1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Rockets loss stings you to this day?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Nov 28, 2017.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

still better than the NFL

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

What about a regular season loss? That game winning Tim Duncan block in 2015 was TRASH

BigggReddd likes this.
  3. Mr Chuck Norris

That Lillard shot hurt me a lot...... like a lot...

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

1993 game 7 vs Sonics

Yao breaking his foot vs Lakers in playoffs.

2015 game 2 at warriors lost by 1 point. Probably would have lost anyway but who knows.

joeson332 and heypartner like this.
  5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Me too. We probably reacted like these guys:

BigggReddd likes this.
  6. Soneca

Soneca Member

Recalling all those losses, specially game 7 against the Jazz in 07, I just realized that until 2 years ago I'd still be so glad if we were able to get past the 1st round. Man, I truly celebrated after we were done stomping over Dirk's corpse in '15. The continuing injury related frustrations during the Yao-TMac years were so disturbing. We're living the good times once again, how nice it is to expect nothing less then a WCF battle against one of the greatest teams of all time. Anything short of that will be a huge disapointment.

joeson332 and papoose115 like this.
  7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

reminds me how much i hated Boozer and that Utah team, but still the 2005 playoff loss to the Mavs where Michael Finley stepped out of bounds and poked the ball away from berry also comes to mind, again i have Mavs and Utah, that's always going to be true....

joeson332 likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Looool I was there buddy. People were throwing ****

joeson332 likes this.
  9. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Definetely the tmac I gave up on houston busted layup against the dinos.

joeson332 likes this.
  10. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Definitely the first 2 games of the '15 WCF against the Dubs. Both games we were within a point or two under a minute (especially game 2). If we split those or somehow won both, it could've drastically changed everything.

joeson332 likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lillard game

The one where J lin misses that easy layup against the Blazers

Game 7's against the Jazz

Brandon Roy buzzer beater

12. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Every loss hurts me and have hurt me for the last 25 years.

#32 seeingredtx, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    joeson332 likes this.
  13. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Game 6 of the 96-97 west conf finals against Utah . Never been so mad at my mom telling me in a sarcastic voice " awww, maybe next year"

joeson332 likes this.
  14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not getting to see Dream defeat MJ in the Finals hurts the most.

joeson332 likes this.
  15. JaceMan da SpaceMan

Los to Kyle lowy rapter

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG] I remember going crazy yelling at the TV. Worst playoff series ever.
    [​IMG] The shot that killed our chances to go to the Finals and Three-Peat.
    [​IMG] When McHale let LMA have open gym shooting practice and this **** happened.

Those were all tough, but I've made peace with those moments. The one Loss that really stings that I still remember the hurt today when I think about that night was Game 4 2005 Playoffs with the Mavericks. I was at the game...in the cheap seats (Section 402). I remember thinking like many that "Oh we got this. We took 2 on their court. No one comes back from 0-2. Especially when we took it from their court." Then they took Game 3. So I was thinking "No f***king way they take 2 Ws on our court and tie this up. It was one of the most stressful games I think I've ever been to. They had the lead, then we had the lead. Then they would catch up. It was a grinding game and it felt like I was watching us lose in some slow motion train wreck and we were all helplessly watching this game get taken from us. Series tied up 2-2 and going back to Dallas. Just sucked the air out of the arena. Everyone left the Toyota Center quiet and stunned.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

It's got to be the Jazz game 7 and Mavs game 7 for me....I didn't expect the late 90s team to have a chance against the Bulls and i didn't expect the Harden Dwight team to do anything if we got past Portland.

What was so disappointing about losing to Utah and Dallas was that Yao and T-Mac had the full potential to be a championship duo and there was no one in the EC i was afraid of had we gone to the Finals. We weren't the best regular season teams, but i believe they were built for the playoffs with defense and star power, just couldn't get it done due to bad match ups and stubborn refusal to adapt or injury.
    I think also another huge disappointment was that we never really got to see that monkey off of T-Mac's back had he finally got past the 1st round. The man was a beast in his playoff career, imagine how much better he would have been if he finally got past his demons and played free of that.

Game 7 vs Utah and watching Boozer and Harpring get so many OREB's over Yao and Okur nailing open 3's b/c Yao couldn't get there in time. Ugh. It's amazing to me how T-Mac got so much blame when that game was all on JVG and Yao. Against the MAVS, at least we have the injury excuse..i mean...Ryan freaking Bowen was our starting PF. Shame that Rick Adleman didn't ever really get a fully healthy team in the playoffs.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This was my reaction. I even yelled "NOOOO" when I saw Lillard breaking open

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Most depressing thread ever...