1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Stats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Nov 27, 2017.

1. riko

riko Member

But you also said Harden is selfish and is unwilling to share the playmaking duties which was false then and is still false. It was Harden who convinced Paul to come here so how is he selfish?.

#61 riko, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

That wont work but OKC has a championship squad with 3 iso players

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is no Matt Maloney, Rafer Alston, or Ty Lawson. He will do though.

5. basketballholic

Oh I know that. But that's stupid. Both players are pass first facilitators. The idea that Rubio would have not worked in this offense is a joke. Paul is proving it right now. True pass first creators are sensational in MDA's offense.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Chris Paul is better than Allen Iverson in terms of overall strength not just scoring.

Best 6'0 player in my books. Mark Price, Tim Hardaway follow after Iverson.

7. basketballholic

Yes I did say that and he was selfish. We had multiple opportunities to acquire Rubio (and others) and he turned thumbs down. That was selfish.

Harden is demonstrating an increased maturity this season. Obviously he wanted Paul. He wants to play with him. And he's sharing the ball with him. So I give him all the credit for that. But up until this season Harden was a selfish player. Which isn't all bad, mind you. But in his case it was bad because of how he made our team one dimensional and easy to defend in the playoffs.

I'm ok with Harden's level of selfishness now playing alongside Paul. He still wants to score or make the assist rather than the hockey assist. But I can live with that easily knowing he defers to Paul as the ball finds space.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agree to an extent. The Postseason starts next year and Harden and CP3 can strive for success. Whatever they did not do in the past does not count.

9. MistaK

MistaK Member

Are you actually serious?

1) Sample size: CP hasn't played a whole lot of games, so a bad shooting night here or there will have a pretty significant effect on his TS%
    Look at CP3 throughout his career. His TS% is in the upper 50s

2) As of today their respective TS% look as follows: CP3 55.1%; Rubio: 52.8%

Yes, CP is turbocharging the offense despite his shot having been off (somewhat at least), what's your point? With CP however that doesn't matter ....defenders will still respect his ability to drive, hit the midrange or pull up from 3. You can't tell me that that's the case with Rubio. Rubio in this system would NOT be turbocharging anything. He'd be a liability like he always is.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I’d say I’m shocked to see Chris Paul, one of the most efficient offensive players of all time, being used to defend Rubio but it would be a lie. Somehow I KNEW we hadn’t seen the last of he Rubio obsession

hakeem94, Htownballer38 and DonKnock like this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's because BBH's too dumb to comprehend one simple fact about Rubio; he can't shoot. Chris Paul on the other hand, he CAN shoot and that is why the vast majority of smart Rockets fans would want CP3 any day of the week but scoff at Rubio. It is true that facilitators do well in MDA's system, but what is also true is that they have all been good to great shooters as well. A player like Rubio would be like tying one of MDA's hands behind his back. We literally would not be able to play Harden and Rubio together, because as much as BBH wants to be delusional about it, Harden is the beating heart of our offense and always will be. This is not a matter of selfishness, but sheer offensive talent.

12. basketballholic

Rubio is not the point here. I DID NOT bring him up. One of your cohorts did. My point last season was we needed to get a distributor at the top of the rotation that was a superior distributor to Harden. We needed more grease. We needed that guy that could get Harden more easy buckets when Harden was out there. We got him. Happened to be a great one. One of the greatest ever distributors. And this offense has become filthy good and is killing teams. In the process, because we are producing so much great offense, our defense has looked better and better as we exchange 3 for 2 and then force opponents to take ill advised contested threes in an attempt to close the gaps we create early in the game.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Why in the world are you bringing up Rubio on a Chris Paul thread. Rubio is not a Rocket and he will never play for Houston period. Man I can't believe after what 5 or so years and you'r still harping on this Rubio nonsense.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yea Rubio sucks.

Adding Chris Paul has nothing to do with "adding a pass first PG", adding Chris Paul has everything to do with "adding another top ten player"

The presumption here is that substituting Rubio, or Rondo, or Scott Machado or whatever "pass first point guard" would yield similar results. Its still a dumb opinion.

15. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

That idea stems from the fact that Rubio can't shoot or spread the floor. It's not exactly a crazy take.

16. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

He can't make layups either. His career FG% from 0-3 feet is 47.9%.

Chris Paul - 61%
    Patrick Beverley - 56.1%
    Jeremy Lin - 59.5%
    Goran Dragic - 66.1%
    Kyle Lowry - 59.2%
    Aaron Brooks - 50.4%
    Rafer Alston - 48.9%

He's worse at finishing at the rim than Rafer Alston!

17. basketballholic

What you still don't get is when a facilitator, a great creator, a great passer, is on the floor with three great shooters and a great PnR finisher, his shooting doesn't matter as long as he gets the pick.

Simmons is proving this to you in Philly. Wake up.

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

So now we're comparing Rubio to Ben Simmons lol?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

what you still dont get after all these years is rubio is not a threat offensively.

simmons is proving it in philly? well hes actually a threat offensively. there is no comparison there

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Oh cool, the whole board is arguing Rubio with 'holic again. Excellent Chris Paul stats thread!

The Hunted and J Sizzle like this.