1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gurriel caught being racist to Yu Darvish

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheRealist137, Oct 27, 2017.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

No way? No wonder that **** sucked when I went last week. All new girls. What happened?

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Rockets fan here, not an Astros fan. As a Rangers fan Darvish is one of my favorite players. That was a pathetic performance by him and probably the worst of his career but that's no reason to mock his race.

I was indifferent toward this series, but idk hopefully this gives the Dodgers some motivation to beat them *shrugs.*

Also, I hate this notion that only white American are racist. People in other countries are much more racist and open about it.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

No, I concluded it was a racist gesture after AJ Hinch and Yuli Gurriel confirmed it. Take your L.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Reminds me of Humberto Quintero a few years ago but that was towards a teammate. Media tried blowing it up but they couldn't.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Will the MLB suspend Gurriel?

“In May, the league suspended Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Kevin Pillar for two games for yelling a gay slur at Atlanta Braves reliever Jason Motte after a strikeout. Pillar apologized, and donated the salary from his suspension to an LGBTQ charity.

In August, Oakland Athletics outfielder Matt Joyce also received a two-game suspension for yelling a homophobic slur at a fan. His salary was also donated to a local LGBTQ group.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

From the way it's going in this thread Aoki would be expected to laugh it off and shut up about it.

Like damn bro, apparently its too much to even ask for an apology and a small fine.

The Hunted likes this.
  7. fiersdownbelow

Equally unphased. Real baseball fans don't care about this ****.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

9. conquistador#11

No place for it . disappointed in yuli.
    Reminds me of the spanish national team and the gasols were raised by doctors. I think when you're raised in countries where there is no asian population one isn't aware how racist doing that can be, but it should be common sense. We had Aoki in the clubhouse.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yu said that Gurriel made a mistake and that he was offended. Why don't you call out the idiots who said that this isn't racist or that it is fake outrage? I'm sure if Yu realized so many people were excusing this type of behavior, his response would have been harsher.

RedRedemption likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats also stupid is this brings unwanted attention that has nothing to do with the actual game when theyre trying to focus on needing two more games to win the WS

12. Bob Barker 007

swyyyguy = cryyyguy

fiersdownbelow and Hustle Town like this.
  13. theimpossibles1

On one hand you have derogatory slurs that express hatred based on sexual orientation. On the other you have a gesture that says 'your eyes are different than mine' (yet similar to billions of others)

For the record, I am disappointed in Yuli for making an insensitive and like Darvish said, disrespectful gesture.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Only dissapointment tonight are the posters triggered over something they have no idea about. LA needs this!!!!! They need this spread far and loud to get fired up and make this into a story! They got beat now they want to scream racists and Astros fans are falling for it... Pull yourself together guys and fully assess the damn situation before turning your back on one of our players. These are grown men yes but I swear there is not one saint in this thread who has never thought or said something racist.... If anyone here is a saint then please continue. If not then stfu and support our team!

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Maybe you have no awareness of the real world, but there's this thing called "public relations," and every famous person (or organization of famous people) has a rep. Our PR team trying to get ahead of this smear campaign by the LA media is not an admission of guilt.

Salvy likes this.
  16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Maybe he grabbed his head saying he can't see?

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Tell me what culture is not racist? Mexican and most central Americans are super racist to blacks Latinos and black in general. Americans? Cmon here is one of the most racist folks ever? European? Those are big time racist. Asians no idea is not my culture but probably are resist too.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They just said Darvish wants him punished, the league is looking into it

Total garbage move by Yuli

2 jackasses making our city look bad in the same day

20. Marteen

Marteen Member

One player doesn't mean the whole city or team is racist, but he should apologize. But if you're talking about the user "Hustle Town" then my mistake.

adw likes this.