1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nobody is saying market caps cant double or explode significantly....but in the case of Ripple, what you were suggesting is nearly impossible.

It will take a very long time for a CC to overtake Bitcoin as far as marketcap. It just wont happen any time soon and if/when it does, it will take a series of unfortunate events for that to happen.

So, given your $30 price for Ripple, that would result in over a 1.2 trillion dollar market cap. Bitcoin is currently sitting at 280 billion.

The entire cryptocurrency market cap is 480 billion....so you're essentially saying that Ripple would have a market cap almost 3 times as much as every other coin combined.

That would be impossible.

Now, let's say Ripple overtakes Bitcoin in this hypothetical...that would result in Ripple having a price of just over $7. Even that is not going to happen for a long time.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im not sure what you're going on about. If you're willing to admit you know nothing about this market and its all 'fluff', all I ask is you not confuse new comers who are actually interested in the tech.

Lets be honest here. The way to lose money in this current 30 day market is day trading. Don't encourage people to day trade by pretending your making massive gains when grandma could have diversified her portfolio in the top 10 coins and still make the same gains as you.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Bro don't be tilting. This is crypto. Nobody is saying your trading methods are not gonna be successful, but anyone who understands Buffet principles will tell you know basic **** about a company's ink before you dip your Hodl pen into it maybe?

You're a pro trader and the only thing I have competed with sharks on was DraftKings NBA which I was good enough to be profitable in last season. But I was only good enough because I listened to all the smarter, more successful people and learned how they ticked, how they valued basic things in life, I studied what it was that made a person really good at something that 999 of 1000 of people suck at.

I had the hunger and the love of the game bro.

You have youthful cockiness and maybe did some coke once and watched Wall Street and said **** YES when Gekko went at the Sheener at the end.

Yung-T is probably one of the smartest people on this board and despite being young, wise behind his years. He probably thinks I'm a dick still and am only trying to play nice now to get crypto tips, but that's kind of the implied purpose of the thread so I digress :)

Been on this forum daily for the last 18 years of my life. I've seen them all come and go. People were even calling you Ronny in another thread. But you are no Ronny. Ronny was a formidable troll. You are not a troll. You're a smart guy. Successful guy. Successful people form successful connections. I don't have to tell you that.

TL;DR

Too blazed to keep that one up.

Yung-T and SirIvyLeague like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No it comes up on your wallet that they link to your reddit account I think

rezdawg likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Where can I buy these? Thanks for your help

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Bittrex. Binance.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If anybody new wants a hookup for $10 of Bitcoin when signing up for a CoinBase account hit me up.

I think the only catch is you have to deposit a min of $100. So know that. Also I get $10 too. We both win. Score.

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

If you think throughout your education in cryptospace, you've seen indicators that have led you to see this outcome and convincing enough to invest your money, I'll shut up.

Until then, best advice is expect to lose it all, risk what you can lose, and don't have any expectations on any CC going any direction. **** educating yourself on bulllshit, nothing you learned told you LTCs market cap would double in 2 days. BTC would rise 50% throughout one weekend.

NOTHING. You're fooling yourself with noise, and you don't even ****ing trade. Zero merit. Get lost, don't ****ing pollute us with BS.

SIL

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'm telling you nothing is impossible in this sphere. Unlikely? Sure. Ripple hitting a trilllion market cap is ****ing ludicrous, but so was LTC doubling in 2 days. So was LTC being this strong at the start of the year. My point is simple, you got no idea what to expect.

What if Warren Buffet steps in and says he bought 1 million XRP, suggests dumping BTC in favor of it. What would happen?

I don't know what's more ridiculous, what I said above, a trillion market cap, or anything I've seen in CCs this past calendar year. I want to be ready for it all.

I'm willing to bet any new CC that gets on CB will blow up. Not really a wild guess, but that's as affirmative as I get in this space. Seriously, I put limits up tonight, expect to go to bed and see this thing be $0. This **** is crazy. Making sense doesn't make sense in this game.

SIL

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Don't want to mislead anybody. So I'll be clear.

My only direct advice is put up what you can afford to lose. That's it.

Nobody hear me, and think they can follow me. ****, I can't even follow myself. God knows what's in store for me tomorrow in CC. I just put up something that if I lose, I'll be fine. What I did required zero skill, pure luck and reading some people's emotions. That's it.

There's no skill in this. Educating yourself is a waste of time. Trading cryptos makes zero sense.

SIL

moestavern19 likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is what I'm talking about. Telling people not to educate themselves is completely foolish.

Yung-T and Major like this.
  12. Major

Major Member

Arrogant *and* stupid, a wonderful combination.

Yung-T and Wapzoe like this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bitcoin is pretty much worth more than every bank in this country.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

In HR we use something called the “reasonable person” test. A reasonable person should understand that you should definitely educate yourself, but at the end of the day all of this is shot in the dark.

No sense in sitting on the sidelines studying, when you can just jump in and learn as you go. With in reason of course. :D

15. rezdawg

Im getting on Vertcoin. Dont ask me why...I like it...and I think it'll gain popularity over the course of 2018.

DudeWah likes this.
  16. rezdawg

Ripple up 80% in the last day... :cool:

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Is one of the most hyped coins, so next year you should see gains based on that alone, no matter how the product develops.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Don't invest then. If you don't know how to trade, don't invest. I haven't educated myself at all on the properties of these coins; but I'm confident I can trade.

And results speak for themselves. Educating yourself on something you can't know much about is my point.

@Space Ghost tell me, if you're so educated, **** have you learned these past 10 days. You, too @Major & @Yung-T. Nothing you guys thought happened, happened. Nothing you guys studied, learned, educated yourself upon has led you to THIS conclusion?

Am I right? If not, I'll shutup...but don't tell me to listen to the noise when you guys have been off all day, all night. And I've put legit skin in the game, and have made out well.

It's like a professor applying theory to real life, it doesn't work out. Keep studying scrubs, you'll get nowhere. Study on the sidelines, while the real traders...trade. And actually risk something.

SIL

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Go Ripple!

Ripple
    IOTA
    Vertecoin
    Monero

Are my 3-6 in shares not value held.

SIL

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Strong words coming from someone who mindlessly repeated the "greatest short ever" bs and set "buys back in at 5-11k levels", while I always stated I can only see a mild short and would buy back the latest at a 12k level and that only if it even drops that low.
    Or who makes up "I have a few to be set to sell past $400 resistance. 402-418. If those get lifted, I'm bidding back in at 350-365." numbers (yea, trying to nail single digits in crypto, good luck with that) that you probably are using based on tools from your supposed traditional stocks that don't work in crypto or are either randomly making up.

Again, every brainless monkey would have made money this week by randomly choosing some cryptos, everything is going up and it doesn't mean your portfolio is any good.
    Every person with at least a few hours of educating themselves would have a better portfolio and make more profits given they had your capital.

I don't know whether this is a stupid troll account, but every reputable and even remotely intelligent investor would tell you that your choices and what you're saying here is utterly r****ded and that you're tanking a sh**load of potential profits by doing this idiotic ego trip.
    Making investments without even knowing anything about the products, scam alerts, whether they're even actively developing or how the market cap plays into price potential is just plain idiocy.