1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman fails to extend Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks, that means a lot. I have delivered plenty to you all in the past, but I'm not one to accept failure. I'll deliver eventually. Just taking a break until the hate mail stops. I apologized to so many for Melo, but that was a damn burn. OKC didn't even have a great package to offer!!!!

Anyway, I'll keep fighting. I've got a few good years left I hope....still got the hair though.

Love yuh, brudda.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cod, sorry to hear about your current status, I think I told you about my wife's situation in a pm a while ago. Stay strong and stay positive, and here's to hoping the current round gets resolved quickly.

Codman likes this.
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I remember, man. I read it twice on a day where my doc walked into the oncology office and told me that I wasn't responding. It was horrendous. But I believe in hope, my ears and that we as fans are going to have a great year.

We better win another chip' before I collapse.

Thanks again,
    You are appreciated.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Cod, you are such an inspiration to us all. I don't believe we've ever exchanged words (text, rather), but you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting the good fight brotha.

5. mockster

mockster Member

I was joking a bit but the only way I was thinking is New Orleans has a bad season and we give up capela and Anderson and maybe a 1st or 2nd pick. I did hear during the Melo trade talks pelicans were open to taking Anderson back?. Idk if that's true or not or just pure rumors

Either way, get better and thanks for all the info.

6. Amir's Johnson

Praying for you Cod, just lost my uncle after being diagnosed 6 weeks ago. Keep on fighting!

7. basketballholic

I'm not obsessed with Noel. I happen to know:

1. MDA loves Noel the player because
    a. Noel is very fast end-to-end
    b. Noel is working on a three-ball
    c. Noel generates a lot of defensive turnovers, which are fuel for our uptempo game.

2. Noel's trade value is very low since he signed the qualifying offer and doesn't come with Bird rights.

3. We've talked about getting Noel internally ever since he was drafted.

4. Noel is not happy with how he was treated in restricted free agency.

Noel is a better player than Capela although not nearly as good a person. He's a great fit in our system. I just don't know how much salary he's really worth. Poor character guys that don't mature are a huge risk when they've got big money. And Noel has not matured as a man yet. So I'd be hesitant to pay him long-term.

But if healthy he'd be a significant upgrade on the court over Capela and if he came with a first rounder then if he walked we'd still have an asset.

Frankly........I'm afraid Capela's trade value is trending down and is going to trend down as this season plays out. But of course I hope I'm wrong.

8. basketballholic

I agree with everything @Codman said about Melo and CP3. And I wrote about it in the Melo thread the day the trade was finalized. CP3 was/is hot about Melo caving. And as I wrote in my post, his crew didn't even believe it was actually going to go down until Sunday evening after it went down. They thought Melo was going to back out, that he had not signed off on his no-trade clause. Melo actually changed his mind and accepted the deal to go to OKC on Saturday during a conversation Perry was having with him about retiring a Knick.

The only thing I disagree with @Codman on is Cousins. I know we'd trade for him. Not for his post skills but for him to fire threes. Which is precisely the reason why we signed Qi to a four-year deal and we're grinding on him to shoot the three in volume and trying to expedite his development.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cod, hang in there. Just so you know, no one is saying your were burned or got bad info. I mean, no one can be inside of Melo's head. No one expected him to change course. That is not "bad info." That is "changed info." Really nothing to apologize about IMO.

Invisible Fan, BigggReddd and Vivi like this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What a man what a man what a mighty @Codman

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

As always thanks for all your information and your willingness to share. Also you owe this board nothing in the apology department. Ones that expect apologies are not relevant.
    Keep up the good fight. I will keep you in my prayers.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. don grahamleone

[​IMG]

14. don grahamleone

[​IMG]