1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I wish it was my company. Also, I don't think it's common these day and that's besides the point because of what I already said..

CONTEXT.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Roger Goodell was given expanded suspension because the NFL did have crime problems

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

McNair may let his son start running the franchise soon. He's old, in bad health, and in his weakened health is misquoting famous sayings that's getting him in trouble with overly sensitive people who don't know any better.

Just because someone votes for Trump doesn't make him a racist. It makes him a business man who wants to save millions by voting for Trump's tax breaks for business owners and high net worth individuals.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There is a start divide because the crime rate in the inner city is exponentially worse than the rest of the country

The problem policing the ghetto is the ghetto not the police

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Oh so now that is racist? This is getting ridiculous.

6. sammy

Everyone knows this. It's the poor and uneducated that put him in office though. I hear that America is great again.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I can't believe people are acting like they've never heard this figurative speech before. people are insane.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

He didn't call only "his black players inmates", he never even said the word black. I understand that is a logical jump to make, but it is still a jump. I know next to nothing about McNair but I have yet to read any examples of McNair being racist in the past and that background is necessary to say McNair was targeting only "black players" and being racist.

I'm also not of the impression that if you support any of Trump's ideas or plans that it automatically makes you a white supremacist. There are so many differences between the Left and the Right, there could be several topics you side with one side on over the other that have nothing to do with race/immigration/etc. I have no idea what McNair's motivations might have been for donating to Trump, I'm just beyond annoyed with the idea that supporting even a single thing Trump does automatically makes you a white supremacist.

10. sammy

Guy -- it was said in a meeting about black players taking a knee. CONTEXT man. Context.

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

From a guy who summarizes the numerous harassment allegations against Trump as "well, 15 women can be wrong, you know!", it doesn't surprise me in the least bit that you're giving Warden Norton (a.k.a. Bob McNair) a pass on this.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No, what's ridiculous is that the usual suspects claim these anthem protests are disrespecting the troops when in reality they have nothing to do with the troops and then McNair says something completely stupid and racist and you clowns bend over backwards to defend it. Now the inmates don't earn their salaries, they're gifts from the plantation owner. Keep talking. Tell me about your black friends and how you don't see color.

prohibido likes this.
  13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, but many people who voted for Trump based on that also didn't hold him responsible for his numerous transgressions and bad behavior. I talked to one of them yesterday- one of my clients who I've worked with several times over the past 12 years. He told me last year about all his reasons in voting for Trump and I got it- it was all about business. Even he's embarrassed by DT's behavior.

Anyway, SELL, MCNAIR!

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think you are too emotional to have a decent conversation with. People that are defending McNair do not see this as race because it isn't. Being hyper sensitive to a comment taking out of context is ludicrous. His actions suggest he isn't a racist person. You are ignoring his actions and justifying him as a racist because you are seeing a comment the way you want to see it. Good job bud.

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I wish I was fortunate enough to work on these new age plantations making millions of dollars.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes let's use context. What this figurative speech means is there is a hierarchy when it comes to a company. People on top control the people at the bottom and not the other way around. It's not anything racial it's just the way it is.

17. CometsWin

Context matters. If you pretend at every step that it doesn't matter then you can reach the conclusions you've reached. If you support a white supremacist, not only support but give him a million dollars, and don't decry his white supremacy then that's the logical conclusion.

18. CometsWin

Then go bust your ass every day since you are thirteen years old and be the best player at every step of your life in your school. It's easy. Go for it.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ipaman and tmacfor35 like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So cherry picking a comment about a labor issue, using a common idiom regarding labor relations somehow turns into a race issue?

The comment was inappropriate and could've used any other phrase relaying the same narrative. That doesn't mean he singled out black players, hate to break it to you but the league is more than just black players.
    This is just people wanting to find any and all reason to be offended and to use anything said as bullet points to prove your own narrative.

tmacfor35 likes this.