1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS 1st take: Deandre Jordan wants to go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 1, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/open-floor-sis-nba-show/id1050847009?mt=2&i=1000395490990

@22:00

Golliver: “Not to just boil this down, but like, DeAndre is a Texas guy. He’s real, he likes the LA climate. He’s mentioned 'warm weather warm weather'. I mean, there was a reason why Dallas was his finalist last year, err not last year, but the last time he was on free agency. So, for a team like Milwaukee that would give me major red flags. It would certainly drive down what I'd be willing to offer to keep him, because I'd be worried that he would just turn around and leave next summer. And for that reason I would definitely look at a team like the Rockets, who already peeled Chris Paul off of the Clippers as another place where -- a little bit of a homecoming vibe for DeAndre, total knowledge that he's going to fit with their system in terms of his finishing ability, upgrade in terms of interior defense. It makes alot of sense and we know Morey gambles too."

@24:00

Golliver: "And it's not just DeAndre's, like, NBA career, his whole life, I mean, college in Texas, ya know, growing up the whole time in Houston. I mean, they, they produced this big TV documentary for DeAndre after he resigned with the Clippers. I think that might have been, ya know, part of their pitch to kinda keep him. And they actually rented out a TV theatre in LA, invited a bunch of people to go watch this movie. And, in the movie it really underscores how much he loves Texas. And that's one reason why I think, that's kinda where my eyes would be, uh, in terms of where he might get dealt".

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Look I would love for teams to be cautious and scared. It would be fantastic if we could get capela for 20-22m per but I just don’t think so.

There is a difference and degree of talent disparity between capela/DJ and the Noel/plumlee level.

Them being considered for 15-18/per just speaks to the value still being held on the PnR center, in which capela is likely the best in the league.

I agree with the calming of “Big spending” we had tho

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO, wait, hmm, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Deckard likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be fine with bringing him in at the minimum if he was bought out or on a small contract if he was a FA in the type of role Dikembe Mutombo had when he was in Houston. Basically he'd be taking the minutes Black gets now.

Unfortunately, I don't want him in any other role or for any more money than that.

5. thekad

thekad Member

The only deal that makes sense to me:

Capela + Anderson to Clippers

Clippers assets + filler to third team

DJ + stretch 4 who can approximate Anderson's value and who makes less than $7 million to the Rockets

So yeah, not really possible.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

i believe the pnr centers are just in a group of themselves. Bc thats basically what the league needs now as far as bigs to win. Obviously you add more value to them with a bigger skillset and higher iq etc. but I honestly dont expect these guys to receive max contracts. Do i see a big raise for CC. of course and deservingly so but under max.

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Exactly what I was going to post.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Flip Clint for who? I don't know. I'm just saying, things change. Players come available throughout the year that we think won't be.

As for DJ, since his contract is almost up, he has the power to basically deny trades by saying he won't play for that team. Ryno isn't such a bad trade piece.

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I honestly wouldn't deal Ryno for DeAndre.

Kinda cool knowing people wanna come here, especially Clippers. **** them.

SIL

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Ok, this is ridiculous.

SIL

11. amaru

amaru Member

Don’t see the fit and more importantly I don’t see the cap room. We’d have to send out Ryno plus another player for Jordan.

I don’t see this being considered unless they feel Capela gets a huge payday.

How is Jordan switching the PnR?

12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

We sit tight and keep an eye out for buyouts to help improve this team.

We wait and pounce on desperate teams during the trade deadline to help improve this for the playoffs.

13. amaru

amaru Member

I was about to say.......then I saw the last line:D

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Absolutely not. Clint is arguably better than DeAndre right now simply because you can actually have him on the floor in the last 5 minutes of the game. Which is no small reason why the Rockets were able to hold off the Cavs at home last month. Yes, DeAndre is bigger, stronger, and can handle more minutes. But Clint is still only 23 years old. Get back to me in a couple years if that's still the case.

The money is basically a wash. DeAndre makes a ton and will demand a ton this offseason. And Clint is gonna be looking to get paid. The real question is who fits the team better now and who you think will be the better player over the course of the next 4-5 year deal they sign. My money is on Clint all the way.

D-rock, Deckard and peleincubus like this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wouldn't either, but if say some bigger juicier apple falls from the tree? We could get away with Jordan at Center for a championship, especially if another star player starts demanding trades...I mean the Cavs got away with Tristan Thompson and the Warriors throw in any regular guy in there.

I'm not sure who that will be and no one is, those things always come out of nowhere though.

But still, the chemistry of this team is such that you don't want to touch it. As long as we are rolling like this no one should be traded.

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Too late, fool!

17. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

huh clint was dominant againist the spurs in the playoffs last year

18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I still remember Hack-a-Howard vividly. I'm not ready for that again.

peleincubus and joeson332 like this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, his improvement at the FT line (without mentioning all the other amazing things he's doing) is definitely worth it. Doesn't mess up offensive flow like it did w/ Dwight when they'd hack him.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member