1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

What Grandpa Bob thinks he sees every Sunday.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok.....put like this. Free Agents won't want to come here. Players won't want to re-sign. McNair lit a match in a pool of gasoline. He has to address his players...then address DIRECTLY in the media.....now.

So....again...u are categorizing ALL NFL players are criminals...when less than 1% get in trouble or have issues. The problem is with U....

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

"Not surprising"

Even Duane's wife took a run at Bobby Mac on twitter lol.

Just freaking great.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

FANS AND OUR MONEY ARE the league b**** and look how the players ignore what we want. We want football they want to sing kumbaya and talk about feelings. Whose looking out for US?!?!

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

My mom is dealing with cancer and I have not been back on Clutchfans in a while.

McNair is talking about the players having more power than the owners which is what everyone on this forum would be worried about if they were in his shoes. Not keeping instatutional racism in 2017.

If you feel different than I am sad for you

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oh wait....the Known BIGOT wants the black players put in their place. SHUT THE **** UP.

8. ipaman

No I'm not, the media does. The perception (not mine) is league of criminals, league of hypocrites, league of insensitive to natives, league of wife beaters, league of cheating, league of etc... You blame me but I didn't create or perpetuate those narratives and perceptions.

9. ipaman

I hope they do!!! Add "fixed" to the already long list of NFL bad press.

Meanwhile... Native Americans be like...
    [​IMG]

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

All this shows is how dumb our football team is.

You really shouldn't get upset over a metaphor that is referring how someone runs a business. This whole ordeal is embarrassing from both sides.

Obviously prefer he used a different analogy, but taking something that literal is laughable.

BigM, mario_v and smitheygerard like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh...... honestly the players could just get together and form another league more easily than the owners can replace the players.

Looking out for you?

Last I checked their was football on Sunday.

What exactly makes the owners of NFL franchises so important? What do they really bring to the table?

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not think that McNair meant to deliberately say anything with racial undertones. I also do not doubt that an aging billionaire oilman could have prejudices; hearing the stories my friends tell about the people in that business sounds like a time warp.

However, unless there is a consistent pattern of outright prejudice on his part, I do not think that McNair should be wholly vilified for this. As a society, people in this day and age are so quick to pounce on another's mistakes and crucify them in the court of public opinion regardless of whether or not that person expresses true remorse. A slip of the tongue should not lead to a witch hunt and, while I may disagree with his politics, I would like to believe that McNair can understand why his players are upset and be given a chance to make it up to them.

Madano and mario_v like this.
  13. Mr. Space City

i can understand why texans players would not be at ease with this.

only person to blame is mcnair. everything was smooth before he played himself.

players didn't kneel or do any of that **** but now mcnair's dumbass is forcing their hand.

tamericus and roxallways like this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Once the players learn of the figure of speech he was trying to use, cooler heads should prevail. This younger generation probably takes him literally.

The dummies will still be offended.

15. ipaman

New league ran by players who are willing to play for free?
    [​IMG]

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

a known SJW has a problem with a figurative speech and once again wakes up crying about oppression. SHUT THE **** UP ON ONE IS OPPRESSED IN THIS COUNTRY.

17. conquistador#11

I think that's how bob said it in his head. It's a idiom that was used so much during the lockout .
    The funny and ironic thing is that they(the owners) think the kneeling is bad for business , then they(the owners) go out and say things(rich men with college degrees) without seeing how they can be taken out of context which is also very bad for business

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

McNair is dumb af for putting himself in this position. figure of speech blah blah. hes an idiot and has only himself to blame

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

huh? I'm not commenting right here on what mcnair said or anything, just stating that I don't care what Sherman thinks, ever, much less involving this whole ordeal.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Isn't the common saying inmates run the asylum. Saying prison makes it sounds like he meant something else.