1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Behind the Scenes at the DNC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Nov 2, 2017.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Great article from the former interim chair of the Democratic National Committee, as too what actually happened behind the scenes.

Stories likes these are why Hilary isn't trusted / was not a good candidate. Certainly better than Trump, but Bernie should have been our candidate. Also, what the ****, Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

4. TheresTheDagger

Even Democrats finally admit what a piece of garbage Hillary Clinton was/is. Too bad they waited so long to figure it out.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What do you mean, finally? Lol I voted for Bernie but everyone knew she was sleazy. She's just not an ignorant, mentally ill, racist buffoon like your boy. Errr... congrats on that.

zksb09, mtbrays, peleincubus and 2 others like this.
  6. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

These people can't control their own Political Party and overspend needing a bailout.

Laughable as they're supposed to run our country.

This goes for political parties in general as they love getting friends consulting gigs and
    government jobs and all this bs.

That's why reducing the size, scope and power of federal government is the only real solution.
    Stick to defense, enforcing the law and some basic limited power for the EPA, FDA etc.
    so people are dumping toxic waste in rivers and that companies are liable for bad products.

States can build roads, public schooling, law and fire and some public welfare.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's terrible. Wish they put up a better candidate, and I don't mean geriatric 65+ yr old Vietnam Era boomer assholes either.

Buck Turgidson, peleincubus and B-Bob like this.
  8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There was a time when a politician's job was to represent the people. Now their biggest focus is getting reelected and staying in power.

Both parties are complicit in the election of Trump.

zksb09 likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@SamFisher you know we're almost always on the same side here in the D&D but you owe the Bernie supporters an apology tbh

ipaman likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, we have always loved and worshipped her, until yesterday! It's like opening my eyes for the very first time!!

Granville, FranchiseBlade and ElPigto like this.
  11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The most corrupt politician of our time and this isn't some Russian conspiracy either.

12. B-Bob

Wow, and here I thought Russia really loved Hillary Clinton. (responding to whatever he posted without clicking "Show Ignored Content".)

But on the real, no, I've never been a fan of Hillary. Jesus, most of us were so totally open and plain about that before the election. I was also pretty plain in my confusion that people (on both sides of the aisle here) had a weird notion that a political party's governance is supposed to be a squeaky clean democracy. It could be, but it's like a club, and historically, clubs don't elect to leadership members who joined a fortnight ago. They reward long-time dedicated operators who get muddy and mucky. I'm not saying that's good. But none of these "revelations about Hillary Clinton" (TM) have ever surprised me. I have always wished, and I still wish, that Bernie would freaking stay in the party and help reform and transform it. It's so much easier to be independent and run his social media campaigns, run the interview circuit, until he wants to run again. Sigh.

zksb09, durvasa and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Who needs wikileaks when you can just give everyone a book deal?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This is the issue; There are maybe one or two open Trump supporters on this forum, but the usual crows here constantly label anyone who doesn't constantly blast Trump and/or are very critical of Hillary as Trump supporters. These same people frequently defend Hillary and claim Hillary really isn't bad and people only dislike her because she is impersonal. They demand proof of her corruption and unethical behavior. There are many here who really believe the Clinton Foundation is ethical.

I dont fault people who vote for Trump or Hillary if they give a rational explanation. I voted Libertarian and I openly admit Johnson is worse than Hillary and Trump combined. No, Hillary would not be out there constantly dividing and manipulating the country like Trump, but Hillary is just as despicable as Trump. Neither deserve to be the nominees of their parties and both sides are just as responsible for letting each of them make it this far.

We have these terrible candidates because people continue to play team politics and pretend their party is righteous. The RNC check out a long time ago and the DNC continues to entangle themselves with preservation of power within. I have no faith in the RNC and its depressing those on the left thrive on falling for Trumps toll tactics instead of cleaning their own house and preparing for the 2020 election. This is the same arrogant behavior that lost the election for Hillary.

15. TheresTheDagger

Despite your "love and worship", it didn't preclude millions of dems voting for her regardless in both the primaries and the general. Sounds like excuses to me.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh great another chance to b**** about Hillary as if she’s the leader of the free world.

We all know that the DNC purged and consolidated power and money to make sure Hillary got the nom as quick and painless as she could. That cost them big time when it built a rift with the Bernie Bros who ended voting for Trump or Stein like idiots but it’s the world we live in.

What I don’t understand is why people think this is abnormal and believe somehow the RNC didn’t do the same thing to keep Trump far from the nom. Trump beat the establishment. Bernie didn’t.

That being said I hate it as much as anyone. I just want the Dems to all get on the same page quick because 18 is coming and everyone needs to get on the same page. Bernie folks and traditional Dems have way too much in common to not compromise on some of the small differences they have and the Bernie people need to stop it with the purity test crap. There is this notion that we have to fight over who can be the most pie in the sky liberal who will never be able to pass these super liberal promises.

FranchiseBlade and B-Bob like this.
  17. B-Bob

Excuses for what? We knew we had a flawed candidate and a flawed party. But whatever cements your feeling of superiority, bro. Seriously have at it.

18. B-Bob

Good post. We don't agree 100% on these details, (some people are carrying an awful lot of Trump's water, I mean seriously), but we agree on a lot of the problems and on our disappointment with both parties and what the DNC should be doing. I still have liberal friends saying "when we retake the house in 2018, Nancy Pelosi will start impeachment hearings!" And I'm like, you still want Nancy Pelosi leading our party, and you also think we're going to retake the House on our current path. Okay. Depressing.

Also agree, Two Scoops is a master troll. Van Jones, warts and all, just released a book about libs setting themselves on fire instead after every tweet instead of rolling up their sleeves, ignoring Two Scoops, and getting to work with haste. Seems like an interesting read but I haven't sat with it yet.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

Flawed candidate and party? That's an interesting way to describe her and what she's done. She's simply, "flawed".

Even now B-Bob, you as one of the more reasonable posters on the left won't describe her as she really is. A deceitful, disgusting pig of a candidate who screwed over your own party. But whatever assuages your brused ego bro. Seriously, you can have her.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Eh, love ya Dobro, but I think this misses the mark.

Trump aside, when you just look at liberals and what they want, the collective left needs to understand why Hillary puts a bad taste in certain people's mouths. I want to emphasize this has nothing to do with Benghazi, Uranium, or any other made up nonsense narratives. I was a Bernie supporter, and voted for Hillary, because it was the smart rational thing to do. But I didn't like Hilary, I thought she was a meh candidate who was more out for herself than I would have liked. Now, of course, every other Bernie Bro should have done the same as me and voted for Hilary, but that is irrelevant. It's not what they should do, its what they did do and why they did it, which was either to not vote, or take a chance on an "outsider", not realizing what a disaster it would be.

There has to be a united left. You can't leave the progressives out to dry and rig the system against them. That creates resentment. Its the same way the left feels when the right pulls their nonsense. Hilary needs to disappear, she is not ever going to be a figure the left can unite behind. And the DNC needs to learn from this. Rigging primaries is not who we are, or what we stand for. That is for the unscrupulous right.