1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop blaming the refs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

I Can't believe i read that whole squabble but if this is the way it ends it was worth it lmao

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Lol, I wish. My tolerance is low. Just a few drinks and I am DONE. :(

3. wesbound

wesbound Member

Yes i totally agree and i was trying to convey the same scenarios to friends and others that only chime in after reading some headlines or high lights. I'm not surprise because the media will continue to ride warriors & lebron's co*k as long as they could.

4. JaceMan da SpaceMan

I brake 0 news

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Harden got outSMARTed... Marcus baited him twice and Harden bit both times. It sucks to lose the game on back to back offensive foul calls but they were fouls.

We should blame our last 5 possessions which were Harden iso for 22 seconds and jack up a 3.

Rox11 and J.R. like this.
  6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

PJ Tucker also missed a crucial free throw. :(

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Especially the first quarter.

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I said this in the game thread and will again. If Harden is a Kobe type player meaning he’s the man, then he wouldn’t fall for stuff like this. He just can’t help but do something to provoke the refs every game

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . .. . I would be more panicked but
    the Refs literally cost us 2 of the last 4 games

They were not helpful in the others . . . . but in 2 they f*cked us for sure

Rocket River

darksoul35 likes this.
  12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The hero ball did partly cost us but you cant call those petty charges at the end of games. In 2 separate games! No other superstars would have got that called on them.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets obviously choked the game away, but that first call against Harden was BS, Smart has both his arms around him and he was doing a common mild push off that everyone does to get open. But yea clearly should have not choked a 26 point lead lol.

cbs1507 likes this.
  14. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Bingo. And we choked.

15. MystikArkitect

This is why we need......Chris Paul.

We’re too easy to get jobbed by refs. The game shifted in the 3rd quarter when the Celtics somehow got in the penalty with 8 or 9 to go. Rockets forced to play off more giving up easier shots or free throws. 3rd quarter over and it was single digits. Harden’s forearm shove to create separation can easily be called an offensive foul. I just can’t believe the refs had the gall to call it twice at that juncture. Almost unheard of.

16. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Why can't we do both? I acknowledge that the Rockets did not play with a sense of urgency in the 2nd half until game got close. But how does that excuse the refs from ignore the fact that Marcus Flop...I mean Smart was bearhugging Harden before the inbounds on that first flop. It would've been 2 FT and the ball and they would've fouled us again and we're not talking about this BS.

[​IMG]

#156 cbs1507, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

His arms may appear to be around Harden but he's not "bear hugging" him. The contact from Smart was must less aggressive than Harden's blatant shove. All Harden had to do was cut and move to get open. He really plays with no sense of urgency.

18. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

I'm sorry I don't know anywhere in the the rulebook where it says a defender cannot hold an offensive unless the offensive play pushes back more aggressive after being held by defender. I guess I missed that one. Thanks for clearing it up.

#158 cbs1507, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  19. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That’s the issue, ANY contact would’ve resulted in Smart flopping. It’s up to the ref to differentiate. Tony Brothers was waiting for a reason then called it again as a big FU to Harden

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He was holding him. Their arms were locked and Smart flailed. Harden was really disappointing in the 2nd half tonight, especially in the 3rd when he kept turning it over. But he didn't do anything wrong here other than getting blatantly flopped on.