1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Damn. VEN shot up to 3.11 then back down.

LongTimeFan likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I hear ya. Ill hold on mine until my 1 year mark. For now, i'll put fiat down on ADA and maybe EOS. No point in selling ETH when I can buy 10x of ADA and EOS shares for a fraction of what I bought ETH.

3. The Real Shady

ETH has gone up 54% in the last 7 days. Only in crypto where you can't be satisfied with those returns. I'm guilty as well though since I'm going more into alts.

rezdawg likes this.
  4. The Real Shady

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

$VEN has been a tasty call @DudeWah.

Currently eyeing $smart, $nuls, and $pivx

Going to be bad for crypto to have bcash listed on coinbase -- the name is going to confuse/trick thousands of new people.

The Real Shady likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just to elaborate: This is one of the first times you're seeing a government 100% collaborate with a blockchain developer. Now imagine this project working out and more regions in China partnering up.
    Everyone here should heavily buy VeChain, plus it also means we'll possibly see more blockchains spreading through the world and skyrocketing prices and crypto adoptance.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Would anyone like to get together on a GroupMe app, in addition to the information given here?

I would like to start a Clutchfans Cryptocurrency group in GroupMe. All of this information is gold, but it would be nice to get quicker access of information within the group.

DM me your number and we can start!

Yung-T likes this.
  9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I would start looking towards ark and vertcoin atm. They haven’t inflated in this pump like everyone else has yet. And they are two of the highest exposure - as well as “great tech” - coins.

I’m still in OMG for the same reason.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Only thing that has me worried is how sick this week has been for alts, the growth has been ridiculous.

But I can see the possibility of the market having become so exposed to new investors and FOMO that it will continue. Kind of like a FOMO so big that this won't end anyhow short-term and will only continue to rise throughout 2018.

Many are saying we are at the beginning of the s-curve and it might be true.

oelman44 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It seems that new exposure and FOMO has completely taken over.

We might see a temporary decline for a bit. But as more cryptos get added to coinbase, I think things will jump back up fast.

I think I initially was wrong on how big of a bubble this would be. And I wouldn’t be shocked about it hitting $5-10 trillion or more at peak.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I actually have had both coins -- $ARK I got tired of HODL'ing, the staking rewards were not enticing enough. $VTC I sold for profit. Re: your bubble take -- that would actually be good news, I think. 5 - 10 Trillion will buy us another few years (hopefully) to work this crazy market. It's at half a trillion now, right?

@Tonaaayyyy I'm down -- I feel weird bumping this thread with every piece of price news, FUD, or hype -- I'm sure the bubble crowd will appreciate it not always being at the top too.

Tonaaayyyy likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm becoming convinced that we are all way too pessimistic and conservative when it comes to this.
    People have been so ridiculously low in past predictions and absolutely no one thought we'd see this cap and prices now.

I'm reading about banks, entire countries, the biggest businesses etc wanting to invest into crypto and the mainstream isn't even owning crypto. Then you see the VeChain news of an entire metropolis based on blockchain, today UPS saying they're looking into going completely Blockstream etc.

The potential applications are in every single industry and government area PLUS every citizen, the market cap would be astronomical if this pans out.

Shitty gold reserves alone are at a 7trillion cap, so what will this market look like if it goes into every aspect of this world?

This technology can change the world and is as big as the jump from paper to digital.

Will we maybe see a short-term bubble where prices correct harshly? Not unlikely. But this whole thing is so much bigger and trillions don't cover the potential at all.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I was already anticipating a good 2018 for alt coins but not for the reason of FOMO, more because of the road maps of some of them. But now the FOMO and new investors have accelerated that and now with the road map coming into play and actual products being made the price could really be on the rise like crazy.

Not sure if you guys saw this, my bro sent it to me. Longfin Corp, acquired blockchain technology and their stock went from 39 to like 129 instantly. They have come down a lot now becuase they halted trading etc, but everyone is definitely jumping on the bandwagon.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm transferring my ETH reserves and putting them into ADA.

Let's ride the wave boys.

Hakeemtheking and Yung-T like this.
  16. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Anyone know enough about GBTC ? It's a bitcoin based fund that gone up about 2000% over the last month. Those gains are even higher than buying bitcoin directly.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Yung-T is right about VEN. This is huge news.

Also, reasonable float and market cap. If these guys can get more big customers, this could be our DASH in 2018.

Disclosure: I added 1/2 more of my VEN position and will continue to add on any dips.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

It's horrible, but an easy way to get Bitcoin exposure through a traditional brokerage account. It's a closed end fund, though, meaning if there's more demand than supply, it trades for above it's actual value.

For reference, here's the link:

https://grayscale.co/bitcoin-investment-trust/

Each share gives you ownership of 0.09196847 BTC. Each share trades for $3300, meaning you're basically buying BTC at $36,000. The premium has gone because of stupid people, so that's why it's gone up faster than BTC. (that said, the fund hasn't gone up 2000% in the last month - it's gone from about $950 to $3300, or about 250%).

At some point, when you can buy bitcoin in an open fund or other ways through brokerage accounts, that premium will disappear, meaning that fund will drop by 50%ish.

noscrusir likes this.
  19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yup, I like VeChain as well. I bought that around .54 cents, I am looking to add some more positions as I can.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is the current VEN price a good buy?