1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Logic makes zero sense.

If everybody and their mother keeps calling Anthony Bennett a bust as the No. 1 overall pick, is he really a bust? Yes. If repeated, does it make him any less of a bust? No.

One doesn't automatically shed a label just because it keeps getting repeated. I can edit my post if it'll un-rustle your jimmies, tho.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ha! i see what you did there.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Good trade for Milwaukee. Bledsoe can play and doesn't have to pretend to be the alpha anymore, since it's quite clear he's not that type of player.

As for the Suns, if anything, it just makes them less relevant. Which sounds about right.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not really a good logical analogy. A Bust, while also somewhat a Perception issue, isn't something that can change anymore with Bennett. "Underrated" is more similar to "Best kept secret" like Luc Mbah a Moute. If everyone keeps talking about it, it's no longer really a secret.

Here's a better analogy than the Bennet "Bust" one. In HS/College, if a guy says, "She's no 10, but she's very underrated, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge." Well, if everyone then dates her to confirm ("say no more, nudge, nudge"), she's not really underrated anymore, amirite? :cool:

Also, image an NBA Award for Most Underrated Player. Winners aren't really underrated anymore, no?

Beside, Conley at one point was the highest paid NBA player in history -- first to get a full, 5yr 30% Max contract under the 2016 Cap boom.

#44 heypartner, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Mathloom and hakeem94 like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure Bledsoe is an Alpha, Beta or Charlie. I think he is more of a 6th man.

Not thrilled with the Bucks cashing in draft picks for a guy that really doesn't make them much better.

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Good trade for both considering the circumstances. Bucks always made sense.

heypartner likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Cavs?

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Let him make an all-star team. Lillard played in two all-star games. Even Lowry's made the all-star team three times. The perception of Conley hasn't changed much. He has no star power and people chided him for getting that huge contract even though he's largely earned it since then. The casual fan doesn't even know who he is. People would put IT or Lillard over him because POINTS, even though he is far better than them defensively.

The only recognition he's gotten is all-defensive 2nd team in 12-13 even though he's one of the best defensive guards in the league. Don't let a bunch of diehard fans on forums color your perception on whether he's rated properly.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

If pick rolls over to 2020 it is protected 1-7. In 2021 the pick would be completely unprotected

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think bledsoe will show his worth in the playoffs. he gets up for big games and has delivered spectacularly in the past

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is that sarcasm I detect? I honestly can't remember him delivering anything except injuries and crushed dreams. I remember a couple solid games with the Clippers off the bench, as a 6th man.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I don’t even remember Bledsoe ever being in the playoffs.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You must not understand the word rated and bust. If people say you're underrated, multiple times. It means you're rated higher than status, thus not underrated.

When people say you're a bust a lot. It doesn't make you a success.

The word bust and rated mean different things. Your example is ****ing stupid.

SIL

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

in an elimination game as a 22yr old player who had averaged just 3pts in the regular season...

RudyTBag likes this.