1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official YoYo Thread] Zhou Qi assigned to Vipers [UPDATE: Back with Rockets]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 6, 2017.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bigtexx?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, hell no.
    He's not creative as me. And he wouldn't know who the hell Yi is.

Would he recognize Cassell?

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

and ...

he's back down to Vipers

BigMaloe and amaru like this.
  4. jogo

jogo Member

From CBSsports https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/rockets-zhou-qi-sent-to-g-league/

Qi was assigned to the G-League on Wednesday, Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston reports.

Qi has seen action in just five games with the Warriors, averaging 1.8 points and 1.2 rebounds across 5.4 minutes. He's not a member of the regular rotation, so he'll head to the Vipers in order to get extended reps. Look for Qi to move back and forth between the two leagues all season long.

They wish they had him on their team.

Media conspiracy.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I won't call you brother, but damn do I respect you!

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don't think it's fair to call tinman out for his critism of Qi. If you want to draw a pattern then you've got an n of 2 with Jeremy Lin. But both these players have/had substantial flaws in their games. It's fair to speculate in that situation, and I certainly thought it at the time, that spending a mid-2nd round pick on Zhou Qi was likely just a publicity stunt to maintain the Chinese fan base. He's shown since then that he has a glimmer of potential, that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel no matter how unlikely it is. Being half Chinese though I just want to defend tinman; if you have watched Zhou Qi in his Rocket games so far, he's clearly still not ready.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Brother!
    I saw him miss like almost 20 3 pointers in summer league and the NBA. Just because people think he's the b*stard child of Yao Ming and Porzingis doesn't translate that he's going play like it.
    Also I've met heypartner during the Yao era when he was wearing a Luther Head jersey. The newbs are affecting his memory and his heart knowing that no 99ers discriminate on Rockets players based on country of origin.
    There's absolutely a double standard on Clutchfans.
    Criticize any player you like unless it's their favorite player.
    @heypartner is old just like me, he's seen MANY SEASONS of OVERHYPED draft picks
    People like him cause he's like mini-Yao like that mini-Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy

Year
    Lg Rd Pk Player College
    NBA 2 43 Isaiah Hartenstein
    2017 NBA 2 45 Dillon Brooks University of Oregon
    2016 NBA 2 37 Chinanu Onuaku University of Louisville
    2016 NBA 2 43 Zhou Qi
    2015 NBA 2 32 Montrezl Harrell University of Louisville
    2014 NBA 2 42 Nick Johnson University of Arizona
    2013 NBA 2 34 Isaiah Canaan Murray State University
    2011 NBA 2 38 Chandler Parsons University of Florida
    2008 NBA 2 54 Maarty Leunen University of Oregon
    2007 NBA 2 54 Brad Newley
    2006 NBA 2 32 Steve Novak Marquette University
    2004 NBA 2 55 Luis Flores Manhattan College
    2003 NBA 2 44 Malick Badiane
    2002 NBA 2 38 Tito Maddox California State University, Fresno
    2000 NBA 2 38 Eduardo Najera University of Oklahoma

The_Yoyo likes this.
  8. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol Tinman... No one 'overhyped' Zhou Qi. A few members saying he has potential doesn't mean he's 'overhyped'.

And your list is stupid. No one overhyped Hartenstein, nor Dillon Brooks, nor Chinanu, nor Montrezl, nor Brad Newley lmao

D-rock likes this.
  9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What the hell is a an n of 2? And what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Furthermore space mouth... I don't have a problem with tinman, but I do have a problem with his 99er shtick

#89 Roc Paint, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Zhou Qi is still learning NBA basketball, but he excels drawing charges wirelessly.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Qi 10pts 4rbs 1ast 5blks in 2nd Vipers game.

Dude is a rim protector for sure

D-rock and saleem like this.
  12. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

does he have border line all star potential? if not what needs to be done to get there out side from the obvious like bulking up.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Handle is weak, and not a good shooter

14. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Not a good rebounder either.

15. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

He has great handle for a 7 footer, shot quite good percentage (60~70% FG) in the CBA too.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol Anderson is nowhere near 20M, maybe 7M is more like it. If he was a free agent right now I doubt any team pays him 20M a year, he might even be Luc'd and sign for the vet min after his disastrous play last playoffs.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

N = sample size.

The price of tea in China, as well as the likelyhood that tinman is racist and not just unlucky, completely depend on it.

You should go on Coursera and learn some basic stats. It's easy, free, and you'd probably enjoy watching basketball a little more, since Morey is at the helm.

Rashmon likes this.
  18. VanityHalfBlack

@tinman, you gotta give migos that one. I laughed. This exchange is going to be good folks. Strap on in. I'm ready.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Who has overhyped anyone, on tinman's list? People might have been disappointed or overly angry because a pick didn't pan out, but only because that player played for us.

Rational people wouldn't get mad if the 40th pick in a 60-person draft didn't pan out.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you want to debate semantics, then you can certainly argue that Qi has been overhyped relative to the attention given to comparable players on the Rockets (Hartenstein, Wiltjer last year). Looking to the cause of this increased exuberance, there’s no question it’s because he’s from China. Nothing wrong with this; it is what it is. Calling a spade a spade doesn’t warrant accusing people of being systemically biased against an entire race.