1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Kaep is single handedly trying to destroy the NFL :eek:

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

owners must be colluding to not hire this 3rd string QB who half the fan base despises and who is a total distraction in the work place. What else could it be? Owners would be crazy not to want to pay money to this guy who wears socks depicting cops as pigs.
    has a batshit crazy girlfriend, and supports Fidel Castro. Easiest collusion case ever.........

#982 tallanvor, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. Daddy Long Legs

The onus is never on the paying customer. They 100% have the right (even if some view it as immoral) to lose interest and stop giving the NFL money based on politics becoming such a huge part in the NFL.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't view them as costumers. I view them as piece of **** humans using my service and the service of my dead friends as a shield to dismiss a protest that has nothing to do with veterans.

Ya, the onus is on them to pull their heads out of their asses.

5. Daddy Long Legs

And thats exactly why people are tuning out. A lot of people dont want to a part of this divide. A lot of people dont want to pay money just to be peer pressured into a certain view or be called “a racist piece of chit”

The NFL has to view the offended people as customers or they would not be a business. Its about the bottom line.

This is the single greatest threat the NFL business has ever faced IMO

Reality is what it is.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

People who aren't bothered by the knee bend and are NFL fans are not tuning out.

The only ones who are 'tuning out' are people irked by the knee bend and those people are stupid... Every single one of them.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

:eek: But what do you really think? No middle ground here? The flag represents many things to many people...somehow I think people are going to keep thinking Of the flag the way they want to regardless of what the guy calling them pieces of **** is telling them how they should think of it. I dunno.

8. likestohypeguy

If he wins, how do they decide which team they're going to make sign him, and how much they have to pay him?

Probably should make the packers or titans hire him, given the styles of the injured qb's he'd be replacing.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Who cares. Not taking a position here, but the NFL doesnt give a damn whos “stupid” or a “fake fan”. They care about making money. If there are more “stupid people” and “fake fans” then “smart people” and “real fans” then the NFL will care more about the “dumb fake fans”

Also you might try not to assume people are defective just because they dont ageee with you. So many people on each side of this debate are really falling victim to the false consensus effect.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_consensus_effect

"Additionally, when confronted with evidence that a consensus does not exist, people often assume that those who do not agree with them are defective in some way.[2] There is no single cause for this cognitive bias; the availability heuristic, self-serving bias, and naïve realism have been suggested as at least partial underlying factors.”

10. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think anyone is arguing this point.

The question is whether there is collusion as defined under the collective bargaining agreement.

11. fchowd0311

There is no avenue where I can understand someone justifiably being upset over a knee bend at least in this context.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't he turn down a team because the $ offer was too low?

13. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

The only people i see being pressured are those taking a knee. Even our President has bullied.

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

Not at all is destroying the nfl the nfl has blackballed him for taking a stand.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't care that much about Kaepernick and if he's on a team or not won't change how much I watch the NFL both in person or on TV. What I continually find sad is that more people are up in arms over Kaepernick and the kneeling protest than they are about things like domestic violence, performing enhancing drugs, CTE, and teams and the leagues blackmailing cities to build stadiums. People are so worked up over symbolic demonstrations while ignoring issues that have very real consequences.

CometsWin and Nook like this.
  16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

especially when their own president said POWs are not heroic b/c they were captured and repeatedly insulted the parents of a soldier killed in combat.

trump does not care about this issue and his supporters who do are hypocrites and tools...all of them.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

people definitely are up in arms over domestic abuse. Not sure why anyone would care about PEDs.CTEs aren't exactly controversial. Everyone wants less of them, the question is how to do it without ruining the game.

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't recall threats of boycotts over domestic abuse. There haven't been threats of boycotts over CTE or PED's.

Just to add you have somene like Adrian Peterson who admitted to getting out of hand disciplining his kid and he's back playing football.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

20. Daddy Long Legs

That is all that you see, but i see pressure on both sides. Derek Carr lost the respect of lots of his teammates for not kneeling. Greenbay fans were put on blast in the national media for not locking arms. Ray Lewis was called a “coon” and “uncle tom” for saying kaep should focus on football. Villanueva was put in an awkward position had to apologize to teammates for being out of the tunnel during the anthem.

Im not for or against the kneeling. I dont care about proper flag ettiquette, some of the music i dig is punk rock music where people burn the flag on stage sometimes lol

Im obviously for equality in social issues and against the unarmed killing of innocent black men. I live in austin and was a UT student during trayvon and protested with other students against the non guilty verdict.

It is just completely asinine and ridiculous to assume people are racists, white supremacists, or bad people because they view the flag differently than someone who is kneeling.