1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"There you go" Hubie Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sufiank, Dec 16, 2017.

1. sufiank

sufiank Member

After made opponent bucket. Anyone else?

2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Not sure if you think he is rooting for the other team. Hubie is one of the least biased guys in the business, at least on the air. He is essentially trying to teach basketball to casual fans during a broadcast. He only says "there you go" to break apart his lesson to recognize a play, otherwise he would keep talking while the game is going by. I have also heard him say "there you go" a lot when he is explaining something that then immediately results in a bucket, meaning this is what I was talking about to be the result of what I just explained.

3. nemac

nemac Member

Wasn't he the one praising Fisher's toughness when he gave Scola that cheap shot and got ejected??

Jontro, juanm34 and sufiank like this.
  4. sufiank

sufiank Member

Never heard him use that phrase for us. I thinks he hates our style of basketball because it makes him feel outdated. He rooted for the grizz, then the hornets and now the spurs.

5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Hubie has always gone with the underdog. Watch some of the older Rockets games (when Lowry was the best player) , or games vs the Warriors. I really don't think he's hating on the Rockets. He is a coach/teacher on the air, so if a team is an underdog or losing he is looking to explain how they can get better, make a correction, or come back and win.

#5 BallSoHarden, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

#HubieConspiracy

Killatron 2000 and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Professor Hubie.

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Haha I am glad I got to hear our announcers and not ESPN. I did hear brown on the highlights and it was kinda annoying

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Media conspiracy

Killatron 2000 and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Hubie Brown is not biased at all. He just wants a competitive game.

BallSoHarden, Remlap, cbs1507 and 4 others like this.
  11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

12. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Hubie is great. Love his analysis. He always wants the underdog or losing team to make plays.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the amount of whining is too damn high

14. rocketseagles07

Fam... it's ridiculous. It's like if you're not saying the rockets are the greatest team of the last decade you're a hater. Hubie talked about how different the team was because of defense ALL NIGHT!

News flash we haven't won s*** and we have the best team in the league right now. Enjoy the ride, the rockets are the most talked about team in the league right now by the media you guys claim hates us.

Problem has always been they didn't think what we do in the reg season will translate to the playoffs and for the most part they've been right. We need to prove them wrong PERIOD

15. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Hubie talks that way about everyone, including us. BallSoHarden pretty much nailed it. It's just his style to focus on what the losing team is not doing well at the moment and what they should be doing. The Rockets were pretty much doing everything right last night, so he didn't need to focus that sort of attention on us. Still, he was still complimentary throughout the night on numerous occasions.

Hubie is a legend.

kjayp, BallSoHarden, Patience and 6 others like this.
  16. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hubie is not a hater, he just wants to see a good game. He gave the Rockets at least 20 compliments last night.

Remlap and DreamShook like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

18. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I am constantly defending Hubie in the game threads against comments like the OP. I can not comprehend how anyone could be so selective in listening to a commentary. I mean, Hubie was complementing us all night long. I guarantee you Spurs fans were so sick of it.

When a team is losing, he will start talking like he’s coaching them up. He doesn’t like seeing any team play poorly or get blown out.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was just on Spurs Reddit and they were saying Hubie was in the tank for the Rockets. weird.

BleedsRocketRed and ElPigto like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Like many have already said in this thread,(Even though I thought the Hornets game was a bit much), Hubie roots for the underdog so all the commentary is how the team that is losing can get back into the game.

I would still rather Hubie not call Rockets games though. ESPN has been keeping JVG and Doris away from Rockets games for a long time.. it's ridiculous.

#20 DreamShook, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    BleedsRocketRed and BallSoHarden like this.