1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No chemistry between Harden and Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Oct 3, 2017.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

CP3 has shown me in one preseason game that he's definitely still got it. He's got plenty left in the tank barring injuries and will continue to be Elite->Very very good for some time. He will ABSOLUTELY help during critical 4th quarter breakdowns. Why wouldn't he?

He's a hall of fame PG that's been added to a very good Harden squad. Granted it remains to be seen over the course of the season, but I beg to differ on your stance.

Some might not agree with me here, but I wholeheartedly believe that the Rockets got WAY better this offseason with CP3, Luc and Tucker added to the roster. We lost Bev, but this team is so much more balanced and complete in my opinion. We have the defensive players to spell Ariza and add versatility top to bottom.

This roster as is can be extremely potent. Even with Harden shooting poorly (and taking some ill advised shots), it was still such a privilege to have BOTH Harden and CP3 available. That's a major luxury that will be realized over the course of this season. Looking forward to seeing things play out.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yea, I was thinking more...

Like non.

Jontro and don grahamleone like this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Amount of laughs generated:

Like, non.

4. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

Haha even clutch fired back.

5. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I looked up 'mental pre-mature ejaculation' up on wikipedia and it directed me to this post.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha even Turbo fired back.

[​IMG]

7. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Somebody call a playa's-only meeting!

8. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's because CP3 didn't go with him to the Travis Scott concert.

They probably don't eat together.

BigMaloe and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

"WAY better" is not enough. We could've have jumped all the way to the top had Morey not been a p***y.

11. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Did you
    I never wanted to give up Gordon for Melo. Last night confirmed it. You have no faith in Murray. Like non.

12. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Last night confirmed Melo still has plenty left in the tank and would've made us a big threat to the Warriors.

PatBev likes this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I thought the chemistry between Harden and CP3 was fine.

And I'm all for shooting as many threes as possible when you are hitting 43%.

But to the extent the OP wasn't "blown away" by the pairing or new team... sure, I see that. It's 1 preseason game, lol, but I see that.

Random somewhat associated... the team had 9 two point field goal makes. Just 9. That seems low.
    There weren't many "plays" run. Which doesn't mean none. And doesn't mean they should run plays all the time, or even a lot. But I did see some plays run that seemed pretty successful. It's just preseason, so they both aren't sharp and you probably don't want to tip your hand too much.

I just hope they continue to develop chemistry and continue to add real "play" options going forward.

And I put play in quotes, because I'm not talking about super structured stuff. Just the stuff like the double high screens we saw some of last night. Pistol. But more options off of it than we saw last year.

Anyway, I think its clear the Rockets have developed a culture and are sticking to it. And it's a culture that is going to win A LOT of regular season games. And, frankly, its a culture that should be mimicked more around the league. Because it is simple math. Shoot threes. And when that's not working, shoot MORE threes.

CP3 adapted well to this immediately, and should continue to do so. It's his passing ability that will shine here. He hits guys that are open. He hits them in the numbers if he has anything close to a clear passing lane. He doesn't turn the ball over.

And all of the above ignores defense, where CP3 seemed to have the biggest immediate impact.

BUT!!!! We have to remember that was against Felton. I think Felton was trying to play himself out of the league last night. Couldn't hold onto the ball, and the only positive thing he did was hit a couple jumpers from a step inside the 3 point line...

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  14. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[​IMG]

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Last night proved that Melo doesn't make OKC a threat even against us much less the warriors

Last night also proved that Ariza + Ego >> Melo

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

+ryno. thinking that melo replaces production from the combination of those guys is utterly stupid

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Melo doesn't have anything to do with this thread, like...non

19. HTWN2VEGAS

HTWN2VEGAS New Member

Were you watching the same game as myself? They have so much chemistry already and both are getting everyone involved as well as scoring and playing defense. I guess assisting on 24 3s last night is not chemistry????

20. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

I think OP was lost for a letter and not word. missing an "e".