1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is post is one of the most inaccurate things I've ever read.

First of all, how is it bi-partisan? Have you seen the long list of Republicans who support the investigation and spoke highly of Mueller? How can the Democrats get Mueller appointed? They aren't in power. My tune hasn't changed. I'm saying the same thing now that I've said from the beginning. You just listened to the hype when they told you it was a partisan witch hunt and ignored the fact that there were Republicans on board from the get-go.

If they find corruption from the Podesta group, then hold them accountable. Good work. At the same time since Podesta was hacked, they may just be getting background and information to find out more information on that. Either way, I'm fine letting the investigation run its course.

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Absolutely, just show your probable cause to a judge and get your warrant.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Wait a minute. Stop the presses.

I hope this is wrong, but there are some other possibilities that we need to take into consideration around this unexpected revelation that the Mueller probe is investigating a Democrat lobbying operation that had connections to the Clinton campaign.

Here is a rather skeptical article that suggests that this is just the Mueller Investigation trying to build some public credibility before they come out with indictments of Manafort and whoever else. But at the end of the day, this report on the investigation of the Podesta group is just a head fake and nothing will come out of it, in part because Mueller and co. know they will never be able to prove intent. Anyway, here is the article:

It is interesting that this information was leaked by the Mueller team directly to NBC News, of all people. I would have expected this to have been picked up first by a conservative blog, or maybe Fox News, and then reluctantly covered by the leftist media, briefly and not very thoroughly. But instead, NBC News is taking the lead on this one.

Anyway, this article provides information that it seems to me that we should at least be aware of and that we should take into account as we watch what happens next.

As far as me personally, call me naive, but I am going to hold out hope that Robert Mueller and his team are not as corrupt as many people seem to think they are and that they will pursue a thorough investigation into both parties and pursue any true wrong-doers on this to the fullest extent of the law. Maybe that is just wishful thinking, but I am sticking with it for now.

What do you guys think? Could this very skeptical article be right?

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Amazing how incompetent this administration WHEN IT'S OWN JUSTICE DEPARTMENT placed Muller in the position he is now.

How stupid are you and how stupid are the millions who buy into this bullshit?

5. larsv8

My thoughts are that if you read articles that contain the phrasing "fake news", then you need to find new articles.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Very few people believe Mueller and his team are corrupt. I'll go a step further and suggest that even most of the few who say that the Mueller team is corrupt actually believe it themselves. They know that he isn't corrupt, and are just trying to throw that out there to make themselves seem less guilty when they or those they support are hauled into court.

Not bringing charges against Podesta's squad doesn't mean that Mueller is corrupt. It only means there wasn't evidence to press any charges. Likewise pressing charges against Trump or people from Trump's campaign doesn't mean that Mueller's team is corrupt. It only means that there was enough evidence to press charges.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Same thing happened with the previous administration's Justice Department. If you want to be senile about it: we all then must be stupid.

8. dmoneybangbang

Or.... are you an elected representative? No? Did you file a warrant? No? It's cute you think you are that important.

9. dmoneybangbang

So is it a witch hunt now that the Podesta brother who was involved with Paul Manafort is being looked at? Or not....?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Funny how things end up turning back to "but Obama... but Hillary"....

I thought Trump was supposed to not represent how Obama and Hillary acted..... yet not even into the first year and here you are.......

11. dmoneybangbang

Remind me how you felt about Obama?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When a guy screws up and is a horrible president and is called out for it, it's a "WITCH HUNT" "VANDETTA" or whatever

Geez, can't these bozos admit that there is just a lot to critique Trump about?

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

there appears to be no limit to the scope/budget/duration of this investigation, despite no crime even being identified

14. dmoneybangbang

Then how were warrents given?

15. larsv8

lol @ doesn't know how investigations work.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

investigations aren't trolling for crimes, they are a response to a crime being committed and identified, which hasn't happened here

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You don't know what's happened here. The possibility of a crime and evidence of a crime is present in sufficient quantity to warrant an investigation. Nobody actually knows the totality of evidence Mueller's team currently has.

mtbrays likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where can I invest in some uranium?

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

PM me if you have cash.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They are responding to a crime.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

Full report here-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps...russian-activities-in-the-2016-election/2153/

The DOJ is responding to a crime that the White House and the GOP reps were convoluting and making impossible for the FBI to complete their investigation of.

Remember this special counsel started because of Trump impeding the FBI investigation and the activities of the House GOP reps like Devin Nunes who couldn’t handle the task of a non partisan investigation.

You only have your own party and your hero The Donald to blame. Don’t come b****ing at the Dems for your own party and White Houses F up.

#760 dobro1229, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017