1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Hmm. Depending on how many they start uncovering could be the catalyst for a correction.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will kill a lot of alts but at the same time make more people focus on the real products instead of alts that don't have any solid foundation.
    As a holder of things like btc or LTC, this is good for you.

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I don't see the reply that directly addresses it. I missed it. Please share, on phone.

Secondly, tell you what. How much are you willing to risk?

I'll match it and we trade for the next calendar year. Let's see who does better? Straight up.

And no **** more capital traded, more returns overall. I'm talking return % not absolute value. So more capital doesn't mean I'd necessarily get a higher return %. I'm getting great returns on mid-term plays, and very good short term. I'm not saying because I'm making a lot I'm better, I'm saying cause I RISKED it. Something you obviously can't and won't do.

But again, let's go 1 on 1. I can post trades in a private area with the Clutch fans Capital crew watching.

SIL

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Ok, I see your "explanation" now. Again, you had no idea on the scope of the rally. So again, you're just like me, and anybody else, we get lucky. Knowing it'll rally is such a bailout answer. You got to know when it rallys, and catch it before the dip.

I don't do that. I don't claim to. And to your last statement, I've blatantly said...zero skill, all luck. Thinking you can learn and figure this out is such horeshit.

Oh, I know it'll rally. Guess what guys, at some point in time. I think BTC will rally. I'll be spot on, @Yung-T

There's nothing definitive about this. Just like there can't be.

I'll also make a wild claim. Gas prices will go up one day in the future. @Yung-T logic. If gas ever gets over $7, I'll tell ya I told you it'd go up. How much? No clue. But up, for sure.

SIL

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's on page 135, not that hard to miss.

So am I, but your recent stories only show minor flips in a bull phase instead of a longterm story. You didn't accomplish anything, everyone made huge profits during this phase and your ltc was one of the safest bets in the whole crypto space. And the recent gains you made aren't outstanding when compared to people who searched the market and saw which coins would multiply in value shortterm.

This isn't a matter of "can", it's a completely different strategy, which you should understand if you really work in finance.
    Again, you're overconfident because of an extremely outlying bull phase, you didn't risk anything unless you're in an uncertain phase where there's no green indicator on 99% of the market.

1) As I've told you, we're following completely different strategies and I'm a holder doing longterm investments with a different portfolio than a trader would. Not difficult to understand.
    2) I'm graduating in three months and need every penny to start a new life with substantial initial expenses needed, so I surely won't risk any of my money day-trading in 2018 or 2019 and will only do longterm investments that don't hurt me risk-wise.

I even told you of the 20k number that we missed by only a few dollar and that I've been constantly stocking up during this rally since 5k, so I surely got the starting point right instead of waiting for the rally and saying "hey we're in a rally". I also predicted the futures bottom with only 500 bucks off, so there you have it, while you were spouting about 9k-5k.

In general, it's pathetic how you tried to play nice in this thread and got extremely defensive and aggressive as soon as people called out your destructive investment behaviour and intentional non-education.
    This isn't a f****in dick measuring contest and people simply wanted to help you out, so take the helpful advice or follow your own path without being a b**ch.

Grow up and stop being such an insecure person, it's cringe-worthy to see this behaviour. Accept that there are people in this space who educate themselves and are making much wiser investments than you are, it's not an attack on you and no insecure or completely arrogant person would ever take this in an ill-fashioned manner.
    Done with this nonsense, not even sure why I'm replying to this. Don't bother replying if you want to continue this dick measuring bs and need to boast your ego, I won't reply.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I bought Monero and Ark a long time ago.

7. Stack24

It's using the TipBot wallet that is built into Reddit. But it's 20IOTA which is about .000084.

It's actual IOTA not MIOTA which is what we are buying on the exchanges. So hopefully no one got their hopes up lol But hey it's free.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Really hoping we can get back on topic of trying not to buy tops and identifying the next pumps.

Wait - that was legit? I assumed a scam and a few might lose their IOTA...

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

what place did you use to buy it?

11. Stack24

I bought Monero on Kraken when I first got started but they suck and are never up and running. The one thing that is good about them when they are working is that they have a Monero to USD pairing as well as some other ALTS.

I bought ARK on Binance.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Been 18 hours. My coinbase CC purchase still hasn't hit my coinbase. CC has it posted, even CB has it posted in it's ledger, just not in my account. Anyone facing this?

So much for my day trade.

SIL

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Dude you realize I've been buying and HODLING for almost two years now right?

These day-trades are simply the last week or so. I'm doing the same **** you are, but I'm not educating myself on it cause I think the risk outweighs it. I'm prepared to lose it all.

SIL

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Alright guys. Back to your corners.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yung-T to SIL right now:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seeing a bit of a correction today, much needed.

The Real Shady likes this.
  17. Stack24

Nothing like a weekly back and forth to derail the thread a little bit.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Except the fact, I took the risks.

SIL

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

We'll get on track.

Let's get back to it @Yung-T

SIL

20. Major

Major Member

Maybe you'd have benefited from educating yourself on how Coinbase works.

Yes, because educating yourself is a risk. Every time I think you've hit rock bottom, you get even more stupid.

Yung-T likes this.