1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Porzingis vs Towns

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by malakas, Nov 5, 2017.

?

Who's better?

1. Unicorn

63.2%
  2. KAT

36.8%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

It lately has become a great debate who is better among these two young players.
    Who you got?

Porzingis has been playing great lately, albeit with a huge USG% while Towns seems to have stagnated especially in his Defence.

2. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I chose Porzingis, only because his defense, although nothing to write home about, is several levels above KATs'. I think KAT is slightly better in offense though.

roslolian and malakas like this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

KAT and I dont think its all that close. In the long term porzingis will be more injury prone because Porzingis is white

Huricane likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah Porzingis Defence is miles better, considering KAT is one of the worst.
    But Porzingis is also worse in rebounding and post game and seems to be more injury susceptible.

It's very interesting to see the rates of improvement in those two.
    Porz has put on some more weight and strength this year.

The question to me is basically if you believe Kat will ever become a league average defender.
    It's his third year now, and he has no clue when it comes to rotations and team defence.
    He's a Center and that's a fatal flaw.

ilias and Koperboy like this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Also don't forget Porzingis is absolute focus of every opponent's team defense, unlike KAT.

Huricane and malakas like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i haven't seen enough of either to comment. but KAT took capela out of action for a month last season so i'm going with porzi

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

KAT plays in the Western Conference so his numbers are more impressive.

or does this logic only work when it comes to Lebron?

9. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Porzingis has more focus, determination, drive and a much, much better work ethic.
    Karl-Anthony Towns is more physically gifted and naturally talented, but he is clue-less.
    While KAT has been praised for his work ethic, he is definately not Kevin Garnett, who's work ethic was relentless.

If Porzingis can stay healthy, in the long run, he will be the better player.

Koperboy and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

I agree.

My only skepticism is white dudes in the nba seem over matched physically and get hurt a lot. We shall see

Dirk seemed to last really well

11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

KAT has been one of the most underrated players in the last few years. Last year, the T-Wolves are a 19 win team without him (12.5 Win Shares, same as Westbrook). He can shoot, post up, ISO, and can rebound with the best of them. The Wolves are a perennial dumpster fire organization, and Wiggins is little more than a poor-mans T-Mac. The only reason Porzingis is regarded in the same stratosphere as KAT is the fact that he plays in NYC, Porzingis isn't even as good as Myles Turner, who is another young, skilled bigman who gets overlooked.

Nothing against Porzingis, I love watching him play, but he's the 3rd (albeit a very close 3rd) best player from that draft class.

12. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

He won't be injury prone cus he's white, and might get dunked on by a black guy, thats an unfounded and ludicrous statement. He will always be on injury watch because the Human Body isn't meant to be 7' 3", let alone run 2 miles a day at 7' 3". Yao Ming learned this the hard way

So did Ralph Samson
    So did Manute Bol
    So did Gheorge Mershaun
    So did Shawn Bradley
    And so will Joel Embiid

Huricane likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Yeah i agree bro. Throw his whiteness slow twitch muscle on top of that and yikes!

14. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

lamo I think bone density is encouraged by physical training, not sheer muscle mass, and bone injuries tend to be the bane of tall dudes.

Of course now that I say that Porzingis will probably suffer a career ending injury when Raymond Faton tries to dunk on him and crushes his white boi bones under his fat ass

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Isn't even as good as Myles Turner? Just stop. I'm a UT alum and a huge fan or Turner but that is just ridiculous.

At this point I'm still taking Towns but it's extremely close right now.

tmactoyao likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Ayyyy credit where credit is due though. Phil jackson drafted this boy and it wasnt an obvious pick.

Knicks fans booed, SAS was livid saying he hoodwinked them haha.

Good move by jackson. It was not a no brainer 4th overall draft choice

17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I've heard that Hinkie would have selected Kristaps at 3 if ownership didn't intervene:
    http://www.phillyvoice.com/reports-...e-take-jahlil-okafor-over-kristaps-porzingis/
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/01/19/report-sixers-owners-unwilling-kristaps-porzingis/
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/25...afting-jahlil-okafor-over-kristaps-porzingis/

Jackson said that he would have drafted Okafor, but props to him for not going out and going full Magic and picking a bust like Hezonja.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Hinkie couldve made his process legit AF and turned that team around like the astros did but ownership didnt support him enough I think.

Next time I make a couple billion ima buy an nba team and hire sam hinkie. Id give that fool a ton of freedom

19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

20. what

what Member

Porzingus looks like the first player since KG that I thought was worthy of an Hakeem Olajuwon comparison. The guy is electric.