1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you're gonna post this nonsense at least be accurate on the bottom line. The NFL and every other sport makes the overwhelming portion of its revenue from tv contracts

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is players kneeling an NFL choice? You're conflating individual choices with the organization only when it suits your agument.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

they hate both. kap just sucks more.

NFLs response to kneeling is an NFL choice. thus the boycotts of the NFL (or a team)

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yes, and the nfl will make a lot less money on their tv deals at the next negotiation with fox and co if people stop buying tickets to the stadium and watching the games on TV.

They all affect the viewership and popularity of the NFL. You can disagree with me all you want but its close minded to say im spouting nonsense.

NFL business absolutely has reason to be nervous.

Also, when did I make a statement that opposed your statement that nfl makes the most money from tv deals? strawman bro.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nonsense

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So why would they purposely lose money for Kaepernick.

Owners don't buy into police brutality.

7. Daddy Long Legs

1) Not sure what you are saying in that loaded question that assumes owners want to lose $ for kaepernick. Dont understand what you mean by that or how it relates to the topic at hand or supports your conclusion about owners and police brutality. Please rephrase and expound upon your point because I have no idea where you are getting at.

2) Im not interested in debating the integrity or morality of kaps position. All my posts in this thread have mainly been about the threat he brought to the business side of the NFL.

3) I dont care about flag ettiquette, I’m not offended by kneeling or standing. Im not anti kap and I support his stance on police brutality vs unarmed black men. (Although as a cuban whos mom escaped on a boat to miami because of castro, I can say that he did make some ignorant statements regarding that)

Nook likes this.
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

YOU started talking about money or at least losing fans. Why would the owners lose fans for Kaepernick

9. Daddy Long Legs

They dont want to. Thats why they arent signing him. So where is our disagreement? Lol

10. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

So are you against those black athletes in the NFL getting a second chance after beating up their girlfriend/wives?

Oh by the way, do you believe Ray Rice was colluded against or was it because his skills on the field declined combined with not being worth the PR headache? Ray Rice couldn't have been a 4th or 5th string running back??

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

His unwinnable suit against the NFL is the nail in the coffin for his NFL career. He and his agent are exponentially more foolish than DMo and BJ Armstrong.

It's sad to imagine the lost real community service impact he could have had with a competent agent and a different approach with his protest. I think of Shaq's approach and others like him. Compare what Shaq did to earn his money and earn even more with his businesses and investments combined with his charitable ways in comparison to Kap's divisive, spectacular, flame out. It's shocking.

#1031 ipaman, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the NFL is colluding against him - it's not necessary for them to do that. I don't understand all the hate for him though.

13. krnxsnoopy

Not many companies in Corporate America are keen to hire employees who sue their employers, athlete or not.

And yes, NFL is Corporate America.

ipaman likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm against humans who are more irked about a knee bend over beating the **** out of a defenseless woman.

15. Daddy Long Legs

I know its really off topic but I do want to say the boondocks is a top 5 show all time with the best theme song ever. I have asheru & blue black on vinyl because of that show.

Back to D and D now lol

16. krnxsnoopy

Same. Agree 100%. You're absolutely correct.

But I think Kaepernick's situation is more like Ray Rice's situation where the on-the-field product doesn't outweigh the off-the-field drama/distraction. CometsWin assertion of collusion is ridiculous. Plenty of black athletes received second chances in the NFL. And people like Ray Rice didn't get a second chance either.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

LOL that show is still one of my favorites.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

my "hate" for him is for how stupid he is and how he blew the opportunity he had to do some major, everlasting, positive, impact. he totally annihilated his platform and his cause and that's putting it kindly.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ray Rice knocked out his GF. Kaep protested police brutality. If they are the same type of distraction maybe the problem is with people who view them the same.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

shouldn't you be more rationally upset at the people who use veterans as a shield to dismiss his protest? Shouldn't you be more rationally upset that people are this irked by a knee bend?

If you had any logic and reasoning skills you would realize the vast majority who are irked by Kap and his protest wouldn't have agreed with his cause regardless of his methods.

MLK wasn't popular in his protests too. People held the same opinion of MLK. He was an anti-American communist plant to millions of Americans during his era.

Have some perspective and understand that hardly anyone is actually legitimately upset over 'disrespecting the flag' but are upset that Kap had the audacity to not believe our law enforcement is infallible and since so many millions in this country place law enforcement on a pedestal(p***y on a pedestal syndrome), they find ways to discredit his protest.