1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2017-18

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2017.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Do Weber or Jackson have fully guaranteed contracts by now? If not, one of them should be cut, probably Jackson. You have correctly pointed out that Ellis is not playing currently. I was aware of that, and slightly surprised by that as well. If he doesn't have any athleticism left, then it's useless to go after him. He is a scorer, and not much of a passer. I hope he can provide some quickness and scoring off the bench. I wouldn't be willing to give him anything more than a 20 day contract.

2. saleem

Another question for you AW. Has Hickson lost his athleticism and strength? Is he carrying an injury? I'm surprised he is playing in China. I'm not aware if he has any issues like Ty either.

Pen15clubber and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jared Sullinger is carving up in China

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would do that trade in a heart beat, but not sure why Phoenix would. Chandler's contract is a year closer to being off the books, and you'd think they could get value for Daniels in a smaller deal with him going by himself to a contender who needs shooting.

For Ryno trades, if it has any possibility of happening at all, I'd look at some of those younger teams in the East vying for a playoff spot. Teams with younger players that need space at the 4 spot. Even then, the Rockets will probably still get hammered in the deal, so its probably still best keeping him, and moving him to the bench.

However if Chandler gets bought out, I'd love to have him. If he can turn back the clock every couple nights when Black is normally getting minutes, he'd be an amazing addition, but I don't think he gets bought out till next year since he can probably get traded this offseason in his final year.

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Onuaku getting paid 1.3mil per year while doing nothing for the team. Dude is gonna be stuck in the G-league forever, in which he can't even perform at an All-Star G-league level.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Not sure what stupid morey saw in him

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Is Barbosa totally done for? I think he's playing in Brazil this

elmotsangtt likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can’t say that he has been injured.

Clicked on JJ Hickson. Shows Washington tagged him for free agency July 1 (16/17).

Then renounced his rights on July 7th (16/17)

You know how teams get in a feeding frenzy on free agents in the early days of free agency

Looks like Hickson was part of a “catch and release” bad luck break on timing with the Wiz

Shows Hickson played in China last season. Played 27 games. Appears CBA seasons are about 30 games,
    followed by some playoffs games.....if you make the playoffs.

I’ve always felt Hickson overachieved; liked him because of that effort.

#309 ApacheWarrior, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    saleem likes this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Those are the new 2-way contracts. @BimaThug would know more about those contracts than I.

My understanding is the player can spend up to 45 days with their NBA affiliate team. Only play for
    the G-league team and their affiliate NBA team. The salary is pro-rated by day depending on which team
    the player is with.

Yes, it looks like the Rockets favor Weber over Jackson at the moment. But 2-way contracts cost the Rockets
    very little. It’s the Bobby Brown contract that blocks another point guard basically. Doesn’t appear Harden
    is ok with the removal of Bobby Brown from the roster. I’m a big fan of offering Bobby Brown a position
    of Assistant to John Lucas. Or some player liaisons type role (Opening a roster spot). Marcus Camby was
    offered an assistant coach-like position when he finished with Houston after his injury. Josh Powell
    was a friend of Dwight Howard’s who was allowed to be a developmental coach or somewhat.

If you see Bobby Brown moved.....then you can expect a PG or combo PG/SG addition soon after.

Edited: quick scouting report on Monta Ellis: Poor 3-pt shooter, with exception when Ellis moves
    or drifts to his right. Defender should position self on Monta’s right hip when beyond 3-point land.
    Poor passer. Looks to go one-on-three (or more) more often than not. Poor to below average
    defender. Unfortunately the NBA game has passed by Monta Ellis.....3-pt shooting be a major
    fixture in today’s game.

#310 ApacheWarrior, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

I honestly thought he lacked the athleticism to play in the NBA from the beginning. The only good thing about him is his passing ability.
    Everything else is below par. No one wants him.

RocketsTerps and vlaurelio like this.
  12. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

I thought Morey signed him so that he can train others how to shoot underhanded free throws?

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

any way we can get julius randle?

14. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

How many draft picks do we have to throw at Philly to get Saric in exchange for Ryno's shooting?

The Greyhound 33 likes this.
  15. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

Love another 3-D wing like Oubre or another playmaking guard off the bench to give Harden and CP3 a break.

16. The Greyhound 33

Houston trades: James Harden
    for
    Boston trades: Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart (cap filler), Aron Baynes (cap filler), Lakers 2018 1st round pick, Kings 2019 1st round pick, Clippers 2019 1st round pick, and the Celtics 2022 1st round pick.

Houston trades: Chris Paul
    for
    Denver trades: Jamal Murray, Kenneth Faried (cap filler), and the Nuggets 2020 first round pick if we're lucky.

Houston trades: Eric Gordon
    for
    New Orleans trades: Ian Clark, Alexis Ajinca (cap filler), and the Pelicans 2021 first round pick. (could maybe squeeze out another pick because they want another wing scorer)

Houston trades: Ryan Anderson
    for
    ANY PICK WE CAN GET

Houston trades: PJ Tucker
    for
    Detroit trades: Luke Kennard and a future second round pick. (First round pick if we're lucky)

Houston trades: Trevor Ariza
    for
    Toronto trades: Pascal Siakam (cap filler), and a future first or second pick.

Houston trades: Mbah a Moute
    for
    Cleveland trades: 2022 first round pick
    or to the Warriors for a 2022 first round pick
    (Moute would make a fine addition to any true contender)

Everyone left and the cap fillers should be on the table for picks. Pay Capela and develop Jamal Murray into a competent star player.

17. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Still think Tereke chooses Houston over DC? They have a better chance (being in the East) to make a deep playoff run as us. Just as I’ve said. They’re a bench player away.

18. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

lol turn off trade override and make this happen

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

watching the lakers away team announcers, "whats wrong the rockets?." ... lol

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I literally feel like I've taking bath salts after reading this post...o_O

Basically you want to dismantle the entire team and start from ground zero? A team that has shown great potential despite only playing together for 3months! The word asinine comes to mind after reading your post! I'm going to bookmark this page for the lulz!!!