1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gurriel caught being racist to Yu Darvish

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheRealist137, Oct 27, 2017.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

five games next season is better than one game during the world series. I'm sure the suspension was "negotiated"

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Even @The Cat got himself in trouble over this crap. I like his podcast. Would hate to see it end.

adw likes this.
  3. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

He said nothing wrong on his twitter imo. People twist **** so much its disgusting.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what did he say? notice his account is private currently

5. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I wasnt following him so I cant recall 100% and cant see now, but he was just trying to say Yuli isnt a villain like everyone is trying to turn him into for a mistake and Stros fans should still support him and stand and clap for him. I think he said standing ovation and that pissed off everyone and their mother not from Houston.

Hustle Town likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Wouldn't have mattered. If they suspended him now, he would appeal and still be able to play so that wouldn't really do anything

7. conquistador#11

too bad yuli was born in cuba otherwise he could be president of the u.s after retirement! =)

5 games out of 162 isn't that bad. He'll learn.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This thread would be two pages long if everyone just admitted yeah Yuli ****ed up, he did an ignorant thing, he apologized, got fined, and got suspended in 5 meaningless games next season. No harm down he will learn from it.

But no. Everyone is so sensitive. I'll never say sorry. Suck it up. I'm a ****ing tool. I'm an Asian Uncle Tom. Etc. Etc.

Is it that hard to just say my bad? Like it's not about being PC or not PC or sensitivities or none of those proxy arguments. It's about having some baseline level empathy and being a human being. Jesus Christ.

Those calling for WS bans or Dodgers fans acting like they care is stupid. But that doesn't diminish what Yuli did.

Anyways yeah. Let's get back to winning. Hope Yuli doesn't let this get to his head. A WS suspension would have been BS imo.

TMac'n, Cold Hard, King1 and 11 others like this.
  9. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I pay attention to what you say. You're digging your own hole here. You live in this bubble where you THINK that just because you "disagree" with me I am calling you racist. You've spent way too much time on 4chan and reading your nut-case blogs, Pepe.

I get it, you want to be able to use the N word and make fun of minorities without having the PC police come after you. I get that. I think it's stupid that people make such a big deal because of joking and horsing around. That's why I don't think what Yuri did was a big deal.

The difference is, you go far beyond that. For you, you feel white people are a victim in all this. That minorities get alllllll the benefits, don't you? You feel racism doesn't even exist anymore because Obama became president, don't you?

C'mon, don't be shy - tell us what you really think. I'm not ignoring you, I'M LISTENING! Now talk or STFU.

11. solodolo

solodolo Member

Boom . End thread

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Clearly, games were added for suspending the suspension into next season.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I bet the lighter one is racist to the darker one.

fiersdownbelow and couple of d's like this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao I saw one dude comment on Facebook (rangers profile) that the Astros are now a classless organization and we deserve to lose. Then 5 comments down he was making fun of George Springer's stutter

Htown Stros, adw and RedRedemption like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

So...there's also this:

[​IMG]

16. theh

theh Member

Anyone else feel like this cloud is going to cost us the WS? Yuli is probably going to be a zero at the plate. He’s got to be embarrassed.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no bc it has nothing to do with the actual game of baseball. people need to stop wanting to overthink this. the astros are just the better team plain and simple

18. JaceMan da SpaceMan

No

19. sew

sew Member

The only thing that could have been considered controversial is him telling fans to give Yuli a standing ovation tonight.

20. Buck Turgidson

Gotta admit, that's a pretty damn stupid thing to say.

REEKO_HTOWN and RedRedemption like this.