . . .

That said. . . *IF* a Lebron or high caliber player is looking to move
    Anderson will be part of the deal

LeBron tells Cavs he wants houston . . .or they get nothing
    Anderson, Ego, Capela and 2 1st rounders will probably get that done

While I LOVE Capela . . . . .and Ego and would have to burn the future. . . .you just have to pull the trigger on that deal

Rocket River

3. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I agree with you completely on that statement.

One thing to consider is that this year we have Chris Paul.
    He will completely chew someone out if they slack off, don't play defense and / or forget their plays.

I said this before, but this is the reason I love the Chris Paul trade.
    He hates losing and forces players around him to become better.

As long as Ryan is healthy and we have Chris Paul on the floor, Ryan's rebounding and defense will improve.
    This is why guys like Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Isiah Thomas and Kobe Bryant were champions.
    They forced their teammates to become better.

Their was a clip of Chris Paul chewing out PJ Tucker at the end of the Lakers game for taking too long to inbound the ball.

napalm06 likes this.
  4. hakeemthagreat

Anderson is too valuable to just give away. If we trade him it needs to be for another pure shooter. The problem is how many stretch 4's are available that shoot with Anderson's range? Teams have to respect him just for his reputation

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Isnt Kamisky a pure shooter???

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydxfcdc6

Howard might could help get this trade going, i mean zeller and Kamisky are like professionals. Anderson would probably get more touches in Charlotte, probably fit better in the offense scheme.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Zeller, if right, would be stellar with this run and gun type of offense. He's athletic enough to keep up with the speed while being able to do some put backs and bank shots. Why would Charlotte do that? I dunno.

7. hakeemthagreat

Kaminsky isn't even close to the shooter Ryan Anderson is. He's never even shot close to 40% from 3 his whole career

MrSabotage likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Kaminsky is a back up there, Charlotte has Williams as starter at the 4, and he's a 40% 3pt shooter, plays better defense than Ryan and his contract is cheaper so...

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't think we can .

His contract is obviously bad , but it's deeper than that .

We are probably one of the best fits for Ryan. He is probably more valuable to us than to all but maybe 1-2 other teams .

MDA system , elite playmakers next to him , strong defensive center .... Etc . The situation for him anywhere else gets worse quickly . Unfortunately , his salary doesn't change .

Which means , any team taking him on can only value him as an expiring contract in 2 years . Not good !

Furthermore , our first rounders will likely be late . We're going to have to give up Way more than we want to to get rid of him . Which is why it's not going to happen short of Lebron deciding to come here.

10. hakeemthagreat

Who is Mike Dunleavy Jr playing for? I'd take him as a replacement for Anderson

BigShasta likes this.
  11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

What it's going to take realistically is to just eat **** for this season and next then all of the sudden his contract becomes super desirable.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If we stretch him after the season
    40 over 5 yrs -- So it becomes 8 mill a year for 5 years.
    Saves 12 million next year and the year after - but cost us 8 mill the next three years
    or
    After next season it would be
    20 over 3 yrs -- So it becomes 6.6 mill a year for 3 years.
    Saves 12 million that year and - but cost us 6.6 mill the next two years

If we need 12 million in space next year . . .and he cannot be traded . . .. he will be stretched

From what I understand this is what happens

But if they don't stretch him this summer. . . . After a year he will become a nice expiring contract

Rocket River

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

LeBron to Houston is a very real thing. Ryno’s contract is vital to many of the viable scenarios necessary to get him here.

END OF STORY

Pointless conversations going on here.

Vivi, Deuce and Rocket River like this.
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The return of the Hale-Bopp and the alien race hiding within that will abduct Ryan Anderson.

Vivi and J.R. like this.
  15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Is it just me or has Randerson been playing actually decent defense this season? I feel like I've been surprised by solid post-defense from him more often than I remember seeing him getting beaten in the post. My biggest gripe is how little he does offensively other than spot up, if he had a bit of pump/drive game he'd be so much harder to guard.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Still resonates. The day we signed him, I said that the Rockets threw away $80 million and Anderson would be one of the worst contracts in the NBA..

Low and behold.

Dude blows.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think you're right, solid on defense but surprisingly one dimensional on offense, nevermind still so valuable for spacing he brings.... if injuries didnt happen this thread wouldnt even exist and he would be considered a significant part of the best offense in history, perhaps even the best team in history

18. mockster

mockster Member

He goes games with 0 rebounds, just saying.

But yes his offense is very bare bones, he can’t create. If he was allowed to his turn around two pointer is pretty accurate.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I didn't mention rebounding, just defense. Obviously he has extreme physical limitations, but I've been surprised how competent he has looked defensively this season, at least he is trying out there.

And yeah, if you look at his high-scoring bursts in New Orleans on Youtube most of them are courtesy of the Dirk-esque mid-range jumper. I get why we don't allow him to do that here, but maybe a bit with the second team when things are getting stagnant? Especially since we won't have Harden/Paul on the court at all times for the near future? Seems like that helps him build confidence and get into the rhythm of the game, and we need all of the offensive firepower we can get while Harden's out.

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its just you .... Teams are exploiting Anderson defensively but he's causing a lot of problems on the offensive end too with teams doubling off of him onto the ball handler early in possessions. This is leading to a lot of turnovers and transition baskets for opponents because the ball handler is often making a poor decision .... in part because Anderson has been shooting so poorly and teams are willing to let him take very long wing 3's rather than allowing Harden / CP3 to facilitate the offense to a more favorable conclusion - shots in the paint , corner 3's or FT's.

DanTony needs to come up with a new wrinkle or some adjustment .... cause what they have been doing since the Utah game just aint working.