1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the tweet was real even if the interest wasn't. bottom line 'aint nobody hiring someone if they (he didn't shut it down or reject it) portray them as a slave on on national blast like that. that's fack up man and hurts her and kap's cause even more.

2. ipaman

smart is relative and in this case jobless, causeless, powerless kap doesn't look smart.

call it whatever you want but kap's "losing" and trump's "winning." again, i don't have a side so don't get your panties in a bunch over "words" and unclear context. my side is fack them both & fack the people who try to pick a side while blaming the other. one is fooling people and the other destroyed a very important message. both of them can suck a bag of dicks.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I guess that's a sticky situation. Should someone lose their entire ability to pursue their profession if they make a mistake like that? Some of those guys make a mistake and then some of those guys clearly have a major problem with violence and exhibit repetitive behavior. So I guess for me it would be on a case by case basis whether someone should get a second chance.

I think it was collusion but my memory might be bad. He got a very small suspension and was under contract to play until the actual tape came out and then the NFL gave him a bigger suspension and then no one would sign him. I'm pretty sure if the tape never came out someone would have tried to sign him.

4. amaru

amaru Member

That’s what I’m getting at. The interest sounded more like “sauces” than actual sources

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Which is worse sitting on the flag or drinking beer through a straw?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Many of the people pissed off at Kaepernick and the NFL players don't really care much about the flag. They are just bothered by black people acting "ungrateful" or "uppity." This is why these people are not gonna be bothered bout this one (white) guy sitting on a flag, or the thousands of fans milling around every NFL stadium buying hot dogs and going to restrooms while the national anthem is played. They know that the players are protesting police brutality and they support police brutality.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wouldn't say they 'support it', more like wave a magic wand over it and claim it's a non-existent problem.

London'sBurning likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Blown opportunity to do something major? Thanks to trump he has. CP is not a leader - never was and never will be. However, what he did would not have been anything but a minor footnote had it not been for Trump. CP is no longer relevant and won't be again. But, he has set off the chain of dominoes thanks to Prez.

9. ipaman

Chain of damage against his message. More support for LEOs than before and prople have forgot what he even kneeled for. Blew it.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good that more people support LEO's - this was never about lowering their support. I am not sure you knew what his message was to be honest.

People are twisting his message to be about patriotism. But it's no longer his message anyway. It's a big chunk of the NFL players' message. It's bigger than him now. Guess you can't see that. SAD!

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

On top of that, needing something to sit on to not get his precious pants dirty on fake grass. That's a lot of pansy snowflake in one pic.

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's more that they've changed what he was kneeling about because the original reason was incredibly stupid and based on lies. Now the kneeling is just an anti-Trump thing more than anything else.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  13. zksb09

zksb09 Member

I think that’s right. Although some (Trump is an obvious example who has advocated for it openly) might support police brutality, I think there are others who are not aware of it and still others who are uncomfortable with the conversation.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Agreed. Trump fans don't care about Russia meddling in our election but they're mad about a flag lol. Fake patriots!

But tbh if I was an NFL owner I don't think having Kaepernick on the team is worth the headache. He's just not that good.

ipaman likes this.
  15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol nice mental gymnastics. Now kneeling is anti-Trump thing. Wow we have officially come full circle!

Trump hijacked the kneeling of the anthem narrative as anti-anthem/flag to rile up Trump fans. Now Trump fans say the kneeling of the anthem is anti-Trump to rile up Donald Duck Trump!! LMAO

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You're right most aren't, but some are. Especially in the greater debate online, not just on this board.

Pretty funny that the definition of collusion under this CBA more aptly fits the definition of conspiracy. Conspiracy is almost unnecessary and practically impossible to prove. Even if someone leaked photos of various mini-groups of owners getting together over the summer, that wouldn't be proof of collusion as defined by the CBA.

Same reason insider trading regulations are a joke. Same reason abuse of government office regulations are a joke.

These are rules put there to make everyone think they matter to the stakeholders, when their enforceability and measurability are close to zero. The owners and the league are in control, they make the rules with minimal fuss from players. Players, mind you, who are recruited based on their passion for money rather than craft from when they are teenagers. This is why you hear scores of basketball and football players getting duped still repeating the mantra "it's a business" and "i had to do what's best for me." It's the reason most fans see players swap winning/development for cash and think it's JUST DANDY.

Like many many issues in every organization and institution, the problem is not whether the rules were breached, the problem is that the rules are heavily influenced by those most regularly perpetrating the "crime" - in this case collusion.

#1076 Mathloom, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

People have the right to their opinion.

Police brutality isnt a mass social problem.
    The shootings are rare events and most are justified

18. Nook

Nook Member

This isn't directed at you, but is a perfect place to explain what CK does and doesn't have to prove.

Two teams or two entities (a team and a league office source) is all that is needed to prove collusion. He doesn't need a tapistry of all the teams.

To kill the CBA he needs to prove 14 teams collided. That will be hard, but not impossible. He can prove that with a mandate from the NFL offices telling teams to avoid CK.

So how does he prove collusion? His attorney is going to ask for permission to issue subpoenas for e-mails and phone records from the NFL front offices and team front offices and personnel. The question is how intrusive will the court/arbitrator let CK's attorney go in pursuing information.

The NFL and team personnel are a fraternity, and people by nature are not careful with what they say on text and e-mail. It is possible that they will find proof of collusion.

Cases like these almost always hinge on the amount and quality of circumstantial evidence. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I mean....it is.

Originally the kneeling was based on the false narrative that cops were going around murdering innocent black people in the streets and it wasn't a very popular thing. When Trump spoke out against it, then all sorts of people did it as a middle finger to the president more so than anything else. The false narrative has fallen by the wayside....which is actually a good thing for them because a LOT more people will get behind an anti-Trump message than the false narrative that suggests racist police officers are murdering innocent black men in the streets.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  20. likestohypeguy

I wonder if some people are just completely apathetic to both sides, like not interested in the protest, but also not interested in what people who are against this movement have to say either.

I figure there must be, because that seems like who is being catered to now, not showing the anthem/activists at all.