1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Y do Rockets players keep quiet about atmosphere at TC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

put this exact roster in many other places and they’d be playing in front of a packed house every night with the home games being deafening, but in Houston it’s like meh

rocketseagles07 likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

#82 heypartner, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The issue is that folks are not showing up to their seats at tipoff, specifically in the playoffs, even though Toyota Center is essentially selling out. We can all speculate as to why that might be, but the fact is that it is VERY REASONABLE for a fan to be upset that our home court advantage is not an advantage, because for whatever reason, we can't get butts in seats on time. No one is blaming Houstonians here that I can see. We want to win, and that's all. Personally, whether YOU can afford the tickets or not, is completely beside the point, and just bizarre that you would even bring that up.

By your same logic, an individual that can't afford tickets should not be annoyed at ticket buyers not showing up on time for tipoff (In the playoffs).

In my opinion that is completely absurd.

CapelaOnlyFan, napalm06 and Houstunna like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wasn’t the parade on Friday? The Jazz game was on Sunday.

5. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

The reason for the empty seats is the Toyota center seats are just too expensive

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. jdjd

jdjd Member

I haven't read through everyone's post, but as a person that had a seat directly behind the goal (close enough to help make the other team miss a couple free throws). I haven't read, thus far what I see as being the real reason hardly anyone is in there seats at the start of games. It's because the TC is too nice of a place to lounge around at on the first level. You get so relaxed that you never even notice the game has started. I used to be one to complain about it too, until I caught myself not going to my seat until five minutes into the game. Maybe if they made a bigger deal about the game ABOUT to start in the bars and kind of tried to push the people out, maybe we could look a little better on TV. But when your there, your really not thinking about TV.

OTMax and heypartner like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

brain fart. carry on ...

8. Roxs-Redemption

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

dont think this is a valid excuse. compared to other contenders ticket prices for rockets games are reasonable.

napalm06 likes this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

So cannot even get a full house against Lebron? Pathetic!!!

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

On TV, i see more cavs fans than rockets fans... Wtf.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

“defense” chants are so weak, empty seats everywhere

no noise to help energize the team or at least make Cleveland feel like they’re playing a road game

pathetic

13. Roxs-Redemption

Did Beverley take the fans crowd hype away? :/
    He was definitely energizing the crowd when he was here...

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm not sure why you find "those seats are not generally affordable to those who would be on time and make the most of them" to be a bizarre argument. Okay, tho.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

3 posts in 4 pages, so might be more, on another forum of random fans in today’s games thread mention our horrible crowd and confused at the lack of attendance... :(

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But, that's not my argument. Okay doe.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

I tell you what, Houston economy really is hurting.

With the oil price going back up, it will help.

But the attendance was terrible for a nationally televised and important game.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks for your contribution, now that's interesting! So they do not even mention the game starts when you're roaming around the arena? No screens are up there?

In terms of noise, the Rockets are trying everything to get the crowd hyped. All those videos about making noise, get loud etc.

#98 OTMax, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  19. jdjd

jdjd Member

Yes they have screens up there. I believe I went on a Monday or a Thursday and the big screen was on the football game of that night. There were so many people hanging around the big screen watching that, that a lot of us didn't even see that the Rockets had started. Maybe the new owner will do a little something about that, but we were watching the football game like we were at a sports bar. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining because it was nice and I would do it again. But most of the people on here complaining probably never have had the opportunity to be blessed with a ticket in the lower bowl section anyway. I'm no longer complaining, my ticket was a gift.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I keep laughing when everybody thinks Houston is the only city that has corporate types in the good seats.

All cities do. Houston fans just don’t get into basketball till the playoffs. This includes the 93 and 94 regular seasons.

The only stretch where there was juice pre-game was the dawn of the Barkley era, while they were in the midst of their record sellout streak.