1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No matter what happens tomorrow....

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BleedsRocketRed, Nov 1, 2017.

1. BleedsRocketRed

I love you all.

Its been amazing spending this whole playoff run here, with you my clutchfan brothers. I haven't seen the city like this since 1994/5. So long we have been wanting another championship in this city. The passion, the dedication, the excitement. I know its there. Us Houstonians have been though a lot sports wise over the years.

Just remember, no matter what happens tomorrow, we'll always be #Houstonstrong. Whether be happy or sad. We'll curse at eachother or we'll relish in joy. Either way, this team has brought out the best of us Houston fans. Someday our time will come again. Tomorrow? Or later who knows. But it will.

I enjoyed every moment with you guys here. Its like a 2nd family sports wise.

Go Clutchfans, Go Astros, and go the ****ing city of Houston. I truly believe our time is soon. We need it, but most importantly the city deserves it.

Go Astros!

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Well said. The past month has been a wild ride and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it with you all. I still can’t believe we are one win away from bringing a championship to this city. It’s been a long 22 years. Seeing the city come together for this playoff run has been beautiful.

Now let’s go out and win this thing. Let’s earn history.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No matter what happens....I will have my life back. I've had a blast watching the Astros in the playoffs...but I need it to be over. Game 7...just one game. Do or die. I believe the Astros will get it done. But I'm exhausted.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

No kidding. I have been on fumes since game 4 of the ALCS after the anguish of blowing that lead. What a roller coaster.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great sentiment. GO STROS!

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel the same way as you do. I'm supposed to teach Judo tonight and had been planning on getting one of the other upper belts to sub but this morning I think I'm going to go ahead. Unless it's another super fast pitcher duel I should still see the last few innings and at this point it might be better to try to get back to regular life than continue to be wrapped up in this.

7. texans1095

texans1095 Member

This season (IMO) will go down as the best season/team in Astros history. The way this team has played from game 1 against the Mariners all the way until now has been nothing short of incredible. For all of us who have watched them on TV all year and attended games, we will forever be able to say that we had the privilege of following this team. If we win, it's obviously historic. But in the same fashion, if we lose, although it would be extremely disappointing, it's still historic. In twenty years we are going to look back and not be able to believe that we had guys like Altuve, Yuli, Correa, Springer, Bregman, LMJ, Keuchl and Verlander at the same time (oh, and we have all of those guys for, at the very least, one more season).

Like many of others here on Clutchfans, I was at Opening Day and it's surreal that this entire season has come down to tonight. This team has proven to the entire country that we are a Goliath just like the Dodgers. We've shown the entire country the incredible fans we have in Houston. And we've shown everyone who was rooting for a NY/LA WS that a HOU/LA World Series is infinitely better than NY/LA would have been.

All that being said, I'm so glad that there's only one more game. The amount of stress/anxiety/emotions has been overwhelming at times throughout the playoffs and I can't wait for that to be over.

This has been a great season, a great playoffs, a great World Series... and hopefully a great World Series celebration tonight for the city of Houston!

8. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

no matter what happens tommorow, you will still be at work tommorow, while them boys enjoy life on a beach. Yeah, sounds about right.

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

No matter what happens, this team choked with Verlander on the mound. Pathetic.

10. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And in game 5 the Dodgers scored 12 runs, started Kershaw, had Jansen pitching the 9th, and lost. These are two epic teams playing an epic series. Count me as one who is grateful to witness this monstrosity of a baseball season, obviously hoping my team wins, but by god I'm just happy I'll be able to finally exhale in a few hours.

texans1095, adw and BleedsRocketRed like this.
  11. SemisolidSnake

"On fumes" is exactly the right term. I went to bed last night wondering if I could even take watching game 7. I've had a really rough couple of weeks already without the time consumption and emotional roller coaster that these games have been. Of course, I will watch it, because you just have to watch this, but it will be good for my health regardless to have it over tomorrow.

adw, BleedsRocketRed and Rox225 like this.
  12. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

It is going to be very tough to deal with a Game 7 loss. This group of guys (Altuve/Correa/Springer/Bregman) will hopefully be with the Astros for a very long time, but they have already done literally everything a team can do: Win 100+ games, win the AL West, win the AL pennant, win 3 games in the World Series. They just need 1 more win. Baseball is completely different from all other sports. There are no guarantees this team will ever get back to another World Series.

Tonight's game means so much right now, but if they lose, we might look back to today 5-10 years from now and say "That Game 7 was our best chance with this group"

It's hard to ask McCullers and probably Morton/Peacock to throw 7-9 innings of 0-2 runs. It's hard to ask Altuve to hit his 8th HR of the postseason, or for Springer to hit his 5th HR of the World Series. But those things might need to happen for us to win.

I believe tonight will come down to McCann/Marwin/Reddick getting on base multiple times, a good sac bunt by McCullers, and at least 2 home runs.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Not matter what happens tonight people will still be b****ing about something.

TracywtFacy and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we win, doubtful, even for this board. :D

If we win the World Series, my only complaint would be that I couldn't be there in person to see it.

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Good idea to share this sentiment now. After the game if we win it would be easy enough. But if we end up falling short it will be hard to say this in the short term. This team has given us a month of diversion and hope after a crap August/September.

Thank you Astros for one HELL OF A RIDE!!

16. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Not for at least 8-10 hours. At that point we can argue whether or not to trade K Tucker for a closer lol

Let's win this thing tonight Boys!

#16 The Beard, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

**** you. Really, **** you, ******* ********er mother****ing b****.

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks Obama

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's been an incredible year. Having said that, you gotta close it out when you have the chance. These opportunities come by very rarely. Lock it down Astros!

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I said this before the Series began and I still believe it: there is no way losing four times to a team as good as the Dodgers will in anyway detract from my favorite Astros season ever. It's been a helluva ride.