1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He's the secret State Farm twin of Sergio Llull.

2. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Looks like it’s Oscar from The Office

robgue likes this.
  3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

it was a good trade no doubt, but i disagree that his in his prime. i don't think he was last year either.

4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Does this mean State Farm is dropping him as a rep?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Thats what it seems like... Dont see why they couldnt just carry him over while in Wooston? Media Conspiracy.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well Cp3 is just 32 yrs old and unlike other players who dominate via his athleticism Cp3 does it via his skills.

Just look at Harden man he is 28 you think he will become a role players in 4 years?

7. hakeemthagreat

Too many basketball fans without any knowledge or substance nowadays. They can tell you all of Lebron's stats from his rookie year, but don't put any value in the lesser known NBA role players. No these guys aren't worthless. I actually think ALL of them have the potential to be solid NBA players for years to come. Lou is a crafty veteran. Harrell's a legit backup PF/C that has time to grow. Dekker is a athletic SF/PF that is smart, can run the floor but needs work on his shot. I actually think we miss that energy coming off our bench this year. You need high energy guys to fill out your bench. Though I'm glad he's here, I do think we gave up too much to get CP3

8. jcmoon

who said he was a role player? there is a big difference between "in his prime" and a role player. He didn't guard the best opposing guard last year, austin rivers did, but still somehow managed to win first team all defense. I'm guessing that is a thing of the past, because he doesn't even fight around a screen. if he was in his prime, he could play both ends of the court like he used to. he's 32 and on the decline athletically, it may be a slow decline, but he's not "in his prime".

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wrong wrong wrong on most counts.

While Lou is a "crafty vet" he wasn't a good fit and was a bad experiment. And tbh we acquired him more as a means to shed brewer.

Harrell is NOT a legit backup pf/c. He is extremely short and not nearly thick enough to be a backup C. He was emergency injury let's just throw him in at the 5 because he can dunk player. He can't play the 4 because he can't spread the floor. He is not getting time in lac b cause he's not a good rotation player.

Dekker, while athletic, is not some super athlete. He did good in our system because he can run in transition and he really wasn't that good. He isn't a quality defender and he can't shoot. He can run, whoop di do. Again he is not a rotation player and hasn't been in lac.

"Potential" is all fine and dandy, but olawakandi had potential. Thabeet had potential. Lots of players have "potential".

We need upgrades now and we got that x 1000. The only loss was bev and we had to use him for salary. Got to give to get.

#1969 BigMaloe, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    OTMax, DonKnock, photojoe and 2 others like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

There are only 15 roster spots. Would you rather have Dekker and Harrel or PJ Tucker and Luc Mbah Amoute? You accuse my post of having no substance but your post is the one that has no substance. "A crafty veteran"? What does that even mean? What does a "crafty veteran" produce? You just said nice things about these players and concluded we gave up too much for Chris Paul. How nice would it be to have an unlimited roster size and unlimited capspace? Then we can keep all the nice players who will turn out to be solid vets in the entire world. Sadly the NBA doesn't work like that, how many young players have the potential to turn into solid NBA vets? These guys are a dime a dozen as we've seen with Luc, Speights, and all the NBA vets who are only making chump change in this league.

Chris Paul is a superstar and is universally regarded as a top 3 pg in the league. How many dekkers and harrells is he worth? Be serious, would you trade Harden for Malcolm Delaney, DeAndre Bembry, Luke Babbit and a low first round pick?

Sorry but you come off as extremely dumb the moment you say trading off these role players is "giving up too much" for Chris ****ing Paul. Dekker and Harrell aren't exactly prized spoils for the Clippers. How many minutes are they getting over there?

Downtown Sniper and BigMaloe like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Paul Says Goodbye to Cliff Paul

... Paul’s newest State Farm spot (debuting below) reveals the fate of Cliff, and also coincides with an eBay auction Paul will hold to benefit victims of Hurricane Harvey. Bidders can purchase items such as autographed artwork, sneakers, jerseys and more. In addition to the auction, Paul is also working with State Farm to help rebuild libraries and schools in Houston affected by the hurricane.

The Crossover caught up with Paul to discuss his acting career, helping out his new home and more.

Rohan Nadkarni: What’s it like for you to act out the scenes in which you’re also playing Cliff Paul?

Chris Paul: What you mean how do I act? That’s really my twin brother.

RN: Oh, of course, that’s your brother. My bad.

CP: [Laughs] It's been a lot of fun. The very first one we ever shot, I remember they thought on TNT that I was shooting a movie. It's been a lot of fun doing this part and I’ve been doing this for so many years now.

RN: So your good friend LeBron James has also dipped his toes into acting. Is that something you guys get competitive at all over?

CP: It’s not competitive or anything like that. It’s definitely something I’m into. Living in L.A. is one thing, but I’ve always been into movies and TV shows. One thing you learn when you play in the NBA for a while, you learn to get into TV shows during all your idle time.

RN: So you’re also a member of the Hoopers—why are those guys always getting into trouble?

CP: What you mean why they getting in trouble?

RN: They’re always knocking over trees or ruining homes, I figured as the leader of that group you would be trying to whip them into shape.

CP: I wish, I wish. But if they never did anything wrong, they’d never need State Farm would they?

RN: Have the Hoopers met Cliff Paul?

CP: They haven’t met. Cliff is usually busy at work assisting people. One of these days maybe the Hoopers will invite them over for dinner or something like that.

RN: What’s it been like for you moving to Houston and then dealing with the fallout of the hurricane?

CP: Man, you know basically as a new Houston resident, it’s been really cool to see how resilient the people in this community have been. Along with my family and my foundation and State Farm—one of the great things about our partnership is it’s about more than fun and funny commercials. They’ve put some real meaning behind “exist to assist.” We’ve put up a lot of learning centers around the country. And that’s where I’m actually headed to right now, another one.

RN: Do things feel back to normal for you at all?

CP: Obviously, different areas were affected in different ways. The biggest thing you see is how much people come together. You hate that it takes these type of occurrences to bring people together, but it happened, and to see—we practice a lot, and I don’t always get an opportunity to go out and see different areas—but you see things like, these two rival schools we’re actually helping today. One of these schools got destroyed in Harvey. So students are going to their rival school right now, can you believe that?

RN: I know you wish you could be on the court, but how excited are you about the Rockets’ hot start?

CP: It’s been very exciting. We got a great group. Obviously I played in just one game of the season so far. I’m itching to get back out there. I continue to travel with the guys, I can rehab on the road. Man, I can’t wait. We expect to have a lot of fun this year.

RN: Is there any limit to the number of threes you guys cans shoot?

CP: No! No, that’s the thing that I’m learning too. Coach D’Antoni, he wants us to get up at least 50 threes a night.​

DonKnock, BigMaloe and RHU525 like this.
  12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You think if Paul does not work out in terms of #'s. If hes really serious about winning a championship, would he take a lesser contract to stay here. I don't see pay this player just because of what he did in LA, and or NO for his time. If he can't mesh with the Beard, you would think the rockets could either get him on a stellar contract. 3/30, and try and get someone this free agency to come aboard to form a superteam like lebron.

Rockets would let capela go. Lebron and D.Jordan signs , Jordan to join in with long time team mate paul , and james to play around harden.

Paul, Harden, James, Moute, Jordan. I see this perfect senario. You can take out Lebron and Harden, and have paul playing ole school ball that he remembers with Jordan. Rockets would be good. Rockets might have to trade Anderson thou, which might not be too bad on his last year, where he could be forced to opt out.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

3/30 for Chriss ****ing paul??? that's not a pay cut , that's like playing on a minimum contract for a player with his skills.The Rockets would be ecstatic to get discount from CP3 but don't expect a 25mil a year discount.

14. jcmoon

the bare minimum would be 20 million a year. durant took what? 22?

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I doubt the rockets will even ask him to consider one. Expect them to offer the five year max without batting an eye, unless injury issues are still in play.

The entire purpose of the trade was to guarantee him his max. The rockets have been hyping how they take care of their stars ever since that deal.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  16. jcmoon

i think tilman addressed that his press conference...he said something to the effect of leaving it to morey, and that you're not supposed to pay the luxury tax unless a team reaches the finals....he also said he looks at businesses long term, so he doesn't mind losing money in the beginning, to gain long term....i don't think paul is getting the max unless we reach the finals and beat the warriors. i would pay paul based on his performance on how far we get in the play offs. if we get beat in first round: 20. second round: 25? conference finals: 30? NBA finals: 35?

if we still can't beat the spurs with chris paul and all these other role players, can you really justify paying him 35 a year or even 30? what if we lose to teams with big front courts: memphis, spurs? or what if we get beat by the thunder?

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

When does he get here?

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

#Soon

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. Rockets4Life13

Fk Lebronzo

LeJames Paul is the thing