1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Nook

Nook Member

LOL In Bob McNair's shoes? I don't really care about the shoes of someone that
    Play for free?

They wouldn't play for free, they would end up making a lot more money. As it is the owners make a disproportionate amount. If the players banned together, they could easily workout their own television contracts. It wouldn't come to that though, because owners would have no interest in seeing their franchise value decrease.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Some would say just as much rights as the people have to mistakenly using an old idiom in a new time...

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It must not be as comforting as knowing that all of my fellow redpilling non-sexhavers from Reddit or whatever DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES and HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT.

You're probably about as interested in addressing issues like pervasive race-based inequality as the rest of the true believers are about global warming and the rest.

You don't like the facts, or the analysis around them, so you fixate instead on the harm to the real victim here - YOU - by somebody on the internet. No wonder Trump is your God-Emperor.

The fact is, you're even less interested in discussing these issues than the most strident woke-ass libtard of your fanatastical dreams.

Kaepernick was all about starting a conversation. The response and yours here indicates how interested you are in having that conversation.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He gave Rick Smith a huge extension after he signed Brock Osweiler.

The inmate is running this org

5. Fantasma Negro

Still angling for that trade I see

Houstunna likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Has he been sickened and not suprised by his paycheck signed with McNair's name on it? Bunch of two-faced, hypocrite, p***y, snowflakes, etc...

BigM likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Hypocrite? The man has to work, and people work for terrible people all the time.

edwardc and roxallways like this.
  8. cdain3

cdain3 Member

This 100%

Mr. Space City likes this.
  9. Remix

Remix Member

It's a figure of speech, but what a ****ing dumb thing to say, especially with whats going on at the moment.

Madano and ipaman like this.
  10. ipaman

Not if they keep pissing off the fans like they are so inclined to do lately. Like I said, biz 101 don't piss off the people who willingly give you their hard earned money but they and you apparently don't seem to get that. Remind me never to invest or go in business with you LOL!!!

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to sell the team. Been saying this since the beginning.

Maybe this will be the straw that gets mccrap to sell.

Statue lol

edwardc, J.R., roxallways and 2 others like this.
  12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Honestly I get what he was trying to say and I don't think he meant any harm by saying it but it's definitely one of those things that doesn't sound right once you say it... it's a common phrase though and it's not like every player in the NFL is black:

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly, but again if you don't know what you're talking about watch what you say, especially if it's in regards to a racially fueled topic.

If he was at a kindergarten talking to a bunch of teachers as the VP... I'm sure no one would of taken offense to it. But his a NFL team owner talking about a bunch of black, white, hispanic yet but majority black players so why in your right mind would you do something to fuel this even further.

14. ipaman

first of all, no one is forced to work in the nfl. Secondly, sure you can work for terrible people but now all terrible people are insensitive or racist? sorry i'm not good and jumping and reaching for conclusions like the rest of you all. but i'm working on it.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Rick Smith is going to have play a HUGE role in getting past this. He is the highest ranking black person in the organization. He is going to have to earn his money now.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

why are only black folks/players offended by this and want to twist this to inmate/player comparison??

17. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yeah Rick wouldn't be the GM for this long, or at all, if there's a slice of racist bone in McNair.

19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

more like Brown trying to persuade the players to walk out and make them think mcnair's a racist.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You keep having to repeat this in multiple forums - why can't everyone understand what a fair minded intellectual you are?

TheFreak likes this.