1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin suffers patellar tendon rupture, out for the season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 18, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Damn that was sad to watch, his reaction... just awful...wasn't Lin one of those guys we always feared would get injured, because he always seemed to land awkwardly, fall a lot and stuff? I remember we had a player like that and I'm pretty sure it was Lin.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

You can train the muscles around a joint but I don't think you can prevent injuries like that except maybe teaching players to focus on falling to the ground properly rather than finishing their shot.

macho GRANDE and amaru like this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I've talked a lot of trash about Lin' s bball game because of his fans, but damn I hate to see him get hurt because of his story and the fact he seems to be a good guy. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

4. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

:(

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Terrible to see. Especially with the audio. Hopefully he recovers 100%

6. riko

riko Member

Irony here is that lin trolls were openly wishing harden would bust his knee but now it's there cult worshiping god that got it.What goes around comes around

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

what a dumb post. you can strengthen your knees all you want. it doesn't prevent Achilles or knee injuries. those can happen at any time just by normal activity. someone obviously doesn't play sports

understandable though for someone who can't read a simple shot chart correctly

justtxyank likes this.
  8. jayydela

jayydela Member

Hate to see a starting caliber PG get injured like that. I felt like he always had potential to have a good year barring injuries

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

They didn't tweak it to avoid injury . They tweaked it to avoid teams resting stars.

When you cut the preparation time in half ... You bet there will be more injuries.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Quit trying to make this about Lin trolls "getting what they deserved." What happened is a player got a serious injury and you're trying to say his "fans" deserved for this to happen? Please stop. This is a terrible injury and no one deserves to have this happen to them. Even the biggest LOF haters @tinman @Clutch @Zboy are hoping for a speedy recovery for Lin and I am wishing Lin the same.

Tfor3, el gnomo, iconoclastic and 6 others like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. VanityHalfBlack

That is horrible. Poor guy.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Feel really bad for Jeremy... He really is a class act off the court, and happy that he proved himself on the court. Patellar Tendon rupture for basketball players is a bad one to have, especially for a player like Lin who require explosiveness and a quick first step. I personally think that this may be it for the kid. He has represented his family, faith, and culture with class and dignity... Terrible way to go out. Prayers for Jeremy Lin and his family.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Find a bridge. Jump off.

el gnomo, T-Yao, rm365 and 1 other person like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think so. Looks like he went from momentary shock and not feeling the pain to it hurting REALLY bad. He started crying.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I think he was crying because he knew his season was done.

iconoclastic likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very sorry to see that happen to Lin. Knee injuries suck and hope he can come back from this.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ultimately it doesn't matter why he was crying, but I think you're mistaken. Watch the video again. He is shaking his head saying something (think it's "no i'm not ok" or something like that) and then all of a sudden his calm goes away. You can see the pain hit him and he topples over and cries.

I've been in that same spot. Snapped my wrist during a fall and didn't think it hurt even though I knew it was broken. Then all of a sudden the shock wore off and I cried my eyes out. The pain just overwhelmed me in a rush. I calmed down quickly but that rush of pain gets to you before you know how to react.

20. riko

riko Member

Cry me a RIVER YOF/LOF troll.....