1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Being a Jets fan.

2. ipaman

PRESENT!!!

But I wouldn't describe myself as apathetic because I do care have interest about minority abuses by LEOs & Football, etc.. I just don't want those interests crossed. So not apathetic but angrily indifferent with this approach of combining Protest and Football. Also, getting involved and choosing a side implies a level of complicity which I refuse to partake in or acknowledge.

As far as I'm concerned, both protesters and and anti-protesters should GTFO of Football. And take the pre-game festivities with them as well because they are totally useless and make the event even longer than it should be. And we know most sports are too long as it is. Drop the anthems, drop the honorary guest, drop the patriotic bullshit, and every sporting event would be 15-20 minutes shorter.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

You are absolutely right. But in any case he will not play again. Who will sign him after that? He would make some nice dough by suing them, but the career is done.

4. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Wow, you're pretty forgiving for Ray Rice. He knocked out his girl with a punch but it's a "sticky situation"? You call that a "mistake"? wow. If any man, especially a professional athlete, knocks out a woman ( you know a female...who might as well been a child with his strength) with a punch...that's not a mistake. What the hell are you talking about?

5. amaru

amaru Member

Look I’m not a big patriot or anything but even I was slightly upset by the jackass sitting, and probably farting, all over the flag. Might as well wipe his ass with it......wait he probably does.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What the hell are you talking about? I said the NFL were hypocrites on Ray Rice.

Domestic violence encompasses a range of behaviors, not just knocking someone out. If Ray Rice had merely grabbed the woman and bruised her arm is that the same as knocking her out? Of course not. Should he lose his career over grabbing his girlfriend? Of course not.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So, sticking to what actually happened instead of something that had nothing to do with what happened and would’ve been much less benign ...do you think he should’ve lost his career over it?

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ray Rice knocked out his GF and was caught on video. WTF you talking about hypotheticals lmao

He wasn't allowed back on a NFL team because his skills didn't outweigh the negatives of having him on the team.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think it shows your priorities if you think the sanctity of a ball game is more important than a player expressing his grievences about an objective more important issue that you would agree is more important but your rhetoric says otherwise.

If you think it's an important issue, you wouldn't use a player using a ****ing ball game as a disquilfier for not hearing him out or being irked by him.

You are just making arbitrary claims that football is to sacred for someone to express a social or political platform coming from the game.

10. ipaman

Who the fack said football is sacred LOLOLO!!???

I watch football while I cook meat and drink beer. I don't want politics and real would drama while I temporarily unplug from the real world, eat meat, and drink beer.

If you do then you'll never be invited to my Sunday bbqs.

11. fchowd0311

Then don't watch the anthem part just you probably never do also.

I can deal with it. You can also you snowflake.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You could make the EXACT same statement about Kaepernick and it would be every bit as true.

13. ipaman

oh look a real tough guy... you probably don't get invited to any bbqs at all with your stupid takes and stupid outlook on life. people hate having people like you around because you suck the life and fun out of everything because you can't help yourself. you bring in your baggage and bullshit just like kap and the rest of the kneelers and fake patriots. fack all of you insufferable schmucks.

and i'll tell you this. if the protesters and the anti-protesters keep up their bullshit then i can easily be out. way to many ways to entertain myself and enjoy myself while eating and drinking. all of them on notice and i'll tell you this, i've quite watching espn and all of their "sports" because it was constant political bullshit. now my single viewership isn't going to hurt them but it's my choice to not waste my time so i made that choice very easily. again, so many options to catch and keep my attention and i'm honest about what i want.

you hilariously mentioned sanctity and sacredness earlier. i'll say this, my down time, fun time, family time, that's what sacred and i'll avoid anything and everything that's not aligned. life's too short and can end in a moments notice, no time for bullshit.

14. fchowd0311

Over a knee bend. o_O

15. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

You know...maybe, just maybe, people could respect the presidents opinion, but then ish like this

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-gardens/article179433356.html

Along with the Khans, McCain, and throwing his COS's son into the situation...Makes it real hard to say he has any respect for the military.

I understand if you feel Kaepernick is being disrespectful. That is your right to voice your opinion, just as it is his to voice his in which ever way. While the military is held on a pretty sacred and revered ground; it is not exempt from criticism, protest, and even opposition.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are so upset by a player kneeling to the national anthem - what a bunch of snowflakes.

"Oh hey black people, stop protesting injustice, cops are great and so is the country, just because you get treated badly by the justice system, shut up and take it and do your job! Focus on black on black crime and black problems, not problems from white people who are better than you and have a right to treat you like crap. Now, let me get back to watching you help my team win"

17. krnxsnoopy

That's exactly my point.

The faux outrage of the flag is dumb asf. Same dumbo Trump fans who downplay the Russian meddling.. b****ing about the anthem, while they stuff fries in their piehole and chug beers while the anthem plays. The same dumb idiots who b**** about the confederate monuments and their "culture", protesting the protesters. Passive aggressive racist Trump fans.

18. CometsWin

Yep. He punched a chick out.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  19. CometsWin

No. He recieved a two game suspension first and the Ravens owner said he'd give him a second chance. Then later the video came out, the NFL suspended him indefinitely, and the Ravens cut him. You're welcome ya dope.

20. krnxsnoopy

Ya his skills didn't outweigh the ****storm the video brought. Pretty straight forward. Do you even logic bro? Conspiracy nut.